toms tune what everyone should know - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
pasta
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62350
What I Drive: 2003 eap svt

FF Reputation: 5 pasta Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (40)
toms tune what everyone should know

just thought everyone should know about tom he cant tune look at all the post people have same promblems and he got kicked off of the other forum for screwing people over people say they did 7 data logs and it still not right dont be a fool he is one person working from home doesnt even have a shop wish i knew all this before

so my story hey tom is this plug and play he says yes so i order install tune runs better off the line but have hanging revs like 3000rpm call tom for datalog he says set up laptop he will call back of coarse never did so i waited around like a complete fool so your basically at his mercy ask him for refund and says ho dont give refund so im stuck with nothing

so dont fall for his b/s go to a real shop for tune

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
forddorf
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 31248
What I Drive: 2001 malibu blue zx3 / turbo-2004

FF Reputation: 3 forddorf Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Sorry to hear that. But I am confused, you say you are stuck with nothing, Has he refused to tune your car after paying him? I have used Tom for my turbo zetec tuning and never had any problems with him or the tuning he has done for me.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
mikebontoft
Toxx

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Proper punctuation is key... I had to read that several times just to figure out what the hell you're talking bout.

do yourself a favor and keep trying to call him. You're not his only customer and I think he overextends his service. Its nothing new...

So pretty much you're running on his base tune, called him once and you're waiting to hear back from him. He never calls you back so you come up with this thread. lovely.

Why not get in touch with him again, ready to go with your laptop so he can finish your tune. This way you can enjoy your car instead of feeling sorry for yourself.
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics

Old 12-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
iminhell
C2H5OH

Fan#: 36222
What I Drive: 2000 & 2001 ZX3's

FF Reputation: 48 iminhell Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Listen kid,

Why is this coming out 3 months after you got his initial tune?
Why did you drag your feet to datalog and send it to him so he could look it over and send an update back?

This is a 2 way street. Tom is a very busy guy and though he tries his best to do 1 on 1 tuning, it doesn't always work out that way. You have to keep an open communication line with him as he does you.

I've read more than a handful of your posts and I'm pretty sure that if you'd take more time with things it'd show through in your posts. Look at your typing style, grammar and such, it shows that you don't take the time you should to make things legible. I've found that this does reflect in real life, though not always.

I can't personally speak to Tom's work being I've never paid him for anything. But he has provided me with help along the way of tuning my own car. By that regard I'd call him a standup guy. I've also seen a good portion of the Focus community pleased with his work, both novice and expert automotive knowledge level. But I have seen some who didn't feel their tune was adequate, but communication was always the main problem on both ends.

For the record, Tom was never kicked off the other site. He still retains an open account there. He choose to come here due to differences in opinions.
Many of the people on the other site are running his tunes, many here are running tunes form other shops/people.

Now get off you high horse and contact Tom. It's also your job to keep the line of communication open.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #5
disciplerocks
Pushrods

Fan#: 59330
What I Drive: 04 ZX3, 12 Hatch

FF Reputation: 13 disciplerocks Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
In before the ban
89 Bronco II XLT Well the body is still stock, what's left of it

Old 12-05-2012, 08:44 PM   #6
iminhell
C2H5OH

Fan#: 36222
What I Drive: 2000 & 2001 ZX3's

FF Reputation: 48 iminhell Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
^Won't happen, and I'll make sure it doesn't.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:54 PM   #7
disciplerocks
Pushrods

Fan#: 59330
What I Drive: 04 ZX3, 12 Hatch

FF Reputation: 13 disciplerocks Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Yeah, but it will probably be closed.

To the OP: me and Tom haven't seen eye to eye on everything, but he is committed to finished his work. If you purchased his tune, then he will finish it. I have always found that contacting him on AIM is the easiest. But if you are still waiting on a phone call that he most likely forgot, and haven't tried to contact him again, I feel no sympathy.
89 Bronco II XLT Well the body is still stock, what's left of it

Old 12-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #8
ZXthrizzle05
TURBO ZX3

Fan#: 24434
What I Drive: 2007 mazda 3 I sport, TURBO ZX3

FF Reputation: 6 ZXthrizzle05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
same with disciple. dude Tom is awesome, and a very busy person. he has ALOT of customers. me being one. let me tell you his commitment to his customers is top notch. seriously. I can ask him on AIM just a question. not even wanting to datalog. he will respond back sometimes quick sometimes not, and request a datalog, look at it, review it, alter it and send me a tune, ON HIS DAYS OFF none the less. even thou I wasn't asking for a tune. he is fantastic and would not in any means put any of his customers cars in jeopardy. your simply not bugging him enough. its the same as applying for a job. you don't simply just walk in, hand in your resume, and get hired on the spot. same principles apply here kid.
RISE AGAIN EGGYOLK130 WHP 124 WTQ ZETEC CREW #271
RIFF CREW
TURBO DYNO COMING SOON

Old 12-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #9
LouBomb
It was all a DREAM!

Fan#: 32545
What I Drive: A magical pony by the name of Sally

FF Reputation: 9 LouBomb Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Just to clarify things, He does have a shop. Ive been there. I also have pics of all the Foci he has there. He followed through and figured out some of my issues.. If you are not happy then go to another vendor. But making things up is not cool dude. Im sorry you feel you have gotten ripped off, but coming off like that will not gain you any respectability around here.

Good Luck

Formely IMPORTKILLA35
Focus Revolution Club--Hatch Nation

Old 12-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #10
ZXthrizzle05
TURBO ZX3

Fan#: 24434
What I Drive: 2007 mazda 3 I sport, TURBO ZX3

FF Reputation: 6 ZXthrizzle05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
exactly^^^^^^^^^^
RISE AGAIN EGGYOLK130 WHP 124 WTQ ZETEC CREW #271