MFT 3.5.1 bugs - Page 10 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #91
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick W View Post
Mind numbing. This was worked in every other version over the last year. The "best" version yet and this is all of a sudden broken.
Since their current testing method obviously isn't working, I suggest they make a tree diagram of every screen and make sure they have the correct alpha-numerical buttons allowed for each user-editable field...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #92
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
My experience with v3.5.1 after one week (MFT no/NAV).

The Good
* Call quality is 1000% better! HFP is actually usable now.
* The system only crashed once this week!

The Bad
* Sometimes I have to manually power the climate system back on after starting the car.
* Sometimes I have to manually power the entertainment system back on after starting the car.
* Voice recognition is worse. Repeat the same command three times in a row to play a specific artist, get three different results.
* Can't answer incoming calls using the button on the steering wheel most of the time. I have to press the button multiple times to get it to answer.
* PAN still doesn't work right. I am pretty sure it's not my phone since I have it working fine with a Raspberry Pi and two Intel based Linux systems in my home lab.

All this after one week and I did a master reset pre and post update. Maybe I should run delayedreboot at least once a day now? The first four issues listed are new.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #93
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
* Voice recognition is worse. Repeat the same command three times in a row to play a specific artist, get three different results.
Sorry to hear that. I know the pain. Going from 2.11 to 3.0.2 completely destroyed my voice commands, unusable for music. 3.5.1 made mine a lot better. Still not as good as 2.11 but way way better than the complete inability to use them I had with 3.0.2.

Still amazes me that while we all are installing the same software into cars with the same hardware the overall result can vary so significantly from person to person.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:35 PM   #94
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Sorry to hear that. I know the pain. Going from 2.11 to 3.0.2 completely destroyed my voice commands, unusable for music. 3.5.1 made mine a lot better. Still not as good as 2.11 but way way better than the complete inability to use them I had with 3.0.2.

Still amazes me that while we all are installing the same software into cars with the same hardware the overall result can vary so significantly from person to person.
Call quality was the main reason I upgraded. It was so bad that the person on the other end really had to strain to hear. A Ford rep called me while I was in the car one day during the Summer and we had to cut the call short because it was so unintelligible.

Voice recognition seems to be having trouble with certain phrases that weren't a problem with v3.02 or v3.2.2.

Now if they could just unbreak some of this stuff the system wouldn't be half bad.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:11 AM   #95
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83765
What I Drive: '13 SG 4dr, Manual

FF Reputation: 2 e30og Good Standing Member
voice control wont work at all anymore

it was flawless before and I routinely was able to enter navi destinations on the first try using voice commands.

now I hit the button and no 'beep' or 'please say a command'. It just says listening with the little icon, nothing works. wtf happened?!
Old 12-27-2012, 07:00 AM   #96
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeFocus View Post
Big indexed libraries of songs on thumb-drives trip up MFT bad.
Pretty pathetic in this day & age, when you stop and really think about it.
I've got 5500+ songs on a 32GB thumb drive and it indexes and builds commands in about two minutes.

It's a PITA, but the key to getting that to work right is to make sure ALL of your MP3's are the same file format, same bitrate, same ID3 tags, etc, etc......
Old 12-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #97
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30og View Post
voice control wont work at all anymore

it was flawless before and I routinely was able to enter navi destinations on the first try using voice commands.

now I hit the button and no 'beep' or 'please say a command'. It just says listening with the little icon, nothing works. wtf happened?!
Sometimes it gets hung up, I guess. Whenever this happened to me, it meant there was about to be a "Performing System Maintenance" screen. I would use the delayedreboot to force it and it would go back to normal.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #98
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104183
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
A few posts back, I reported that 3.5.1 has a bug that auto advances songs on its own (BT streaming on Spotify & Rdio). So in order to listen to music, I toggle off "Bluetooth Audio" and plug my phone into the USB. No problem.

But I noticed last week that my BT Audio screen no longer had the track number and elapse time displayed. So I toggled "Bluetooth Audio" back on and surprisingly, it worked flawlessly!

It worked for about a week and then one day, I get into the car and the track number and elapse time display was back...and so was the track auto advance bug. Damn.

My question is why is this happening? I have not done ANYTHING to the system. No master resets, delayed reboots, anything.
How can MFT change itself, by itself? I'm guessing it has to do with performing its own maintenance. By why does it fix, then break itself on its own?
Old 12-27-2012, 08:47 PM   #99
jjeremyy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87605
What I Drive: 2014 ST

FF Reputation: 1 jjeremyy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
I am experiencing this as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.
I had this issue as well. Deleted Sync from my phone, deleted my phone from the car, paired again and now I'm hearing text messages. I also noticed that the car defaulted itself to not do anything when a message came in.

The only two issues I've noticed are with the climate system and voice commands. The climate system is always off when I turn on the car, and some of the voice commands it seems to be unsure of. I say "call mom" and it shows a list of 5 options. Mom is always #1, but I never had to pick from a list with any previous version including 3.2.2.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:59 AM   #100
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83765
What I Drive: '13 SG 4dr, Manual

FF Reputation: 2 e30og Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Sometimes it gets hung up, I guess. Whenever this happened to me, it meant there was about to be a "Performing System Maintenance" screen. I would use the delayedreboot to force it and it would go back to normal.
pulling the fuse worked lol. Then it hung up in the middle of DC while I had no clue where I was! pulled over for a few restarts, fiddled with GPS card, then all was well (except it did a system maintenance or something once we arrived, had a big progress bar)

Bookmarks & Social Networks