Heated Seat Install How-To - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-11-2014, 07:01 PM   #41
shawn22
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113328
What I Drive: 2012 focus T

FF Reputation: 1 shawn22 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey guys, this definitely seems to be the go to thread for heated seats on the '12 focus.

I'm trying to do an oem install, so I pried up the existing cup holder hoping to find some extra connectors, but no luck. Just one wire for the 12 volt outlet.

Anyone know if there are wires here to tap into? Will I need to buy the leads for the new switches?
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2014, 12:30 PM   #42
shawn22
Focus Rookie

By the way, here's a pic of the new cup holder/seat heater switches... Looks like a couple of 4 pin connectors.

Rockauto has the connectors, and I am guessing these would work... http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,ca...%2B2012%2BFORD

But if anyone can confirm before I buy them..? And would they run from the switches all the way to the passenger compartment fuse panel, specifically fuse 85?

I've never done any automotive wiring before; learning as I go.
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2014, 04:54 PM   #43
SilverPony2001
Focus Addict

Fan#: 27073
What I Drive: 2013 SGM Sedan SE

FF Reputation: 8 SilverPony2001 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn22 View Post
By the way, here's a pic of the new cup holder/seat heater switches... Looks like a couple of 4 pin connectors.

Rockauto has the connectors, and I am guessing these would work... http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,ca...%2B2012%2BFORD

But if anyone can confirm before I buy them..? And would they run from the switches all the way to the passenger compartment fuse panel, specifically fuse 85?

I've never done any automotive wiring before; learning as I go.
If they are like 80% of the other electronics in the car, they could be controlled by the BCM. You could buy all the factory components, wire them up properly, and they still wouldn't work. A lot of people trying to add fog lights found that out the hard way.

Let us know how it goes though, I have that factory switch piece as well and was going to dive into it this summer. If all else fails you could dremel out the factory switches to mount the aftermarket ones and it would look "almost" factory.

EDIT: This whole thread might be of interest to you, it's from another forum. But I'll link to one post. Someone with an ST verified that the wiring under the seat is there, and hot. Not sure if it's the same case with a S or SE.

http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-s...html#post20959
Old 02-12-2014, 08:49 PM   #44
shawn22
Focus Rookie

Interesting. I'll have to look into the BCM, and your right, worst case, use aftermarket in place of factory switches.

So the thread you linked has a picture specifying the pins for the heated seats (for the ST). I'm not sure how he confirmed that, as in our manual, it says fuse 85 is heated seats, as well as the "passenger airbag deactivation indicator" (PADI), and some other things. I don't want to screw up the occupancy detection sensor.

And that electrical connector their showing is the one under the seat, not under the cupholder... I wonder does the power run from the fuse panel to the switches, and then to the seat connectors and pads? Or does it go from the fuse to the seat connectors and pads, with a separate wire back to the switch.?
Old 02-12-2014, 09:13 PM   #45
shawn22
Focus Rookie

Btw, here's the other end of the seat connectors they show in the other post. And the factory heat pad.

So factory heat pad is using two connectors, one green and one blue.

It would be nice to see how someone that has factory installed heated seats' connectors line up...
Attached Images

Old 03-10-2014, 07:59 AM   #46
bproctor
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 140178
What I Drive: 2014 Ingot Silver Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 bproctor Good Standing Member
I just installed heated seats yesterday and everything seemed to go well. I seem to be having a problem with the luggage compartment fuse panel. When the seats didnt power on I went back to double check the fuses and they were good. I then put a multimeter on the fuse panel and never could get a reading. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 03-10-2014, 09:04 AM   #47
bproctor
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 140178
What I Drive: 2014 Ingot Silver Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 bproctor Good Standing Member
Ok I feel stupid, I used one of the add a fuse adapters and didnt realize that I had to put two fuses in it for it to work. I still dont understand why i didn't get a reading on the multimeter though.

Bookmarks & Social Networks