Ford to Launch Fiesta ST in North America, Brings Big Speed and Style to the Small Car Market - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-26-2012, 08:45 AM   #1
FFTeam
Administrator

Fan#: 41389
FF Reputation: 4 FFTeam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ford to Launch Fiesta ST in North America, Brings Big Speed and Style to the Small Car Market

See More Images - Hosted by Blue Oval Fanatics

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

• Fiesta ST – a well-known hot hatch born in Europe and now ready for North America – packs a punch with a 1.6-liter EcoBoost® engine producing nearly 200 horsepower
  • New Fiesta ST is Ford’s latest vehicle to wear the Sport Technologies badge, a global performance brand that debuted in North America earlier this year with the launch of the Focus ST
  • Exclusively equipped with a six-speed manual transmission, Fiesta ST is expected to be a segment leader in both performance and fuel efficiency

Small cars continue to be a hot segment in North America and with the new Fiesta ST, introduced here at the 2012 Los Angeles Auto Show, Ford is expected to have the hottest hatch around.

Fiesta ST, a performance model first launched in Europe back in 2005, is yet another proof point from Ford that small cars are anything but boring. In addition to a precision sport-tuned suspension and an improved braking system, Fiesta ST packs a punch under the hood.

A new high-output variant of the award-winning 1.6-liter EcoBoost® four-cylinder engine propels Fiesta ST with an estimated 197 horsepower and 214 lb.-ft. of torque. In comparison, Mini Cooper S makes do with 181 horsepower and 177 lb.-ft., while Chevrolet Sonic RS produces just 138 horsepower and 148 lb.-ft.

Unlike the competition, Fiesta ST doesn't simply look like a performance car; it's got the guts to back it up.

"This is a rewarding car to rev," says Mark Roberts, Fiesta calibration supervisor. "With 177 lb.-ft. of torque available from just 1,600 rpm and 214 lb.-ft. by 3,500 rpm, Fiesta ST gives the performance and feel of an engine twice its size. There's no waiting at all for the power to just push you back in your seat."

Fiesta ST may be born with racing DNA, but buyers won't have to pay for that performance at the pump. Available exclusively as a five-door hatchback in North America and with a six-speed manual transmission, Fiesta ST is projected to achieve up to 34 mpg.

This compact performance machine sports a unique grille and chin spoiler with new rear diffuser and fascia extensions. Bright tipped dual-exhaust pipes and high-mount spoiler along with unique 17-inch wheels complete the visual package: Fiesta ST looks like it's made for the racetrack. The car is first of its nameplate to receive the Molten Orange tri-coat metallic paint.

Fiesta ST steering is more direct and responsive than the base model. A unique suspension with modified front knuckle makes for a quicker overall steering ratio of 13.6:1.

The rear axle gets increased roll stiffness to improve stability through fast corners, while the Fiesta ST body sits 15 millimeters closer to the ground than the base model.

Increased mechanical grip provided by the suspension improvements is further enhanced with electronic Torque Vectoring Control to reduce understeer during hard cornering maneuvers. Three-mode electronic stability control – standard, sport or off – enables the ST driver to select the amount of electronic aid based on current conditions. Overall, Fiesta ST provides enthusiastic drivers with the ideal mix of performance handling and ride comfort.

Fiesta ST will also sound good on the open road. It features the mechanical version of the sound symposer first used on the Focus ST, which went on sale in North America earlier this year, to provide an enhanced soundtrack for drivers out tackling the open road. It is unique for Fiesta in that for the first time the engine sound is directly fed into the passenger cabin to accentuate feedback quality and response.

Fiesta ST is the result of the combined efforts of Team RS in Europe and SVT in the United States.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
Kevastator
Focus Addict

Fan#: 104674
What I Drive: 01 F150. For now.

FF Reputation: 2 Kevastator Good Standing Member
Holy crap 200 hp? For all those who were afraid of it being underpowered, I don't think you'll have to worry anymore haha
[Rally Revolution #7]
ASPECT Motorsports
Old 11-26-2012, 12:15 PM   #3
sam fisher
I hate dents!

Fan#: 103137
What I Drive: 2006 silver zx4 ses

FF Reputation: 3 sam fisher Good Standing Member
awesome , but still rather get the focus lol.

Sent from my N860 using FF Mobile
Old 11-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #4
FocusSTHopeful
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85667
What I Drive: 2008 silver g35x

FF Reputation: 1 FocusSTHopeful Good Standing Member
This is it. I will have this car. I . will . have it.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:22 PM   #5
sbc17
Focus Addict

Fan#: 101047
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT , '96 Sunfire

FF Reputation: 2 sbc17 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusSTHopeful View Post
This is it. I will have this car. I . will . have it.
Looks like you are gonna have to change your username now...lol
Blue Interior
Build number: 61 of 3985
Old 11-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #6
FocusSTHopeful
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbc17 View Post
Looks like you are gonna have to change your username now...lol
I shoulda changed it when I bought my GTI over the Focus! lol
Old 11-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #7
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
But how much will it cost?

Will the LED/HID's be an option like they are on the Focus ST? I'm actually very disappointed to not see them here.
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #8
FocusSTHopeful
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
But how much will it cost?

Will the LED/HID's be an option like they are on the Focus ST? I'm actually very disappointed to not see them here.
the fiesta ST will NEED to undercut the Focus ST's 23$,700 bottom line.

I'm guessing we will see most dealer-specced Fiesta STs around 21-22,000
Old 11-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #9
swansong
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83576
What I Drive: 2008 Saab 9-3 Aero SportCombi XWD

FF Reputation: 10 swansong Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Nice to see the power get bumped up!

I suspect 34 mpg to be a very conservative number, Focus ST is rated 33 mpg hwy, and the 1.6 Fusion with 6 speed manual is rated at 37 (although the Fusion has a ridiculously low 0.27 coefficient of drag.)
Gone: 2002 SVT, #1654

Hers: 2010 Focus SES: 73k, Ebony, Auto, Moon and Tune
Old 11-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #10
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

FF Reputation: 16 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
And boom goes the dynamite.

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3

Bookmarks & Social Networks