Best Blue Oval product? (under $30k) - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-07-2012, 07:09 AM   #21
thisisbenji
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102558
What I Drive: 2012 Red SE

FF Reputation: 2 thisisbenji Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
If I would have actually spent the 23k sticker price of my SE instead of 18.2k for it, there's no way I would have bought it. I'd be in a nice 2013 Mustang V6 with no options other than the performance package. I'd take a 2013 Mustang V6 PP over the ST any day.

That being said the Focus has plenty of power, and a good deal of space with the rear seats folded flat for anything that needs to be hauled.

Sometimes below 3,000 RPM the power is a little bit lacking, but the motor rev's past 3,000 so fast that it's a non issue.

That being said I think I'm going to still get that Mustang as soon as I pay off my Focus, except I'll get the V8 now, and hold onto the Focus.

Just something about 2-door rwd coupes is very appealing to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 08:18 AM   #22
suterp
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 83384
What I Drive: 2013 red focus SE 5 speed

FF Reputation: 1 suterp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
About 3 weeks ago I traded in my 13 mustang GT for a 13 focus SE. The mustang was a lot of fun but totally impractical for the family and a gas guzzler.

When I went to the Ford dealership I was all set to trade for an ST but it was slower and more boy racerish than I had imagined. Then I drove an SE 5 speed and felt it was nearly as fun as the ST but about $7k cheaper and better on gas so that is what I drove home in. As others stated it is pretty slugish under 3k rpm but if you keep the engine spinning it has decent power. Much more power would be a waste with FWD anyway. I have a pretty heavy foot and am averaging 30-31 mpg vs the 17 I got in the mustang. And the kids can actually fit in the back seat. You might also consider a gti or golf tdi, they are fun and practical but I was a little scared of reliability issues and repair costs on the VWs.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:34 PM   #23
disciplerocks
Pushrods

Fan#: 59330
What I Drive: 04 ZX3, 12 Hatch

FF Reputation: 13 disciplerocks Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Has no one said it yet?

http://www.inautonews.com/new-ford-f...4#.UJq3ZIb3c-J
89 Bronco II XLT Well the body is still stock, what's left of it

Bookmarks & Social Networks