2010 Ford Focus Bluetooth Problem - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-19-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
BrianCon
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117980
What I Drive: 2010 Blue Ford Focus style

FF Reputation: 1 BrianCon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2010 Ford Focus Bluetooth Problem

I've a 2010 registered Ford Focus Style, Diesel.

The stereo system is the 6000CD.

The problem is, I can't get Bluetooth to work. The display doesn't give me a code when I try to pair, but displays "No Phone" instead (while my phone simulateously asks for a PIN).

I thought I could reset the system, so I checked the manual and found the fuse for the Audio unit (number 112). I pulled that, and put it back in. This reset the stereo - it then asked me for the radio security code. After a while I found I had to continually push the number "1" to input the first digit, number "2" for the second digit, number "3" for the 3rd, and "4" for the 4th, then "*" to enter. This reactivated the stereo, but didn't fix the problem with bluetooth. There's no separate fuse listed for bluetooth.

On the off chance the PIN was guessable, I've tried a variety of PINs when asked on the phone (including the same code as the stereo security code) but nothing works.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #2
cversion7
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117973
What I Drive: 2008 Red Sedan SE

FF Reputation: 1 cversion7 Good Standing Member
Mine was 6-8 characters long when I set it up. I can't remember exactly, but it was random. Had a rental mustang with Sync and it had a random 6-8 character code as well.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #3
myTech Team
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91855
What I Drive: 2002 Silver Mazda Protege 5

FF Reputation: 1 myTech Team Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianCon View Post
I've a 2010 registered Ford Focus Style, Diesel.

The stereo system is the 6000CD.

The problem is, I can't get Bluetooth to work. The display doesn't give me a code when I try to pair, but displays "No Phone" instead (while my phone simulateously asks for a PIN).

I thought I could reset the system, so I checked the manual and found the fuse for the Audio unit (number 112). I pulled that, and put it back in. This reset the stereo - it then asked me for the radio security code. After a while I found I had to continually push the number "1" to input the first digit, number "2" for the second digit, number "3" for the 3rd, and "4" for the 4th, then "*" to enter. This reactivated the stereo, but didn't fix the problem with bluetooth. There's no separate fuse listed for bluetooth.

On the off chance the PIN was guessable, I've tried a variety of PINs when asked on the phone (including the same code as the stereo security code) but nothing works.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.
If you receive the 'No Phone" message the system is reading that it isn't equipped with SYNC. What I suggest to people is to set an appointment with their Service Department. Usually a Service Technician will have re-flash the system with SYNC and it will be resolved.

I haven't seen any other solution to the problem you are describing other than taking it to a Service Technician.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:59 AM   #4
BrianCon
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117980
What I Drive: 2010 Blue Ford Focus style

FF Reputation: 1 BrianCon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by myTech Team View Post
If you receive the 'No Phone" message the system is reading that it isn't equipped with SYNC. What I suggest to people is to set an appointment with their Service Department. Usually a Service Technician will have re-flash the system with SYNC and it will be resolved.

I haven't seen any other solution to the problem you are describing other than taking it to a Service Technician.
I think you're right.

I decided to disconnect the bluetooth module and reconnect it. I've read that this will "reset" the bluetooth module. SO ... I removed the glovebox - not that difficult actually, just 7 screws. The bluetooth module is located up to the left as you look in the hole. I disconnected the cables (awkward to do - there's a white plastic piece that secures the cables in place, you need to press in the middle and slide it away and back - there's a youtube video that shows it very well). Left it disconnected. Reconnected.

No joy. Same behaviour as before. So yeah, time to book it in. Thanks everyone for all the help.

Bookmarks & Social Networks