Steel/Winter Rims for 2012 Titanium - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack

Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.
Sponsored By:
Tire Rack

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
BPEW584
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101933
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 BPEW584 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Steel/Winter Rims for 2012 Titanium

Hi all,

I just got 215/55R16 winter tires for my Ti. Regarding the rims/wheels, can I just head into Costco and get the stock 16" ones for $29? I'm not sure if there's something I'm overlooking.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
yycwesty
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105304
What I Drive: 2012 ford focus titanium

FF Reputation: 1 yycwesty Good Standing Member
HI BPE

I recently put blizzak ws70's on my 2012 titanium HB. I just used stock rims. All purchased from tirerack. When buying from Costco, just make sure they are the correct bolt pattern, which I'm sure they will be able to look up. The other thing to consider it the TPMS. I originally didn't purchase the tire sensors and it causes a light to stay on in the dash plus every now and then a warning comes across my screen saying that it is unable to detect tire pressure readings. If you can live with the light and your state/province doesn't need you to have TPMS installed your good to go. By not having them installed initially, it will cost me $208 shipped for the TPMS's and then probably about $25 per tire to have them installed. Oh well we all learn from our mistakes

Cheers
AL
Old 11-25-2012, 01:47 AM   #3
MelloYelloTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95982
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Focus Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 MelloYelloTi Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPEW584 View Post
Hi all,

I just got 215/55R16 winter tires for my Ti. Regarding the rims/wheels, can I just head into Costco and get the stock 16" ones for $29? I'm not sure if there's something I'm overlooking.

Thanks!
With Discount Tire having it's Black Friday special, I took delivery of 15x6 Unique 83 series steel wheels and General Altimax Artics 195/65/15 with TPMS's for a smoking deal to me.

You could see if you can get a hold of the Unique 83's at Costco or your local tire chain. They're available in the 16's. Discount Tire charged me $52 a piece US for the 15x6's.

Link below for sizes:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.uniquewheel.com%2Fimages%2Fproducts%2F83.pdf

Old 11-25-2012, 02:07 AM   #4
Joeywhat
Strichmädchen & Koks

Fan#: 85247
What I Drive: 2014 Mustang 3.7L SGM

FF Reputation: 9 Joeywhat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Find some used OEM wheels from a different vehicle with the same lug pattern. Check offset as well...I'm pretty sure there's a thread in the MK3 section regarding wheel compatibility. Just check that the lug pattern, hub bore and offset are the same. Offset can be a bit different, though.

I have 90's Mercury Cougar wheels on mine. 15x6.5", cost me $40 for the set. They needed some cleaning but it's for winter so who cares. You'll find cheaper tires for a 15 or 16" wheel anyways.
Hatch Nation #29
Old 11-25-2012, 06:25 AM   #5
Robert1966
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93842
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Sonic Blue

FF Reputation: 1 Robert1966 Good Standing Member
Seeing that you're from Canada, I ordered my tires and rims online from Costco. You can order the rims specifically for your vehicle as bolt patterns vary and have them delivered to your home. The 195/65/15 Blizzaks that I ordered were delivered to my local Costco and ended up picking them up. I was going to have them installed there but it really is a pain in the butt as they're so busy. Since I was due for my first oil change I just took them to the dealer and they installed them for me. I didn't get the TPMS installed as they are $60 per tire and decided to wait until the light drives me crazy....then I'll have it done.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #6
CeeBee
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101389
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Ti 5-Door 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 CeeBee Good Standing Member
Costco here in Toronto quoted me $56/ea for rims and they are pretty flimsy, so I found a set of used but virtually new 15" Volvo rims locally on Kijiji for $150.00. I did end up buying the Blizzak WS-70 tires but had then mounted on the rims at the tire place around the corner from Costco for the same price they charged, and they did while I waited AND installed the TPMS sensors I bought off of eBay.

Check the quality of those Costco rims before agreeing to purchase... seriously!
Old 11-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #7
JayDeZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97919
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 JayDeZ Good Standing Member
Look for a set of the 16 inch wheels from a 2000-2006 taurus. I just mounted a set and they fit perfect and look great on the Focus. I painted mine gun metal grey using Duplicolor wheel paint... i really should post pictures of it. Maybe tonight.

If anyone needs a good place to have their tires mounted, Ford Quicklane will do it for $60 for all 4. I got mine done there had them throw them on the car and program the TPMS.
- MFT
Old 11-26-2012, 12:45 PM   #8
BLRich1
Nope, Chuck Testa

Fan#: 22758
What I Drive: '14 TB ST3, '04 Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 17 BLRich1 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Moved to "Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored By Tire Rack"
'04 CD Silver SVT, #877, 1 of 135 May 2011 ROTM, FF11: Best Display, Best of Show; AFN12: Best SVT, Best Audio, Finest Five, Carlisle Nifty Fifty

Bookmarks & Social Networks