C&D Blog - New Focus RS Possible... Speculation on U.S. - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-21-2012, 07:14 AM   #11
Jdog913

Fan#: 84424
What I Drive: .

FF Reputation: 3 Jdog913 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Really? Know it all people drive me nuts! Try working in the industry and you might actually know something.

The focus, c-max, escape and some "other" vehicles (Not yet released.... well to the public that is) are built on the C1 platform. It is also shared with some Volvo vehicles. All C segment cars are built on the same platform but the architecture can vary greatly!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #12
jinstall
Deutsche Arsche

Fan#: 9730
What I Drive: 01 ZX3RACECAR/04 ST170/13 FST2

FF Reputation: 4 jinstall Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog913 View Post
Really? Know it all people drive me nuts! Try working in the industry and you might actually know something.

The focus, c-max, escape and some "other" vehicles (Not yet released.... well to the public that is) are built on the C1 platform. It is also shared with some Volvo vehicles. All C segment cars are built on the same platform but the architecture can vary greatly!
Old news. BTW do not forget Mazda is tied to the C1 as well ;) I am tied in with the industry, have been since 1998.

Yes I am very aware on how the C platform works across the board GLOBALY. I know enough to have private conversations with Ford engineers at international car shows. I am tied in very well with Team RS. I have been doing this long enough to take small pieces of the puzzle and make a big picture with them. I even came close to buying a C170 RS twice but backed out of the deal due to me relocating back to the US.

My information has been spot on for more than 10 years now, thats why I get asked by 2 major Focus Forums on what all I have heard.

BTW my contacts do not end with Ford, I have made friends with VW, Audi, Porsche and GM/Opel. I have even had dinner with Mr. Welburn, the man behind the Camaro returning to production, nice Italian place in Russelsheim, back in 1999.

So yes, I am a "know it all" for good reason. But we can take this to PM's and dicuss this further.
2013 Focus ST2 TS NAV SUNROOF-Hers
Old 11-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #13
Borski
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100013
What I Drive: 2012 Focus - Black - SE

FF Reputation: 1 Borski Good Standing Member
Totally did not intend for this to turn into a pissing match
Old 11-21-2012, 02:04 PM   #14
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
The internet is one big pissing match. Always has been, always will be.
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #15
jinstall
Deutsche Arsche

Not sure who is in a pissing match. It is not me.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #16
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
Yeah because talking about your many years of experience and decade of accuracy with your binders full of engineer contacts is a prime example of you playing the humble card.
/sarcasm

I mean, good for you, man. I genuinely believe you when you talk about the RS and other topics, but writing a novel about yourself and who you're connected to isn't necessary and is definitely to be recognized as participating in a pissing contest.
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #17
Focus YBTC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97107
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Focus YBTC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinstall View Post
You sit hear preaching about Ford Focus production and you have no idea what Saaurlous is? I think you need to study the history of the Ford Focus a little better. Yes, have connections at Ford like this since 2000. I predicted Ford's product line since 2002 at an average 1.000. Anyone that knows me can tell you I do have these connections.
I wasn't aware I was "preaching" about Ford production and I do not work in the auto industry. I therefore don't think too much about your supposed Ford "connections". Since no German Ford plant has exported a car to the USA since the Mercury Capri in the 1970s or the Merkurs of the 1980s (that I'm aware of) they're just not very relevant to me. Given the financial performance of Ford Europe lately you probably shouldn't be crowing too much about the sad state of affairs there either. It's a new world in the global auto business though, you may be too close to the trees to see the forest. Be prepared for your batting average to drop in coming years as the Ford global one car vision bears more and more delicious fruit like the RS.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #18
jinstall
Deutsche Arsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
Yeah because talking about your many years of experience and decade of accuracy with your binders full of engineer contacts is a prime example of you playing the humble card.
/sarcasm

I mean, good for you, man. I genuinely believe you when you talk about the RS and other topics, but writing a novel about yourself and who you're connected to isn't necessary and is definitely to be recognized as participating in a pissing contest.
Novel? Hardly.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #19
jinstall
Deutsche Arsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus YBTC View Post
I wasn't aware I was "preaching" about Ford production and I do not work in the auto industry. I therefore don't think too much about your supposed Ford "connections". Since no German Ford plant has exported a car to the USA since the Mercury Capri in the 1970s or the Merkurs of the 1980s (that I'm aware of) they're just not very relevant to me. Given the financial performance of Ford Europe lately you probably shouldn't be crowing too much about the sad state of affairs there either. It's a new world in the global auto business though, you may be too close to the trees to see the forest. Be prepared for your batting average to drop in coming years as the Ford global one car vision bears more and more delicious fruit like the RS.
Have a look at the Ford global finances, and see where the money comes from. Tooling is all done in Europe and brought over to the US. Saarlouis was the tooling for the Focus, Köln for the Fiesta, all tried out in production and packaged up and then sent to the US or Mexico. The first 4 US spec Foci were built in Saarlouis. All transit connects see built in Turkey and shipped to the US. The main money maker for Ford Global was, is and probably will always be the F150.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #20
Focus YBTC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97107
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Focus YBTC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinstall View Post
Have a look at the Ford global finances, and see where the money comes from. Tooling is all done in Europe and brought over to the US. Saarlouis was the tooling for the Focus, Köln for the Fiesta, all tried out in production and packaged up and then sent to the US or Mexico. The first 4 US spec Foci were built in Saarlouis. All transit connects see built in Turkey and shipped to the US. The main money maker for Ford Global was, is and probably will always be the F150.
I appreciate Ford Germany doing the hard work on these global cars, now use your influence to tell them to drop their beer steins and get back to work on an RS for the USA.

The F-150 is a big seller for a good reason, it's a very fine product. Especially the newer ones with the EcoBoost V-6 engines. My work truck is a 2006 F-150 with 80000 miles, it's never had a major problem and it drives like brand new.

Bookmarks & Social Networks