TSB 12-11-01 Posted Today - MFT v3.5.1 - Page 9 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #81
georgegren
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 96328
What I Drive: 2013 Black 5 door Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 georgegren Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
I don't want to go back and have them install 3.5.1 if there's no significant fix to the features I use like Handsfree, Txt Messaging using an Iphone.
I am not going to be able to help you with that one. I have an iPhone 4 (Os 6) on Verizon. It does not support text messaging with the Sync system. The system now tells you that as soon as you select the "message" button on the MFT. Before it would pretend to send messages, but they never went through.

BTW, my dealer was great, other than not having the A4 card on hand... (they tell me they will have it tomorrow). Total time from key hand off to drive away was 1hr:15min. Told them I had no climate and Bluetooth issues, no questions asked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #82
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104183
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgegren View Post
BTW, my dealer was great, other than not having the A4 card on hand... (they tell me they will have it tomorrow). Total time from key hand off to drive away was 1hr:15min. Told them I had no climate and Bluetooth issues, no questions asked.
You are lucky. I think I'll just go around to different dealers until one of them gives me the update without hassle.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #83
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104183
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
Quote:
I literally just went through the dealership a week ago fixing my lost Climate feature on 3.22. I don't want to go back and have them install 3.5.1 if there's no significant fix to the features I use like Handsfree, Txt Messaging using an Iphone.
I believe the text messaging problem is because of Apple and the iPhone, not MFT. No iPhone (3GS, 4, 4S, 5) with iOS 6.0.1 (latest) will show messages on the MFT screen. Apple will need to add the functionality for it to work.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #84
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpalm View Post
I believe the text messaging problem is because of Apple and the iPhone, not MFT. No iPhone (3GS, 4, 4S, 5) with iOS 6.0.1 (latest) will show messages on the MFT screen. Apple will need to add the functionality for it to work.
I have an old HTC EVO 4G running Cyanogenmod 7.2, a version of the latest Android Gingerbread 2.3.7.

Texting has always worked with this ROM, but not with the stock HTC ROM or another based on it. I believe the problem is Apple as well. They don't necessarily like to adopt standards if they didn't invent them...

Anyway, two days with 3.5.1 and I've yet to see a glitch. I've also noticed the audio from my USB stick sounds better.....
Old 11-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #85
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 46 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
So far I have not had any issue with the new update. Bluetooth has been much, much better, climate controls are working, and the interface is doing what it's told, when it's told. All of my presets are showing now (after I re-input all of them).

I made a few calls though no one seemed to notice a difference, but after the last update my 'wind-tunnel' noise was pretty much eliminated anyways. I can't vouch for the messaging due to having an Infuse.

All-in-all, I'm pretty pleased with it so far. Idk why, but I'm glad to see the climate back on the display. Time will ultimately tell, but so far I am very pleased with it. I passed the info to a buddy who's MFT was acting much worse than mine, so I'm curious to get his feedback as well once he completes the update.

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 11-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #86
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
I don't know why these updates keep requiring new NAV cards... why would they even have the SMR website if those with NAV have to wait for new cards with every release?

(okay, not EVERY release... but all the good ones/big fixes, it seems)
Old 11-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #87
F'nClassy
Eh!

Fan#: 97270
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 6 F'nClassy Good Standing Member
Taking my car in tomorrow as my nav and compass stopped working, hopefully they will install the update
HN#154
Sonic's MK3 Crew #07

Live together, die alone
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhillsken View Post
Instead of a "Dual Clutch", "Dual Personality" might be a better name.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #88
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
I made a few calls though no one seemed to notice a difference, but after the last update my 'wind-tunnel' noise was pretty much eliminated anyways. I can't vouch for the messaging due to having an Infuse.
Dyn085,

Just to be clear, your saying the 3.5.1 update cleared up the wind tunnel issue with your hands free or 3.22 fixed that for you?
Old 11-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #89
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 46 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Dyn085,

Just to be clear, your saying the 3.5.1 update cleared up the wind tunnel issue with your hands free or 3.22 fixed that for you?
After 3.2.2 (I believe), the 'wind-tunnel' sound was pretty much cleared up. I don't make many calls, but after the last update my friends stated that it was much better.

That being said, when I initially called people after this update they didn't even know I was in the car and driving. The only time they noticed anything was if I was speaking and turned my head left (looking for traffic or whatever). So long as I spoke normally and forward they said it sounded good.

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 11-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #90
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
After 3.2.2 (I believe), the 'wind-tunnel' sound was pretty much cleared up. I don't make many calls, but after the last update my friends stated that it was much better.

That being said, when I initially called people after this update they didn't even know I was in the car and driving. The only time they noticed anything was if I was speaking and turned my head left (looking for traffic or whatever). So long as I spoke normally and forward they said it sounded good.

Ahh okay. Mine sounds exactly the same on 3.22. ($hitty!). 70mph and trying to talk over handsfree is so bad you can't make out hardly a word. However if I switch over to my Jabra Freeway (BT Handsfree Speakerphone) it uses Noise Cancellation and its night and day difference better!

I've been hopeful every time there's an MFT update that it will fix mine but let down every time. Ahh well. Thx for the info.

Bookmarks & Social Networks