Ford Buy Back! - Page 12 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-29-2012, 06:33 PM   #111
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

Points 4,189, Level 41
Points: 4,189, Level: 41 Points: 4,189, Level: 41 Points: 4,189, Level: 41
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 17%
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
FF Reputation: 11 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordblue View Post
Why do you sound like the dealer?.
Ford must fix this tranny or else they can file chapter seven.......cause I do smell a class action suit.
I do not care about ford. I do care about the poor folks who work there.
Put the conventional tranny back in and make us happy, As of right now ..Ford is dead..surely dead.!
And the even harder part of this is " they dont care"
Unbelievable...

You should read my post before replying to it.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #112
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,857, Level 66
Points: 9,857, Level: 66 Points: 9,857, Level: 66 Points: 9,857, Level: 66
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordblue View Post
Why do you sound like the dealer?.
Ford must fix this tranny or else they can file chapter seven.......cause I do smell a class action suit.
I do not care about ford. I do care about the poor folks who work there.
Put the conventional tranny back in and make us happy, As of right now ..Ford is dead..surely dead.!
And the even harder part of this is " they dont care"
I don't want a "traditional/ conventional" automatic transmission. Torque converters make me frown, especially in cars with this level of power/ performance.

If you're so upset you should sell the car while you still can and get something dull and reportedly reliable like a Corolla with a four speed automatic transmission with overdrive.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:42 AM   #113
xf7975
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86353
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 xf7975 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint View Post
Again I'll ask the question - what's the bottom line on this issue - will the grinding ruin the transmission at some point?, has this occurred?, what's the cost of a "clutch job" after warrenty expiration. My TI had the grinding steadily worse for a year at which time I had the clutches replaced - so far so good after 2 momths on new clutches (totally smooth shifting with no milage loss).

Realistically Ford is not going to buy everyone's car back and I don't know about replacing transmisions with regular ones(sounds unlikely). What might occur is for Ford to extend trans warrenties to 7 or 10 yrs - '"Focusing" our attention on that might return some benefit.

Note to Ford customer service: Thought it's nice to see you logging info on this issue - I think by now Ford has more than enough to go on and customers expect some solid info on how Ford will proceed in relation to it.
FYI: My dealership said the clutch/real seal replacement would have cost me $900 if it was not under warranty.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:10 AM   #114
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

Points 2,925, Level 33
Points: 2,925, Level: 33 Points: 2,925, Level: 33 Points: 2,925, Level: 33
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 12 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint View Post
Again I'll ask the question - what's the bottom line on this issue - will the grinding ruin the transmission at some point?, has this occurred?, what's the cost of a "clutch job" after warrenty expiration. My TI had the grinding steadily worse for a year at which time I had the clutches replaced - so far so good after 2 momths on new clutches (totally smooth shifting with no milage loss).

Realistically Ford is not going to buy everyone's car back and I don't know about replacing transmisions with regular ones(sounds unlikely). What might occur is for Ford to extend trans warrenties to 7 or 10 yrs - '"Focusing" our attention on that might return some benefit.

Note to Ford customer service: Thought it's nice to see you logging info on this issue - I think by now Ford has more than enough to go on and customers expect some solid info on how Ford will proceed in relation to it.
While we can't see the whole picture here, it sure seems like there has been a pretty high incidence of oil-contaminated clutches; enough to suggest there is an systemic problem in either parts or assembly. This could be a safety issue in some circumstances. Some owners may not even know they have a problem, what with being reassured by the dealer that pretty much any DCT behavior is "normal".

It seems to me that the minimum Ford should do is a voluntary recall to inspect clutch plates for oil contamination. I gather this can be done in a relatively non-invasive way by removing the starter motor. Any oiled clutches and seals would then be replaced. This would be accompanied by an extended warranty on the clutches and seals - 10 years, 100,000 miles seems about right.

Ford has been rope-a-doping on this issue for over a year now. Surely they can do better. Their reputation for high quality is being trashed and, while Focuses are selling well, they are only doing so with the highest incentives by far in their class. My Focus behaves OK (for now at least), but I sure can't see myself buying another Ford: it's one thing to produce a car with problems, but denying the problems exist and not doing everything to help owners is much worse.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #115
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

Points 4,189, Level 41
Points: 4,189, Level: 41 Points: 4,189, Level: 41 Points: 4,189, Level: 41
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 17%
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
FF Reputation: 11 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
While we can't see the whole picture here, it sure seems like there has been a pretty high incidence of oil-contaminated clutches; enough to suggest there is an systemic problem in either parts or assembly.
???

There is a TSB for this issue that was released more than 1 year ago.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #116
gostinger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44867
What I Drive: 2013 SE Black Pack Loaded 5 Spd MTX

FF Reputation: 1 gostinger Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
???

A TSB? The problem still remains why are they failing? Poor quality parts? Poor assembly ( 2 failures here) ? Poor software programming? Who knows ? Ford doesn't! If I place the paper with the TSB on the dash will everything be OK alongside the paper from Ford indicating what they consider NORMAL will everything be OK? They love customers that will sit on the sidelines while being bichslapped across the face and having their __ kicked every month a payment gets withdrawn and the value of their vehicle plummets....think about it come 5 years or whenever you may sell and it is worth a few bucks if anyone with any knowledge would want to buy it.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #117
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

Points 2,925, Level 33
Points: 2,925, Level: 33 Points: 2,925, Level: 33 Points: 2,925, Level: 33
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 12 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
???

The point was we don't know what % of the DCT population this ailment affects. A different Ford response would be appropriate if the problem cars were 1/2 of 1% of the population versus 10%. Only Ford knows and I don't think they'll be sharing.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:48 PM   #118
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

Points 986, Level 16
Points: 986, Level: 16 Points: 986, Level: 16 Points: 986, Level: 16
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
While we can't see the whole picture here, it sure seems like there has been a pretty high incidence of oil-contaminated clutches; enough to suggest there is an systemic problem in either parts or assembly. This could be a safety issue in some circumstances. Some owners may not even know they have a problem, what with being reassured by the dealer that pretty much any DCT behavior is "normal".

It seems to me that the minimum Ford should do is a voluntary recall to inspect clutch plates for oil contamination. I gather this can be done in a relatively non-invasive way by removing the starter motor. Any oiled clutches and seals would then be replaced. This would be accompanied by an extended warranty on the clutches and seals - 10 years, 100,000 miles seems about right.

Ford has been rope-a-doping on this issue for over a year now. Surely they can do better. Their reputation for high quality is being trashed and, while Focuses are selling well, they are only doing so with the highest incentives by far in their class. My Focus behaves OK (for now at least), but I sure can't see myself buying another Ford: it's one thing to produce a car with problems, but denying the problems exist and not doing everything to help owners is much worse.
To my current understanding, Ford has done no-cost replacements of affected transmission components... and only with certain noises is the "it's normal" has been said. Time will ultimately tell, but the best customer service and retaining customers does come from post-purchase treatment. My dealer's been very good, but my dealer isn't an extension of the main Corporate office, and some dealers can be better than others. :(

The '12 model is a good solid car, save for these weird transmission noises. (Mine still performs very smoothly, with only "the noise" occurring after the car's been running. But that doesn't mean there aren't problems developing or that others don't have the problems, or that others don't have problem-free experiences...)

But your sentiment is definitely agreed, and shared by most people who've sat through "Ethics" classes...
Old 12-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #119
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98516
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfocused1 View Post
To my current understanding, Ford has done no-cost replacements of affected transmission components... and only with certain noises is the "it's normal" has been said. Time will ultimately tell, but the best customer service and retaining customers does come from post-purchase treatment. My dealer's been very good, but my dealer isn't an extension of the main Corporate office, and some dealers can be better than others. :(

The '12 model is a good solid car, save for these weird transmission noises. (Mine still performs very smoothly, with only "the noise" occurring after the car's been running. But that doesn't mean there aren't problems developing or that others don't have the problems, or that others don't have problem-free experiences...)

But your sentiment is definitely agreed, and shared by most people who've sat through "Ethics" classes...
I don;t have the DCT or MFT, but I do have the clunk, and after Belonging to this forum and having the seemingly unsolveable clunk. I can definitely say I am done with Ford forever. This is the first domestic for me in 12 years, and I can definitely say .... never again.

Ford has no idea how much damage they are doing with their crappy customer service.

I'm gonna try to work a deal on a Camry SE tommorrow. I don't trust my Focus OR Ford ....

REV
Old 12-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #120
Miller88
Focus Addict

Fan#: 73790
What I Drive: 2011 Focus SE 5 Speed

Points 1,658, Level 23
Points: 1,658, Level: 23 Points: 1,658, Level: 23 Points: 1,658, Level: 23
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 5 Miller88 Good Standing Member
Every manufacturer has their problems.

In 2001 my family bought a Wrangler. That design of Wrangler had been out since 1997 ... a COMPLETE lemon. It had to go back to the dealer every month and have the computer programmed, otherwise it would just keep running more and more rich to the point that it wouldn't run. Probably had 30 sets of spark plugs in the 3 years we had it, 3 or 4 radiators ... just loads of problems.

Their 04 was perfect, their 08 was just as bad.

They bought a 13 Escape off the lot to replace it, I'd be interested in seeing what problems they are going to have with a first model year.

Ford really started to get their act together in the last few years ... I'm kind of bummed to see them starting to have problems again.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.