How To: Reset TPMS with no learning tool - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack

Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.
Sponsored By:
Tire Rack

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #21
annamal
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 67306
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Focus ST1

FF Reputation: 1 annamal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
This is fantastic! Just put the all-seasons on my ST and now I don't have to worry about idiot lights going off for no reason at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #22
leppylep
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102648
What I Drive: 2012 blue Ford Focus hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 leppylep Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hi guys, been checking out this forum for a few things and seeing winter is on its way im looking at getting a set of winters for my 2012 focus titanium. It has currently 18's on it and for said i should put on 195/65R15's so pricing out tires and such, but im on the fence about bothering to get TPS sensors on my winter set. I love it on my truck so more then likely ill do it. But they want almost 70 a sensor. I normally look on Rockauto for all my parts and they have 7 to chose from ranging from $34 to $56. Has any one ever looked at these? dont have a specific link to the sensors because how they have their catalog set up but if some one could go to rockauto.com and take a look to give me a idea?
Old 10-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #23
CunFFS13
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 117411
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Ford Focus S MT

Points 2,226, Level 28
Points: 2,226, Level: 28 Points: 2,226, Level: 28 Points: 2,226, Level: 28
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%
FF Reputation: 6 CunFFS13 Good Standing Member
What is a "hazard light button"??????
TY FYI
Old 01-08-2014, 04:48 PM   #24
block
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 133889
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue SE 5 speed

Points 119, Level 2
Points: 119, Level: 2 Points: 119, Level: 2 Points: 119, Level: 2
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 1 block Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I think those of you that are NOT getting errors but did not calibrate the sensor might be fooling yourselves. Based on posts, it seems the system requires us to tell it what the pressure the tire is when filled all the way and zero pressure. If you do not do this, it might assume the current pressure is the max pressure (or does it not notice a new sensor has been installed - the car's computer thinks the prior tires are installed?).

Let's assume your winter tire is 20% low when we install it and we leave it that way. Since the car has nothing else to go by, it might assume the tire is filled 100%. If it falls 10% (from already being underinflated by 20%), the "dummy light" won't come on because the car thinks the tire is only 10% low.

The sensor needs to be either an absolute pressure sensor AND be told what the correct pressure is for the tires currently in use, OR we need to tell it (calibration) what the correct pressure is for the tires. Otherwise there's no way the car can know what pressure is "low" for your tires. Since (according to various posts) we need to calibrate them, it seems to me the sensor is likely not absolute.

I have barely done anything with my car yet. i bought it recently and am driving a winter rat (my 99 Contour with V6)). Couldn't pass up $4500 in incentives, $500 coupon/cash form ford, and the dealer knocked off $1640. $6640 total off. A plain SE sedan manual coudl have been purchased for $13k I think. I paid under $16k and had $3k (or slightly more) in options. I paid $16k (new) for my 99 Contour, which other than the sweet/smooth V6 has no options on it.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:16 AM   #25
mishka
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107408
What I Drive: 13' TB SE Sport Sedan DCT 201A pack

Points 2,178, Level 28
Points: 2,178, Level: 28 Points: 2,178, Level: 28 Points: 2,178, Level: 28
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 1 mishka Good Standing Member
hey all. just saw this thread first time. I've yet to read it all, but I got a message saying "train left front tire" i've never seen before. The air pressure was okay. I guess i'll try doing the step by step to train the tires . I'm under warranty... will the dealership do it for me?

thanks
Old 05-16-2014, 06:03 PM   #26
5speedRuby
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 119198
What I Drive: 2013 Ruby Red 5 Speed Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 5speedRuby Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
i find i dont believe this, not so the procedure but i have had 3 sets of wheels and 3 different sets of TPMS sensors of off 3 different types of cars and never once has my focus needed a relearn. i had factory 16" wheels with ford tpms. than switched to 18" aftermarkets with TPMS sensors from an ST. and currently have 19" 2014 ford fusion wheels with the factory fusion TPMS sensors installed and as soon as i switched my wheels all three times the focus automatically relearns itself like its supposed to. never once had a tire light on due to needing a relearn procedure
Hatch Nation #94
Instagram - amu_chodie follow me!
16.8 seconds at 88.9 mph 3rd gear
Old 06-03-2014, 01:05 PM   #27
fixyasometea
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86919
What I Drive: Grey ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 fixyasometea Good Standing Member
Hello thought I'd let you guys know titantpms.com carries pretty much every make and model tpms. I have all the relearns. I'm a agent for them email me with any questions! Andrewtitantpms@gmail.com.

Bookmarks & Social Networks