Ford Focus 2007 Central Door Locking Problem - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-19-2012, 03:01 AM   #1
MuseEngland
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106407
What I Drive: 2007 Black 1.8 TDCi Focus Sport

FF Reputation: 1 MuseEngland Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ford Focus 2007 Central Door Locking Problem

Hi Everyone

I have a Ford Focus 2007 1.8TDCi and have the following problem:

I got out of the car one day and (out of habit) tried to dead lock the car using the remote control. Only problem is that my friend was still in the car and she was trying to open the passenger side door at EXACTLY the same time as i was locking the car. Needless to say, she could not get out. The little locking lever on the inside of the passenger door was stuck in the locked position. The remote opened all other doors but not that one.

If i sit in the car and try to lock all the doors using the lock button on the drivers side door, no doors lock.

When i unlock the driver side door (from the inside) using the small lever on the drivers side door, all the doors make a clicking sound as if unlocking (but they never locked in the first place).

If i sit in the car and press the remote control to unlock the doors whilst at the same time, pulling slightly on the little locking lever on the passenger side door, i can feel it give and the passenger side door unlocks and can be opened.

If i then lock the car normally using the remote, ALL doors lock including the passenger side front one.

So the problem is:

1. Front passenger side door won't unlock with remote or manually unless i use the method described above.

2. Central locking of all doors from the drivers side door no longer works.

I am guess that the cable or plastic holding the cable near the locking mechanism is damaged....

Any ideas anyone ?

BTW, I did take it to Ford who said it would cost 75 +VAT per hour to check it over and they might damage the panel getting it off ! Luckily I took off the panel after I found out how to unlock the door manually.

Also, whilst I am here... the unlock button on the remote almost always needs pressing a few times before the car unlocks. All other buttons on the remote work fine first time. Any fixes for this would also be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Bookmarks & Social Networks