Who's got an ST? - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current)

Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current) The place to chat about the 2.0L EcoBoost engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #31
JayyVee
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107553
What I Drive: 2011 Ingot Silver Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 JayyVee Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks for this thread - seriously considering trading my mustang in and picking up an ST - i miss having a zippy little car..

seriously considering means - I just need to get my butt down to my dealer, drive it, and insure I can deal with some light torque steer (been years since FF).

Any drawbacks to getting a 'base' car - I know all the electronic gadgets and whatnot will not be there on a base.. Does not look like anything performance-wise is changed from the base and a loaded car (lighter perhaps??) Cloth seats are ok with me I got kids, screwed up leather is a PITA.. Sunroof being the only vanity I really want.. Along with X-Plan from my job I'm seeing a 24k # - best to look for a base and get what I want and maybe get it less than that, or build from scratch? (Thinking performance blue or black).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 10:11 PM   #32
WhiteTite
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100660
What I Drive: '13 Focus ST2. '12 Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 2 WhiteTite Good Standing Member
I sold my GT Mustang in June and bought a '12 Focus Titanium, I didn't think I would miss my stang...but I did. Last weekend I picked up a ST for me and my wife took over the TI, it's way more fun than my mustang was. There is some torque steer, but you'll get a grip when you need hang on to the wheel. You will really like the ST
Old 12-21-2012, 06:23 AM   #33
sleepin 4.6
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 64658
What I Drive: 2005 White ZX4 SES/ 99 Cobra/ ST

FF Reputation: 1 sleepin 4.6 Good Standing Member
I also sold my show stopping 99 Cobra then picked up an ST. I sold mine because I needed the four door with a growing family. I have no regrets of selling it because the ST is plenty of fun with plenty of mod potential.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:15 AM   #34
JayyVee
Focus Rookie

Thanks guys for sharing the Mustang stories, good to know I'm not the only person considering, or that did this. No looking back eh? I am thinking a test drive this weekend is in order.

So, no downsides (besides creature comforts) to a base ST compared to a loaded or Titanium? (I Just don't get all the electronic gizmos, and the different front bumper is the only visual change?)

Looks like it will be a bit slower even than my 3.7 (I'm modded a fair bit), but the fun factor is what matters to me at this point. And space/doors for family..
Old 12-21-2012, 08:26 AM   #35
FreshlyFunkTFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53848
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST2 in Performance Blue

FF Reputation: 1 FreshlyFunkTFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I positively adore my Performance Blue 13 ST2. By far the funnest (and fastest) car I have ever owned. Drives on rails, comfortable, Sync and MFT are excellently implemented, plus I get lots of compliments ;-) I might be biased a bit but if you are considering it, I would venture to guess you would be without regret if you pulled the trigger. Best of luck!
SAP Crew #22, LOTH #74, Freshly Wrecked Focus Master Chief #1
MODS - K&N SRI, OBX Header and Flex, MBRP 2.5" Exhaust
Wish List - Tune by Tom, TB, full suspension upgrade, rims and lower profile tires, and all the $$ I need to perform these upgrades
Old 12-21-2012, 08:30 AM   #36
sleepin 4.6
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

I went ST3 for the simple fact I sold my baby (cobra) to switch. So I had to have it all. Lol
Old 12-21-2012, 08:31 AM   #37
JayyVee
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshlyFunkTFocus View Post
I positively adore my Performance Blue 13 ST2. By far the funnest (and fastest) car I have ever owned. Drives on rails, comfortable, Sync and MFT are excellently implemented, plus I get lots of compliments ;-) I might be biased a bit but if you are considering it, I would venture to guess you would be without regret if you pulled the trigger. Best of luck!
Thanks for the feedback - funny enough I am really in love with that Performance Blue and am pretty sure that and a sunroof would make me plenty happy at this point. The 'on rails' part is what I miss; before my Stang I drove a highly modded 3 series.. That was rails+rails to me, I want that feeling again.. Even with a near race-ready aftermarket suspension the Mustang is proving just too long for my driving characteristics methinks.

Somewhere between DiB and GhiB in a good way - I really like the Performance Blue!

Obviously I have not delved into it enough, as I see ST2 and ST3 tossed around some here as well - that is basically just the 'package' you got right? (Sync stuff, front bumper, leather, those sort of options right?) When I build it online I am noticing that ST2 but not catching where ST3 comes from (that short for the titanium build?)

Thanks fellas!
Old 12-21-2012, 09:59 AM   #38
sleepin 4.6
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

I don't think there is a difference in bumpers. The three packages is mainly interior (standard seats, partial leather/cloth recaros, or all leather.) then the stereo and a little layout difference. The outside I believe are identical on all three besides the ST3 having LED eyebrows along with halogen headlamps. Which are a beautiful color.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #39
FreshlyFunkTFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53848
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST2 in Performance Blue

FF Reputation: 1 FreshlyFunkTFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
On rails to me means this car drives where you point it, and is a joy to drive at any speed. I haven't tried anything too wild yet, but even doing a pass on the highway can be fun. There are no differences in body style between all trim levels. As far as differences between the ST2 and the ST3, primary differences are the following:

ST2:
Partial leather Recaros (these look prettier to me)
10 Speaker Sony System with Sync and MyFordTouch

ST3:
ST2 features +
Full leather Recaros
HID headlamps with Cornering beams
Navigation
Rear armrest
Ambient Lighting
Overhead Console
Heated exterior mirrors
SAP Crew #22, LOTH #74, Freshly Wrecked Focus Master Chief #1
MODS - K&N SRI, OBX Header and Flex, MBRP 2.5" Exhaust
Wish List - Tune by Tom, TB, full suspension upgrade, rims and lower profile tires, and all the $$ I need to perform these upgrades
Old 12-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #40
sleepin 4.6
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

My ST3 has the Sony stereo with 10 speakers including sub.

Bookmarks & Social Networks