Picked up a new ST and just wanted to share and say hi! - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-11-2014, 12:58 PM   #1
Formula
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 9825
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 Formula Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Picked up a new ST and just wanted to share and say hi!

So happy to have just picked up my new ST! I got a great deal on a leftover 2013 ST2 (with nav and sunroof options). The car is an absolute blast and so far couldn't be happier. Loving the color (Tangerine Scream) and everything else about the car. I had a zx3 for my first vehicle and then for the last 7 years I have been driving a 2001 Saab 9-3 turbo with some nice work done to it. I figured it was time for a new car and took the jump on this focus. I guess I've made my way back to the focus community . I am going to start to look to do some basic mods like a catback, intake and BoV. Are any of these something that will void my warrantee? Thanks a bunch and happy to be back in the focus community!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2014, 01:06 PM   #2
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Nice buy and welcome.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:29 PM   #3
JackST
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 131225
What I Drive: 2013 Blk ST

FF Reputation: 1 JackST Good Standing Member
The mods you have listed might void the engine warranty. If you need to take it in for work just switch it back.
Congrats!
Old 07-12-2014, 01:39 PM   #4
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Intake and exhaust should be fine.
Old 07-13-2014, 03:49 PM   #5
Formula
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 9825
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 Formula Good Standing Member
Thanks much. I have to stop by the dealer and I have used the service department a number of times over the years. I am going to mention the exhaust and see what their take on it is since they will be doing any potential work. The other items are easy to remove, but the exhaust will be a pain if it comes down to that. I'm also looking at the spyder headlights. As for the exhaust, I'm leaning towards the MBRP. It seems to be one of the more subtle ones and I had one on my ZX3 and loved it. I'm not against loud, but after running with 3inch turbo-back on the "Slaab", I may want a little less noise when I need to give it some gas. Any other exhaust suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	focusST.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	264.2 KB
ID:	57753  

Old 07-13-2014, 03:57 PM   #6
Mr Orange SVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10430
What I Drive: 2003 Comp Orange SVT #906

FF Reputation: 1 Mr Orange SVT Good Standing Member

Nice choice of color!
Old 07-20-2014, 11:11 AM   #7
Nexaddo187
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 164530
What I Drive: '14 RR Focus ST(3)

FF Reputation: 1 Nexaddo187 Good Standing Member
Congrats on the new whip! As far as performance upgrades, look to see if you have a ford racing installer at your dealer - take a look at this package http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=24026

It retains factory warranty if it is installed by an autorized dealer/installer.
I'm looking at this and the STS. 90 lbs of torque after the upgraded components and tune.

Last edited by Nexaddo187; 07-20-2014 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Numbers were wrong (not 400/300)
Old 07-20-2014, 12:09 PM   #8
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexaddo187 View Post
Congrats on the new whip! As far as performance upgrades, look to see if you have a ford racing installer at your dealer - take a look at this package http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=24026

It retains factory warranty if it is installed by an autorized dealer/installer.
I'm looking at this and the STS. the FR1 pack gives nearly 400 lbs of torque... and i think it ends up being around 300 hp total
No, peak power is not increased to 300 hp, just the area under the curve with the FRPP package and close to 90 lb-ft more torque in the mid range.

Besides the Full FR1 package with the Exhaust is not necessary to see the maximum performance gains of the FRPP package, the exhaust is just a noise maker (although it does sound decent on the cars at the Octane Academy).

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=22952

What you have to have is the two stage colder plugs, and the intake snorkel + k&n filter in order to take advantage of the pro-cal tune.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:32 PM   #9
Nexaddo187
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 164530
What I Drive: '14 RR Focus ST(3)

FF Reputation: 1 Nexaddo187 Good Standing Member
I stand corrected.

Regardless, if you can find a good price on them and keep the warranty intact, sounds like a sweet deal.

And necessary or not, it comes with the exhaust. Are there any exhausts out there that would affect performance after the FR1 mod?
Old 07-20-2014, 05:10 PM   #10
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexaddo187 View Post
I stand corrected.

Regardless, if you can find a good price on them and keep the warranty intact, sounds like a sweet deal.

And necessary or not, it comes with the exhaust. Are there any exhausts out there that would affect performance after the FR1 mod?
That package comes with exhaust because they understand that not everyone is happy enough with the stock exhaust note.

A cat back exhaust will generally not improve performance much if at all on these cars, doesn't matter if it's the FRPP/Borla or anything else. If you find a system you like then go with it, that generally doesn't void the warranty if you install it separately.

Not trying to tell anyone how to modify their car, just explaining how the exhaust is not necessary for the FRPP Pro-Cal tune.

Bookmarks & Social Networks