2013 ST vs. 2013 GTI. Fight for the Hot Hatch King Title. - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-22-2012, 03:35 PM   #11
Focus YBTC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97107
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Focus YBTC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
Yeah, well it didn't get into the same specs as C&D did with their GTI/ST comparo. What impressed me the most was the .93g that the ST returned on the skidpad. That really says something for Ford's drive electronics that are supposed to emulate an LSD.

I disagree with the comment that torque steer can't be eliminated from FWDs. The Macpherson strut suspension is most to blame for it. Both Ford and GM had redesigned front suspensions to limit torque steer, but it was determined to be too expensive for production cars. We'll see what the RS has, but with a Revo-knuckle and electronic torque control- I bet torque steer can be decreased to nearly nothing.

GM's HiPer Strut which is similar to the Ford Revoknuckle is already in production in a few GM cars including the Buick Regal GS, Buick LaCrosse CXS and 2013 Cadillac XTS. I'm not aware of any Ford production cars sporting the RevoKnuckle suspension system yet but I agree it would be great, it's supposed to go a long way toward reducing FWD torque steer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #12
FocusSTHopeful
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85667
What I Drive: 2008 silver g35x

FF Reputation: 1 FocusSTHopeful Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I drive a 2012 GTI

i test drove a focus st

its really not a hard "problem" or even a long discussion- The ST is faster, Feels more fun to drive, and the recaros are great and snug. the gti has a nicer interior, better steering wheel, and more cargo space.

the end.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:31 PM   #13
Dung1sm
Atx PZEV FTW!

Fan#: 52323
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ZX4

FF Reputation: 4 Dung1sm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
looking forward to an ST someday...
So Cal Crew#43
Sedan Revolution #130

Moderator for: