Complete Work Order that fixed my DCT problems in my 2012 - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #11
cbdallas
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100296
What I Drive: 2014 Titanium 5-speed

FF Reputation: 2 cbdallas Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Cool....you're getting the next-gen Focus!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 09:24 AM   #12
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseE1981 View Post
Well, assuming that's what mine is as well, mine was built in Aug/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisS197 View Post
Awesome my build date is

11-06-17
So June 2011 and Aug 2011 build dates with issues and I am in the middle with a July 2011 build date and I don't have this issue (at least not yet, and I hope it stays that way, I'm at about 18,500).
Old 11-07-2012, 09:24 AM   #13
JesseE1981
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88551
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 JesseE1981 Good Standing Member
Just dropped my car off. This dealer doesn't have loaner cars, they have a rental department....but I was told by my regional customer service manager that they would take care of everything, I wasn't asked for any form of payment or anything, so I'm assuming that's the case.

Anyways, I told the guy exactly what I was experiencing, handed him the printout of OP's first post here, and said THIS describes my experience, and here's what they did to fix it. He asked if I thought I could replicate it if a technician went out with m e, I told him the last time I tried that, it didn't act up, because it's not consistent in my car. But I told him to step on the gas from a dead stop, shifting from first into second, that they'd be able to replicate it. Also told him there was a 1/4 tank of gas, to drive it around as much as needed till it happens.

Guess I'll hear something back shortly.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #14
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
I'm glad that people are finally getting their cars fixed, but I'm now in a weird place where if I take it in and they say "It's normal." I'll have to pay $125... and I am NOT looking forward to that.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #15
fishin-nole
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99925
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Metallic

FF Reputation: 1 fishin-nole Good Standing Member
Our's is at the dealer now for the clutch replacement. The parts are on back order until next week. We're going back for a loaner today.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #16
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Holy crap. Someone needs to total the amount of cars that have had clutches replaced. This is getting crazy. DO A RECALL FORD. Bite the bullet.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #17
JesseE1981
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88551
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 JesseE1981 Good Standing Member
OK, just got a call from the dealer. The guy told me they per the TSB (whatever number that is), they are going ahead and ordering the parts for replacement. Wasn't sure on the timeframe for that, I was told I'd receive a call again after 4. The problem is I'm going to be out of state all next week, so it may have to wait a bit longer, but it looks like I FINALLY may have a fix coming!!
Old 11-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #18
2012SEL2gen
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104966
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 2012SEL2gen Good Standing Member
Well I have a 2012 SEL with a May 2012 build date. Yesterday, I had the oil changed and they spotted the leak between the bell housing and engine. I have 14,000 miles on mine, and yes I still have shuttering and if I am accelerating hard it feels as if it is slipping and can't get going. So...... Monday afternoon it is going in to the dealership. So hopefully I will get covered under the TSB.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #19
NemesisS197
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 103646
What I Drive: 2014 ST

FF Reputation: 1 NemesisS197 Good Standing Member
Just to give some insight on this whole situation, I used to own a 2006 Ford Explorer. From 2005/2006 Ford Redesigned the explorer a bit and changed the radiator type. This radiator type was prone to failure pre 100k miles. Mine started leaking at 80k miles and a lot of people reported issues at 30k or even earlier. Ford never recalled the radiator despite it being a possible EPA issue with coolant leaking in areas where people and animals could be. Either way, they updated the part and the issues started to go away. I have a feeling that these bearings/clutches/seals will undergo an update and eventually all issues will replace these parts with them. I do hope Ford extends the warranty for people on a certain build date so they can do the right thing and keep their customers for life.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #20
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisS197 View Post
I have a feeling that these bearings/clutches/seals will undergo an update and eventually all issues will replace these parts with them. I do hope Ford extends the warranty for people on a certain build date so they can do the right thing and keep their customers for life.
Or they will have their "Customer Service" managers scream at people over the phone that there is nothing wrong and their cars are "operating as they are designed". Which is what happened to me, despite a visible oil leak and a Ford technician confirming the slipping during takeoff.

Bookmarks & Social Networks