Ford Buy Back! - Page 13 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #121
Nevin W
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98043
What I Drive: 1994 Chevy S10 4x4

Points 1,524, Level 22
Points: 1,524, Level: 22 Points: 1,524, Level: 22 Points: 1,524, Level: 22
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 Nevin W Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I don't understand people like you. Sure you are mad, but never will a car go up in value or stay at par with when you bought it. Does not matter if it is a VW, Honda, Ford or BMW. Hell, they all plummet in value as soon as you drive it of the lot. Everyone knows that you lose most of the cars value in the first 4 years of owning it. Buying new is simply not a good investment. On top of that, even without the issues the focus would not retain its value. It is largely bought by people around North America. And then people use the "if I had bought a Honda or Volkswagen it would have been worth more" and yes, it would have but that comes at a cost of paying way more for one. So it may be worth more but it will still have lost its value. And whenever it seems a company like Ford has a hiccup people scream about it. But you know, Honda had a huge hiccup with the Civic transmission in the 2002 - 2005 era. It would blow out at like 150,000 km. People seem to just pass over the fact that it happened because, oh its a Honda, this is the only issue I have ever had so therefore it is still super reliable... You bought the car, you should have known full well that it would not retain its value. Rant over.

Nevin
PNW Crew #45
1994 Chevy S10 4x4 w/ 4.3 Vortec
2002 Sonic Blue Focus SVT Supercharged - SOLD
2002 Liquid Grey Metallic Wagon - SOLD
Nevin
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #122
Nevin W
Focus Addict

Points 1,524, Level 22
Level Up 24% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
I'm sorry REV, but all I hear you do is bitch on this forum, never have I heard you say a good thing about the focus. As angry and narrow minded as it sounds I hope you get into a Camry because then we won't need to hear you do nothing but complain...

Nevin
PNW Crew #45
Nevin
Old 12-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #123
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevin W View Post
I don't understand people like you. Sure you are mad, but never will a car go up in value or stay at par with when you bought it. Does not matter if it is a VW, Honda, Ford or BMW. Hell, they all plummet in value as soon as you drive it of the lot. Everyone knows that you lose most of the cars value in the first 4 years of owning it. Buying new is simply not a good investment. On top of that, even without the issues the focus would not retain its value. It is largely bought by people around North America. And then people use the "if I had bought a Honda or Volkswagen it would have been worth more" and yes, it would have but that comes at a cost of paying way more for one. So it may be worth more but it will still have lost its value. And whenever it seems a company like Ford has a hiccup people scream about it. But you know, Honda had a huge hiccup with the Civic transmission in the 2002 - 2005 era. It would blow out at like 150,000 km. People seem to just pass over the fact that it happened because, oh its a Honda, this is the only issue I have ever had so therefore it is still super reliable... You bought the car, you should have known full well that it would not retain its value. Rant over.

Nevin

The problem is that not only did the value of the focus drop like a rock, it also has SIGNIFICANT problems, not "hiccups". You are saying how Honda had an issue with transmissions failing at roughly 90-100k miles, welp the DCT is failing at 10,000 MILES. That is significantly worse eh?

Cars that are only a year and a half old already need new clutches....and depending what dealerships you go to for service, in some situations as reported by other members, they try to say the condition is NORMAL until you beat them over the head with proof of pictures of leaking seals and bringing them the TSB YOURSELF for them to agree to repair.

I would be content if Ford just admitted to the public there is an issue with the DCT and were willing to extend the warranty on the transmission. Also to make dealers aware that this is a major issue which they may see, and to not try to brush it off as NORMAL OPERATION.

I personally would not care if the value dropped dramatically - if the car operated correctly. I planned to keep this car until the wheels fell off...Now I am planning on trading it in as soon as my extended warranty expires.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #124
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

Points 2,932, Level 33
Points: 2,932, Level: 33 Points: 2,932, Level: 33 Points: 2,932, Level: 33
Level Up 22% Completed
Level up: 22% Level up: 22% Level up: 22%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 12 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfocused1 View Post
To my current understanding, Ford has done no-cost replacements of affected transmission components... and only with certain noises is the "it's normal" has been said. Time will ultimately tell, but the best customer service and retaining customers does come from post-purchase treatment. My dealer's been very good, but my dealer isn't an extension of the main Corporate office, and some dealers can be better than others. :(

The '12 model is a good solid car, save for these weird transmission noises. (Mine still performs very smoothly, with only "the noise" occurring after the car's been running. But that doesn't mean there aren't problems developing or that others don't have the problems, or that others don't have problem-free experiences...)

But your sentiment is definitely agreed, and shared by most people who've sat through "Ethics" classes...
Many of the oiled clutch symptoms (shuddering, slipping, etc.) have also been declared "normal" or something that would go away by some dealers, including mine. While it's easy to blame the dealer, Ford could do a much better job telling them what was acceptable.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #125
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 Focus Wagon; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 27,572, Level 98
Points: 27,572, Level: 98 Points: 27,572, Level: 98 Points: 27,572, Level: 98
Level Up 23% Completed
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
With all those problems and the Ford Focus is still the number one selling car in the world.

Ford sells 2M Cars in USA

Have fun in your Camry

2012 Camry, Prius Gets Poor Rating from IIHS in new test

Also, really, unless you've used the site resources here- our Ford Customer Service Rep- to no avail. Then there should be no complaining on this site. It serves no purpose except to annoy other people. What does that say about someone whose sole purpose in life is to make other people miserable? That's like a Disney villain sort of life. Why bother?

Certainly no real people actually believe people who make comments like "I just don't want someone else to end up like me" on a car enthusiast site. Perhaps people on this moral vindication for endless complaining should take a little interest in seeing how many people who purchase vehicles are actually also on an online site devoted to said vehicle. It is not a high percentage. You're not reaching the masses this way.

I'm here to help, further your moral cause, and give you a place in the big cog that is the machine of the world. Reduce futility! Now there is a website devoted to complaining, and it even gives instructions about how to complain properly. You are not alone! Many people complain, and there is a right way and a wrong way to do it. Now if you think this is just some joke, then don't follow the link, but it is a real link, and there are real directions for "How to Complain". Good luck!

How to Complain.com

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #126
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

Points 2,932, Level 33
Points: 2,932, Level: 33 Points: 2,932, Level: 33 Points: 2,932, Level: 33
Level Up 22% Completed
Level up: 22% Level up: 22% Level up: 22%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 12 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
With all those problems and the Ford Focus is still the number one selling car in the world.

Ford sells 2M Cars in USA

Have fun in your Camry

2012 Camry, Prius Gets Poor Rating from IIHS in new test
Two things: very few dry-clutch DCTs elsewhere in the world and super-sized incentives here. And we should recognize that things seem to have gotten better with the 2013 model. Doesn't help 2012 owners not feel a little abandoned, though.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #127
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Volt 2014, White Diamond

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
Quote:
...it. Now if you think this is just some joke, then don't follow the link, but it is a real link, and there are real directions for "How to Complain". Good luck!

How to Complain.com
+1000 to this !
---replaced by---
Chevy Volt 2014, White Diamond, Luxury Package, S1, Navigation.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #128
Nevin W
Focus Addict

Points 1,524, Level 22
Level Up 24% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Okay, fair enough, just don't complain about the drop in value. I agree that it is rediculous with the DCT, I have talked to salesmen who say it is normal as well and then I mention the shredded clutches and they fall silent. Anyway, sorry about your car...

Nevin
PNW Crew #45
Nevin
Old 12-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #129
tdo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2591
What I Drive: '13 Focus Sedan TI Performance Blue

Points 375, Level 7
Points: 375, Level: 7 Points: 375, Level: 7 Points: 375, Level: 7
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 tdo Good Standing Member
Quote:
I was going to say that. Don't hit anything too hard!!
Old 12-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #130
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98516
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevin W View Post
I'm sorry REV, but all I hear you do is bitch on this forum, never have I heard you say a good thing about the focus. As angry and narrow minded as it sounds I hope you get into a Camry because then we won't need to hear you do nothing but complain...

Nevin

Keep on drinkin the koolaid ...

REV

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.