As most of you are, I am stuck on a focus. - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current)

Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current) The place to chat about the 2.0L EcoBoost engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-09-2014, 07:53 PM   #1
Joshamo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78478
What I Drive: 2004 silver 4 door se

FF Reputation: 1 Joshamo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
As most of you are, I am stuck on a focus.

My focus was my first car, my great grandma helped me pay for it (I got it for basically nothing either way, but thats not the point) and her and I were really close, shared the same birthday (day, not year (; lol ) and every time I would visit her she would ask how it was doing, if I still enjoyed it, ya know, old lady stuff. I remember right before she ended up having to basically stay inside all day I took her for a ride and she was so happy. Anyways, sob story aside, the poor little focus is ready to not be driven so much. I am at around 150k miles and even though she still runs good, there are small things popping up that I just don't have time to fix.. I will probably keep the car ( every so often an engine/tranny combo pops up on craigslist, I could always refresh it) but I am going to have to get something else. My jeep does fine playing in the woods but I can not afford 8 miles per gallon when I live pretty far from work. So.. What would you do? A wrx/possibly an STi OR an ST? I have always wanted a wrx, and my fiance wants me to get a wrx for that reason (she thinks I will regret it other wise.) But really, if you could have either one what would you pick? Try not to pick the ST just cause we are all focus fanatics :p Thanks guys!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2014, 03:21 PM   #2
Executable
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 116921
What I Drive: 2013 Gray Metallic Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Executable Good Standing Member
Honestly, I'd go with a ST. That car is just so much fun to drive around. I've test drove a WRX and thought it was okay. It's a nice, fast car but ultimately it comes down to personal preference. It sounds to me that you would like to floor it but at the same time drive around casually. Go with ST. It's also better on gas.

(Plus you said you have a fiance? Just imagine how much room there is in the back if you want to get some "action" with your fiance. *wink wink*)
Old 05-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #3
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
The WRX if it came down price vs price since the aftermarket is plentiful and the resale, reliability and year round useability is better. Plus the WRX already runs 13s in the 1/4 and just a stage 1 reflash with an Access tuner will jump you up some ponies. Yes, I'm biased.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:17 AM   #4
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 53 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Yea, I like the new st, but you can't deny the new '15 wrx, as scubbie really upgraded the wrx. Just from reading m/t, c&d & r&t & looking at some u-tube vids, looks like the wrx is it. Of course you'd have to drive both of them & then figure it out for your self.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 05-21-2014, 05:54 PM   #5
Svteurobw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 137529
What I Drive: 2004 screaming yellow svt zx3

FF Reputation: 2 Svteurobw Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
There both very good reliable cars I personally bought the new st and love it. It all depends on what your plans are in the future. The Subaru's are horizontal motors and the 100,000 mile service is very pricy. Also if you plan on doing mods in the future I don't know how the st holds up just due to lack of years its been around but I do know the stock wrx motor melts pistons especially the left side cylender by fire wall. But resale is better on subie and there 4wd so better in winter conditions. But it all comes down to what u want. I'd say go drive them both and make a decision on your own.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:10 PM   #6
Joshamo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78478
What I Drive: 2004 silver 4 door se

FF Reputation: 1 Joshamo Good Standing Member
I know what I'll do, I will win the lottery and buy them both! :p I am waiting for a 15 wrx to show up at the dealer here, and then I will test them both back to back.. It's a lot of money either way, I might as well be happy.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:59 PM   #7
ugabuga
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 96365
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 1 ugabuga Good Standing Member
If you want to stick with the Focus ST is good, otherwise there are so many good cars to try from. From experience - Acura TSX, Mazda Miata, Mazda Rx8, Mazdaspeed3, the new scion frs, etc etc.

Bookmarks & Social Networks