New Ford Fiesta ST news! - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-16-2012, 09:21 PM   #1
FocusSTHopeful
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85667
What I Drive: 2008 silver g35x

FF Reputation: 1 FocusSTHopeful Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
New Ford Fiesta ST news!

Why else would I make a post, if not to comment on the Fiesta ST.

Autoblog leaks ST news from a "source". With the conviction they're giving, I'm saying their source is an insider at Ford.

Ford's Fiesta launched into the US market with a splash thanks to a very well-orchestrated pre-launch PR campaign, but sales haven't proven all that robust over time, with Ford selling just 47,474 examples through October of this year (down 22.6 percent versus 2011).

Ford will be looking to reignite some of that early excitement with a new performance model, the 2014 Fiesta ST, and thanks to some leaked specs made available to Autoblog, we now have a very complete picture of what the tiny terror will look like.

Powered by a 1.6-liter EcoBoost four wearing a single turbocharger, our source says the ST will deliver 180 horsepower and 177 pound-feet of torque, with a temporary overboost mode to extend peak twist. Both figures represent very healthy increases over the standard Fiesta's 1.6-liter Duratec engine, which chips in 120 hp and 112 lb-ft of torque. Like its Focus ST big brother, the new model will feature a so-called "Sound Symposer" to deliver a proper enthusiast's soundtrack. Shifting duties will fall to a six-speed manual, and the front-wheel drive five-door will also feature torque-vectoring technology and a three-mode stability control system for more entertaining handling antics.

The Fiesta ST will ride on a uniquely tuned and lowered sport suspension paired with 17-inch alloys (an inch larger than those available on the lesser Fiestas) wrapped in 205/40R17 Bridgestone Potenza rubber, and braking will be augmented by four-wheel discs with high-performance pads instead of the disc/drum combination on lower models.

Aesthetically, the Fiesta ST will receive a full performance rework, with a gaping trapezoidal grill with a mesh honeycomb insert that's a close kin to that of the Focus ST, along with a body kit said to mirror Ford's World Rally Championship racer (interestingly, Ford has already announced it will exit the series after 2012). Other additions include a rear spoiler, dual chrome exhaust tips and blacked-out headlamp surrounds.

When the hot hatch launches sometime in 2013, it will arrive in the buyer's choice of seven colors: Green Envy Metallic, Molten Orange Metallic, Ingot Silver Metallic, Oxford White, Performance Blue, Race Red or Tuxedo Black Metallic.

Given that Ford debuted the Fiesta ST in concept form at the Los Angeles Auto Show last year, we'd be surprised if the production model didn't surface in the City of Angels later this month. No word yet on pricing or availability, but logic suggests it will need to come in well under the reasonably priced Focus ST, which starts at $23,700.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #2
nightridermz3
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 84944
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ford Focus Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 nightridermz3 Good Standing Member
i just find 1.6 liter engine with turbocharger to be a funny concept. I guess it's more for those who want power when they need it, and gas mileage when they don't.

PS: I WANT THOSE SIDE SKIRTS FOR MY FOCI!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:34 PM   #3
lyonsroar

Fan#: 63166
What I Drive: 2009 Volkswagen GTI

FF Reputation: 31 lyonsroar Great Standing Member
My first volvo had a 1.9 turbo...it's not that much of a stretch. Hell my GTI is only a 2.0 turbo
Old 11-16-2012, 09:50 PM   #4
FocusSTHopeful
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightridermz3 View Post
i just find 1.6 liter engine with turbocharger to be a funny concept. I guess it's more for those who want power when they need it, and gas mileage when they don't.

that is exactly it.

suffer some lag, but have your choice of good fuel eco, or moderate performance
Old 11-16-2012, 09:50 PM   #5
FocusSTHopeful
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyonsroar View Post
My first volvo had a 1.9 turbo...it's not that much of a stretch. Hell my GTI is only a 2.0 turbo
i have a 2012 gti, and if the fiesta ST test drive impresses me, I will have NO PROBLEM thinking of a trade
Old 11-16-2012, 09:51 PM   #6
nightridermz3
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 84944
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ford Focus Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 nightridermz3 Good Standing Member
why not the Focus ST?
Old 11-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #7
FocusSTHopeful
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
why not the Focus ST?
i want something smaller. I ride motorcycles whenever possible, so the small size speaks to me more. To be honest, driving my wife's Mini cooper is just a hoot to me, I LOVE the small size

SO, i want something that can carry groceries, but still put a smile on my face. Why not a small hot hatch ford?

EDIT- and *hopefully*- no Myford Touch + nav!!!!
Old 11-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #8
mjd4277
King of all blacks!!

Fan#: 64900
What I Drive: 2013 Fusion SE,2012 Fiat 500 Abarth

FF Reputation: 7 mjd4277 Good Standing Member
Quote:

My Abarth has a 1.4 liter,so that's living proof that less is more!!!
2003 Nissan Frontier SVE "Trailbreaker"
Team Duratec #241-Bailout Money?!?! WTF is that??
Old 11-17-2012, 09:30 AM   #9
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
It'll be a cool car but too small for me when i live in the land of lifted trucks and the Focus is as small as I go since the Fiesta doesn't feel safe to me when I drove one. Size matters to me.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #10
FocusSTHopeful
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
It'll be a cool car but too small for me when i live in the land of lifted trucks and the Focus is as small as I go since the Fiesta doesn't feel safe to me when I drove one. Size matters to me.
thats why you install a couple of Barret 0.50 cals in the bumper!!!

j/k, i imagine it'd be scary driving a fiesta in a plce where you're surrounded by big trucks

I live in good ol yankee-ville so there are not a ton of giant doozers on the roads

Bookmarks & Social Networks