Some New Issues - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-05-2012, 09:44 AM   #21
TCOC rel1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105626
What I Drive: 2013 Black DCT SE

FF Reputation: 0 TCOC rel1 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04SVTF303 View Post
So the laundry list of things going wrong with this car is growing. I've got about 11k miles on it know, and this is what I've encountered.

-Both Key fobs intermittently will not lock or unlock the car.

-Radio will not shut off after key is out and doors are opened. Have to turn the car on/off, pull key out, open doors multiple times to get it to power off.

-Rear park aid indicator stays on, even when cruising down the highway. See pic below.

-DCT grinding is getting progressively louder and shifts are getting sloppier.

-Water comes through tweeter on both driver and passenger front doors

-AC fan speeds fluctuate

-Numerous dash & door rattles

-MFT detects the phone every time I get in, however I have to cycle through multiple times to get it to play music via bluetooth. Often drops bluetooth and goes to radio at increased volume.

-Random weekly MFT resets

All of this and a new door ding on a 6 month old vehicle.
I wanna say that this is covered under some 1990's law pertaining to pontiacs doing the same thing, and its and auto lemon in that case, ask a free shark...

Side note, I heard we were supposed to leave trip 1 un-reset from the factory, and only reset trip 2 to aid in resale value, actual MPG from factory is actual :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #22
unclebrud
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85754
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus S (Ingot Silver)

FF Reputation: 1 unclebrud Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCFocus12 View Post
After 2 decades of VW, Lexus and Mercedes, I do see build quality issues on this Ford that have thus far been foreign to me in new car ownership. I like the little thing, think the Ford-Euro genes provide a terrific design, but I suspect bloated UAW labor and American union work ethic have something to do with it. I sure hope not.
Agreed. Who would have thought that you would have to inspect for panel alignment before taking delivery, for example? I would love to get a look at a German-spec model...I'll bet they are much better put together. Watch a video of the Wayne factory vs. VW Wolfsburg to illustrate your point above. I would prefer to buy American (and I believe that there are many hard working people out there), but not if the product is not well-made.

That said, I have no rattles...the majority of trouble (besides panel gaps/alignment) has to do with fair-to-poor part quality (dash replaced, steering gear, driver's seat cover). The Focus is a nice design, but it is seriously outclassed by the VW Golf/GTI (especially the new Mk.7). Mk 7, here I come (in Spring '14)
Old 12-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #23
TCOC rel1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105626
What I Drive: 2013 Black DCT SE

FF Reputation: 0 TCOC rel1 Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebrud View Post
Agreed. Who would have thought that you would have to inspect for panel alignment before taking delivery, for example? I would love to get a look at a German-spec model...I'll bet they are much better put together. Watch a video of the Wayne factory vs. VW Wolfsburg to illustrate your point above. I would prefer to buy American (and I believe that there are many hard working people out there), but not if the product is not well-made.

That said, I have no rattles...the majority of trouble (besides panel gaps/alignment) has to do with fair-to-poor part quality (dash replaced, steering gear, driver's seat cover). The Focus is a nice design, but it is seriously outclassed by the VW Golf/GTI (especially the new Mk.7). Mk 7, here I come (in Spring '14)
Best of luck in the future, I however, bleed blue. I have owned a FORD since I was 19 and won't look back... My 2013 focus, and my 2003 Lightning almost pull the same at 2K. best of luck in that VW.....

Oh I was 19 in 1995.....
Old 12-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #24
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by estoyloco View Post
I spoke too spoon couldn't lock my car today...
I wanted to check in with you, estoyloco; are you still having troubles? Drop me a line via PM with your mileage, VIN, dealer info, full name, and phone number and Iíll get you in touch with the CSM for your area.

Quote:
...I've dealt with Crystal once. Had issues escalated to "regional customer service managers" three times.
04SVTF303,

I see you spoke with Bart yesterday. Please donít hesitate to PM me if youíd like my help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCFocus12 View Post
...Either I'll be like the old guy blasting the Pinto by next year, or I'll be saying "buy Ford, not Benz." It's all up to how this thing holds up, and perhaps as important, how proactive Ford is in addressing my issues and making them right...
NCFocus12,

Itís important to me that you remain a loyal Ford fan. PM me with the above details and Iíll assist you with your issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconZombie View Post
...I would definitely escalate the problem...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Tom View Post
...I'd take Crystal from FOMOCO up on her offer and let her escalate the issue to a regional representative who can help you get everything sorted out...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
Have you done a master reset on MFT since they updated it? If not you should, it has seemed to clear up many issues(with MFT) after the update...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
...see if you can nicely persuade the service manager to have one of the technicians drive your car back and forth to work for a couple days...
I appreciate everyone taking the time to post their advice; itís great to see all the support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebrud View Post
That said, I have no rattles...the majority of trouble (besides panel gaps/alignment) has to do with fair-to-poor part quality (dash replaced, steering gear, driver's seat cover)...
unclebrud,

Iím making sure youíre happy with your ride; have all your concerns have been taken care of by the dealer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCOC rel1 View Post
Best of luck in the future, I however, bleed blue. I have owned a FORD since I was 19 and won't look back...
Show off your Ford love with this badge, TCOC rel1:

http://social.ford.com/grab-a-badge/I+%3C3+Ford

Cory

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 12-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #25
04SVTF303
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98899
What I Drive: 2012 POS

FF Reputation: 1 04SVTF303 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
04SVTF303,

I see you spoke with Bart yesterday. Please donít hesitate to PM me if youíd like my help.
I'm done playing the game. I'll deal with the car until I get it paid low enough to trade off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Show off your Ford love with this badge, TCOC rel1:

http://social.ford.com/grab-a-badge/I+%3C3+Ford

Yeah right. I've been a die hard Ford fan since I was 16. Next car sure as shit isnt gonna be a Ford.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #26
04SVTF303
Focus Enthusiast

Oh, and I haven't been able to lock my car all day!
Old 12-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #27
Seriously Focused
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101141
What I Drive: 2012 SGM SE Sport 5 Dr

FF Reputation: 1 Seriously Focused Good Standing Member
Quote:
So the laundry list of things going wrong with this car is growing. I've got about 11k miles on it know, and this is what I've encountered.

-Both Key fobs intermittently will not lock or unlock the car.

-Radio will not shut off after key is out and doors are opened. Have to turn the car on/off, pull key out, open doors multiple times to get it to power off.

-Rear park aid indicator stays on, even when cruising down the highway. See pic below.

-DCT grinding is getting progressively louder and shifts are getting sloppier.

-Water comes through tweeter on both driver and passenger front doors

-AC fan speeds fluctuate

-Numerous dash & door rattles

-MFT detects the phone every time I get in, however I have to cycle through multiple times to get it to play music via bluetooth. Often drops bluetooth and goes to radio at increased volume.

-Random weekly MFT resets

All of this and a new door ding on a 6 month old vehicle.
What is your build date ? I have had mine for 6 months and have 8200 miles on it with none of your issues. Weird..........
Old 12-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #28
04SVTF303
Focus Enthusiast

Early Feb. 2012.

This morning the car started honking like I hit the panic button on the keyfob...while I was driving out of my apartment complex. 3 minutes of driving down the road before it stopped. My neighbors love me.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #29
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
...Yeah right. I've been a die hard Ford fan since I was 16...
I really want to keep you as a loyal Ford customer, 04SVTF303. I sent you a follow-up PM.

Cory

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 12-08-2012, 10:49 PM   #30
michaelwb
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 105890
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 michaelwb Good Standing Member
The trouble with new cars, it seems, is that problems are either software related or design/engineering related. The days of taking it to the dealer to replace a faulty part are over, if the manufacturer doesn't already have a solution on hand.

I'm glad I missed out on intelligent access, MFT, parking sensors, DCT, or auto AC. That said, those are all technologies that have been out for years, and it's inexcusable that Ford hasn't figured them out yet on the Focus.

Bookmarks & Social Networks