Ford Buy Back! - Page 5 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #41
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12_T_Hatch View Post
Well the CSM called me shortly after I read the above message from Crystal. After getting some history on the car (and a few jokes about how I need to drive the car more) she asked me to bring it into the Ford dealership here in Ocala. She was very accommodating to my crazy work schedule, offering to let me drop the vehicle off on Friday; since bringing it to the dealership Monday morning guarantees I will be late for work.
I will let you guys and gals know what the prognosis is next week. Oh and shout out to Crystal with Ford Customer Service. She did a great job getting my problem escalated to the right people. I highly recommend PM'ing her if you have any issues and letting her work her magic behind the scenes!!
I realize I've said this exact thing in multiple topics (including this one), but don't think this means your case is going anywhere. I went through the same process and the regional manager just stopped taking calls after a few weeks. She set up some appointments at the good dealerships in the area and every one said the same stuff ("something is obviously wrong but it's throwing no codes, so there's nothing we can do"). The regional manager even said, "There's nothing I can do to force the dealerships to actually work on the car".

She said that since they're independent contractors, Ford can't make them do anything at all. If the dealership says they can't work on it because it throws no codes, I have to live with it.

After a few dealership visits and nothing getting done, I rated her low on the "after-call review". That was the last time I heard from her or was able to contact her. She hasn't picked up the phone since (that was months ago). The reason I rated her low? She set up a conference call with an engineer, then called that day and said "the engineer said there's no reason to talk to you about this and that your car is operating the way it should". How the heck could an engineer know my car was operating the way it should without even knowing anything about my car?

Point being: Don't get your hopes up. Ford has become a company of appeasers that do nothing but talk. Notice that *very* few people on this forum have actually had great experiences with dealerships fixing problems. There are maybe 10 out of the 100 people that have issues. That's a horrible ratio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #42
GoldenHour
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103427
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black ST

FF Reputation: 3 GoldenHour Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriously Focused View Post
After your personal experience, it is shocking that you would buy another Ford. If my Focus had that many problems, I would be heading to the nearest Toyota dealer !
me too, but my last five vehicles were toyotas! i took a big chance i felt by buying a ford but so far the focus has exceeded my expectations and not just by a little.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #43
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,833, Level 32
Points: 2,833, Level: 32 Points: 2,833, Level: 32 Points: 2,833, Level: 32
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Haha, after this experience, I don't think I'll ever buy a new car (from any company) ever again.

I'm just too afraid to break things that are under warranty. If this were a 1992 Festiva or something, you better believe I'd have every panel of this car taken off trying to find each individual rattle - because if I were to break something on that car, big whoop - the entire car only cost me $700. lol

But a $26k car... I just can't.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #44
jellybean
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93883
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium

FF Reputation: 0 jellybean Newbie
same here...got case number, back and forth with Dealer.....CSM stopped calling.....I am not even sure if they closed out my case. Resolution....NONE
Old 11-22-2012, 05:53 PM   #45
12_T_Hatch
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87898
What I Drive: 12, White Platinum Metallic, Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 12_T_Hatch Good Standing Member
That may very well be (that ford does nothing) however right now the customer service experience has been legit. As I stated earlier in my post, I WILL pursue all legal options should interaction...
Old 11-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #46
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Fan#: 69510
What I Drive: 97 Impreza coupe, 04 Mazda6

Points 30,673, Level 100
Points: 30,673, Level: 100 Points: 30,673, Level: 100 Points: 30,673, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 13 TheGlassMaker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Well see ford knew about the spi valve drop and nothing was done. No recalls and no buy backs. If there was, then where is my percentage? Ford dealers can careless as well. I'm not even going to get into my story with them. Needless to say I own a paperweight before and after the engine swap. I bet you can still drive yours.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:39 AM   #47
Shorty Long
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 68979
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium, Kona Blue

Points 1,968, Level 26
Points: 1,968, Level: 26 Points: 1,968, Level: 26 Points: 1,968, Level: 26
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 Shorty Long Good Standing Member
while ford seems to still be working on getting a fix for the transmission (and the clunking suspension), it looks like they have already perfected the "runaround" for its customers.

Has anyone around here actually experienced positive results from working with the Ford reps on this board and the CSMs they hook you up with?
Old 11-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #48
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98516
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty Long View Post
Has anyone around here actually experienced positive results from working with the Ford reps on this board and the CSMs they hook you up with?
Unfortunately ... it seems that Ford reps here and the CSM's they 'hook you up with' are on different pages. Here .... it seems like they're all for action ... but THERE (the CSM's) .... they're all about lip service and appeasement with very few successful resolutions ... and finally they just ignore you.

I think the only resolution left here is either legal action, BBB action, or NHTSA action. Clearly Ford has no intention of solving these problems.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again .... Ford's engineers can't fix a simple suspension noise in over a year and a half .... REALLY ????

The only explanation for that is that they're not TRYING to fix it ....

It's no wonder these things have no trade-in value .... the industry KNOWS about all the issues and problems, and Ford's total lack of commitment to fixing them.

REV
Old 11-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #49
fordblue
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97078
What I Drive: used to drive 2012 focus w/dct

FF Reputation: 1 fordblue Good Standing Member
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
I must be missing something...

There are many people here that have no problems with their transmissions -or- did have problems and have had all of their issues resolved. We know that the transmission is capable of working well and we know that it can be fixed properly when it isn't.

If you are unable to get your car repaired properly, why would you want another Ford? That is absurd.

Cars break. Service is important.

Propoganda, possibly from another manufacturer. Ford has outfitted a local rental facility nearby. If they was that bad..........It wouldnt have opened.
And by the way Ive seen a few US government cars around that are Focus with the DCT.......Im skectipal if these negetive posts are simply propaganda.

No dis respect intended to the OP.........

As you say ever since the tsb.It works great.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:40 AM   #50
JimsFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99994
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Cruze,1966 Mustang

Points 42, Level 1
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 JimsFocus Good Standing Member
I was at the dealer (not a Ford dealer) where I traded in my 2012 Focus four months ago. While waiting for an oil change, I saw my Focus sitting in their parking area. I found my salesman and asked about my Focus and was surprised (maybe not) what he told me. My Focus was on their lot for 2 1/2 months and they couldn't sell it. ( a little info: no problems with my Focus except the grinding trans. 2350 miles). So, they worked a deal with the nearby rental facility (Enterprise) and sold the car to them and it's used as a loaner. He said mine was the third 2012 Focus that Enterprise took.

Bookmarks & Social Networks