Horn -It stopped working - fuses and relay good - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
2003focusowner
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 51939
What I Drive: 2003 Focus SE SPI

FF Reputation: 2 2003focusowner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Horn -It stopped working - fuses and relay good

so the horn on my 2003 sedan stopped working....fuses are good and I can hear the horn relay clcik when I press the horn button........took the horn off and tested it.......thats good as well.......not sure what is going on.....anyone had this happen to them before.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 10:01 PM   #2
BC_ZX3
DTC P0606

Fan#: 48751
What I Drive: 2001 Red ZX3 Turbo

FF Reputation: 86 BC_ZX3 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Since you've checked all the system components, it's got to be the wiring.
Check you're getting 12V at the horn wire connector when the button is depressed. Check the horn grounding wire at the horn. Clean any electrical connectors in the circuit and the horn chassis ground.

If that fails, you're looking for a wiring break in the orange/blue (12V power) or black (ground) wire. It's a simple circuit and problems should be self evident.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->