2013 engine "click click whir" (engine not running) - Page 22 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #211
jhp1940
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Fan#: 113061
Location: Sun City West, AZ
What I Drive: 2013 Ford White Ford Focus

Posts: 10
FF Reputation: 1 jhp1940 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Crystal - We need help. We want to know if anything is being done and how soon to expect a recall for the click click whir problem as shown in this youtube video. 21 times is rediculous for a piece of machinery to repeatedly "get ready". My Focus will wear out these parts prematurely if this keeps up??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkbGjGX3dyM

Jim Petrell
jhp1940 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-06-2013, 08:55 AM   #212
slybarman
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Fan#: 105425
Location: the not-so-free state, MD
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

Posts: 1,256
FF Reputation: 6 slybarman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Welcome "new member".

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.
__________________
MK3 Focus = a lot of good ideas rather poorly executed.
slybarman is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #213
spektrum2
Focus Enthusiast
 
spektrum2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Fan#: 109690
Location: Peterborough, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 oxford White Hatch SE Sport

Posts: 181
FF Reputation: 1 spektrum2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhp1940 View Post
Crystal - We need help. We want to know if anything is being done and how soon to expect a recall for the click click whir problem as shown in this youtube video. 21 times is rediculous for a piece of machinery to repeatedly "get ready". My Focus will wear out these parts prematurely if this keeps up??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkbGjGX3dyM

Jim Petrell
Geez i'd be flippin! COME ON FORD!! If your sitting back gambling this on this being a small percentage thing,think again!People like me who have no issues with our cars read all these stories as well and my faith takes a little hit everytime.So what if I'm not feeling particularly 'lucky' at trade in time?Thats really what the stakes are.Step up!
__________________
Life is better if your Focused
spektrum2 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #214
rick217
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fan#: 110731
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
What I Drive: FORMERLY a 2013 Focus Titanium

Posts: 86
FF Reputation: 1 rick217 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I don't know what the issue is here. I have a 2013 and with about 2500 miles I have zero issues except the occasional sqeak from the front passsenger seat. I noticed this "whirr-click" the first day I had the car. I went to my dealer and ever 2013 with the automatic did it when either passsenger or driver door was open. Mine will do it all the time when car is cold and will only do it once when I shut the car off after it has been warmed up. I think this whole thing is a non-issue and until you start experiencing issues then buy a set of earplugs or avoid opening either front door unless you absolutley need to.
rick217 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #215
jhp1940
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Fan#: 113061
Location: Sun City West, AZ
What I Drive: 2013 Ford White Ford Focus

Posts: 10
FF Reputation: 1 jhp1940 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
How do I contact the Ford rep Crystal who is supposed to help interact with Ford on our behalf?
jhp1940 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #216
spektrum2
Focus Enthusiast
 
spektrum2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Fan#: 109690
Location: Peterborough, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 oxford White Hatch SE Sport

Posts: 181
FF Reputation: 1 spektrum2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhp1940 View Post
How do I contact the Ford rep Crystal who is supposed to help interact with Ford on our behalf?
Find one of her posts and pm her from there and mention this thread.
__________________
Life is better if your Focused

Last edited by spektrum2; 04-06-2013 at 07:39 PM.
spektrum2 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:11 AM   #217
jhp1940
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Fan#: 113061
Location: Sun City West, AZ
What I Drive: 2013 Ford White Ford Focus

Posts: 10
FF Reputation: 1 jhp1940 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I do not believe that every 2013 ford focus does this 21 times for 3 minutes with the ignition "off" after you open and close a front door. I personally know of 2 that do not do this. Please give us a good reason why this has to repeat exactly the same number of times in 3 minutes. It cannot be because it fails to set up the transmission and finally does on the twenty first try? You would think an engineer would either have the program set up to set the transmission "after" the ignition is turned on? Or if it has to be accomplished before the ignition is turned on, make it do it once. I know when I get into the car I am not going to wait 3 minutes before I turn the key to start the engine. Its just useless to have this sequence to repeat over and over for 3 minutes even after you park, let alone when you open and close the door to get in.
jhp1940 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #218
rick217
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fan#: 110731
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
What I Drive: FORMERLY a 2013 Focus Titanium

Posts: 86
FF Reputation: 1 rick217 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhp1940 View Post
I do not believe that every 2013 ford focus does this 21 times for 3 minutes with the ignition "off" after you open and close a front door. I personally know of 2 that do not do this. Please give us a good reason why this has to repeat exactly the same number of times in 3 minutes. It cannot be because it fails to set up the transmission and finally does on the twenty first try? You would think an engineer would either have the program set up to set the transmission "after" the ignition is turned on? Or if it has to be accomplished before the ignition is turned on, make it do it once. I know when I get into the car I am not going to wait 3 minutes before I turn the key to start the engine. Its just useless to have this sequence to repeat over and over for 3 minutes even after you park, let alone when you open and close the door to get in.
I don't have a reason as I'm not the engineer that designed th tranny. However if you are that concerned about it make some serious enquiries and if you find anything please share it with the group. As for me i don't drive the car everyday and it doesn't bother me so for the time being i just ignore it.
I have about 2 years, 10 months and 32000 miles lft on my warranty and if something happens between now and then i'll just let them take care of it.
rick217 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #219
jhp1940
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Fan#: 113061
Location: Sun City West, AZ
What I Drive: 2013 Ford White Ford Focus

Posts: 10
FF Reputation: 1 jhp1940 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have brought the car in and talked to the service people twice at the dealership. They said they would have to get a recall before they would be able to do anything. As of now there is none to my knowledge. I thought that by getting on this forum I woulld find out more and maybe get some feedback from Ford. My service manager said that he had never ever heard of this problem before. He contacted Ford and showed me a service bulletin that said not to try and repair and that the clicking would last 3 minutes.

Last edited by jhp1940; 04-07-2013 at 10:17 AM. Reason: corrected a misunderstanding
jhp1940 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #220
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88299
Location: Torrance, CA
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

Posts: 3,003
FF Reputation: 10 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhp1940 View Post
I thought that by getting on this forum I woulld find out more and maybe get some feedback from Ford.
The only feedback that you will get is "contact your dealer".



Quote:
Originally Posted by jhp1940 View Post
He contacted Ford and showed me a service bulletin that said not to try and repair and that the clicking would last 3 minutes.
That would suggest that (as far as FoMoCo is concerned) it is not a problem and therefore it is case closed.
Unless you have some compelling evidence that would indicate a potential safety or reliability problem, there is probably nothing that you can do.
__________________
I am Kabigon and I approve this message.
Kabigon is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.