TSB 12-11-01 Posted Today - MFT v3.5.1 - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #21
pozi240
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94835
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul21 View Post
Maybe it includes a BCM update that will keep me from looking like an idiot while I try to lock my car with the key fob. Probably not though.

Not laughing at you Paul, but, I can relate to this comment.. it made me chuckle... thanks.
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #22
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Can't wait to see if someone gets this to work. I'm hoping if it has an APIM update my ZuneHD will start working again.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #23
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 46 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Well, ESP paperwork completed. Now I wait the possible 2 hours for them to do the 20 min task...if they do it

Fwiw-I can relate to the fob deal. I love standing next to may car waiting to see if will unlock while people watch to see if I'm trying to break into it

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 11-05-2012, 01:05 PM   #24
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
Interestingly, my dealership said they would 'take a look at it' and see if I have any problems. Then it might take '2 hours' to do the install-but only if they find something wrong. It must suck if it will take that long if they can only bill Ford for .3 hours and an A4 card

I hate my Service Dept. I'm walking across the street to cancel my ESP right now.
How do they determine "problems", or something wrong? It claims to address concerns with voice recognition and fortunately my concerns with that are documented at the dealership after the 3.0.2 update. They better not give me hassle.

The .3 hours is probably pretty accurate for the actual labor. The other 1.7 hours they are talking about is probably the amount of time your car will just be sitting there, running and wasting gas, after they start the install.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #25
kingray
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105430
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 kingray Good Standing Member
Installed. That was easy. Works SOOOO much better. I dont have A4 for navigation, but as the navigation was worthless before the update I don't feel much loss until it is installed. Everything now appears to work quickly, smoothly, and correctly.

My one complaint is why the car cant send data to ford when you come home, put in park, and it connects to yoru WiFi. Seems like that would be a good time to upload and car health data.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #26
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
well for those of you brave enuf to have the update, pls report back on your findings...hopefully this is THE fix... we'll see. meanwhile i'll stay with v2.11 which has
not caused me any problems.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #27
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 46 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
How do they determine "problems", or something wrong? It claims to address concerns with voice recognition and fortunately my concerns with that are documented at the dealership after the 3.0.2 update. They better not give me hassle.

The .3 hours is probably pretty accurate for the actual labor. The other 1.7 hours they are talking about is probably the amount of time your car will just be sitting there, running and wasting gas, after they start the install.
Idk, though they came and told me a few minutes ago that they are going ahead with the install and that it will be two hours from that time now. So maybe I'm late for work despite showing up so early...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingray View Post
Installed. That was easy. Works SOOOO much better. I dont have A4 for navigation, but as the navigation was worthless before the update I don't feel much loss until it is installed. Everything now appears to work quickly, smoothly, and correctly.

My one complaint is why the car cant send data to ford when you come home, put in park, and it connects to yoru WiFi. Seems like that would be a good time to upload and car health data.

How long did it take you, and are they still providing the nav card (maybe they just don't have them yet)? I don't really need the nav, but I want it working seems how I paid for the added cost on my car...

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 11-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #28
Slimgym20
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100307
What I Drive: 2012, Gray, Focus HB

FF Reputation: 1 Slimgym20 Good Standing Member
Is this update showing up in anyone's Syncmyride account or on the ETIS website for anyone? I want to just email my dealership about it and get the nav card in (I got the car back in June, sounds like all will need the updated nav card?) before I go ahead with the update and I am just looking for something official I can send over for them to see before scheduling...
Old 11-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #29
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
See the link in airforceixi's initial post.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #30
airforceixi
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103888
What I Drive: 2013 PB Focus ST3

FF Reputation: 1 airforceixi Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingray View Post

kingray (and anyone else who may have it installed), please check to see if using a USB device for music works. I just got off of the phone with my father and he had a pre-release version installed in his Lincoln MKX a couple weeks ago (he works for Ford with a company vehicle) and he said he could no longer play MP3s off of USB after the update. I'm not sure if this is the same version or not, I could not get him to confirm the version.

Bookmarks & Social Networks