2002 ZTS Engine Blocker heater never used, safe to use?? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-13-2012, 10:03 PM   #1
rodnig1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96558
What I Drive: 2002 grey zts

FF Reputation: 1 rodnig1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2002 ZTS Engine Blocker heater never used, safe to use??

i bought this particular focus off a friend, who was the original owner, who bought it when he lived in Minnesota. He special ordered it with every option(even leather interior)! anyways, i noticed a plug next to the battery the other day, and gave him a call and asked if it was in fact the engine block heater. he said "probably, but i never used it".

my question is, is it safe to use now, or should i leave it alone and not mess with it. We live in upstate NY and get some rough weather around here and would love to take advantage of this.

thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 11:13 PM   #2
dpmeeks
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82112
What I Drive: 2000 Focus SE Zetec

FF Reputation: 3 dpmeeks Good Standing Member
I would say just check it over and make sure all the wiring looks good and give it a try..
Old 11-14-2012, 06:28 AM   #3
JonathanGennick
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105685
What I Drive: 2013 Race Red Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 JonathanGennick Good Standing Member
There is not much to wrong with a block heater. I'd plug it in. They're great to have.

I agree w/dpmeeks about checking the cord first to be sure it's in good condition.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:02 PM   #4
Tymes
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94124
What I Drive: 02 SE SOHC SPI

FF Reputation: 8 Tymes Good Standing Member
^^ That right there. The main isue people have with block heaters not working, is a broken cable. I can take a pic of mine to show you what a broken cable looks like if you really need to see one. :)

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.