Where can I buy Racing Seats / harnesses for Focus? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-15-2004, 10:05 AM   #1
[]wave
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 14984
FF Reputation: 1 []wave Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Where can I buy Racing Seats / harnesses for Focus?

I need another seat that complies with SCCA/RA pro/club Rally for my 2000 zx3 that i'm building up.

I can't seem to find a decent online store for focuses that sell what I'm looking for.

Also, do any online stores sell fuel cells?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2004, 12:03 PM   #2
Egz
Sückn' n Blown

Fan#: 442
What I Drive: 2003 2.3l ZX3

FF Reputation: 111 Egz Excellent Standing Member Egz Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
www.focusperformance.com has a selection of seats. (same place you bought the car from)
www.focussport.com also has a good selection of seats.

I've bought my G-Force harnesses from www.discoveryparts.com . Good guys, and lots of safety gear. Also sells racing seats.

As for fuel cells, I guess they are generic, so you can purchase them anywhere online.

duratec.wikispaces.com - Duratec Wiki - Sign up and contribute!
Old 11-15-2004, 01:41 PM   #3
Geezer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1427
What I Drive: 99 miata, 05Mazda6, 09GTI, 12Imprez

FF Reputation: 141 Geezer Excellent Standing Member Geezer Excellent Standing Member
Here are the major seat players: Corbeau, Cobra, Sparco, and Momo. There are many others but these companies make REAL race seats. Double check the new rules. They were talking a while back that a seat was going to have to be FIA approved. The above manufactures provide such seats other companies rarely do. Remember you want a solid seat back (non-reclining regardless of who makes it). A steel frame seat tends to be more comfortable than a fiberglass shell for rallying and a little cheaper as well. I found the following to be very comfortable and affordable. Sparco Sprint, Corbeau Forza, Momo T-Frame, and Cobra Monaco. Buy your seats from a race shop that does on-line sales. Simply do a search on any of these brands and you will get lots of hits. You'll also want to get seat rails & sliders. Corbeau makes the biggest selection, but the others should be able to cover you as well. Good harness prices are available from Racers Wholesale. G-Force makes some affordable cam lock harnesses. New rules also talked about requiring new harnesses or rewebbing every two years if the belts did not have a FIA label. You might want to check this out. If you're on a budget, a latch and link five point harness works just as well as a cam lock and costs half as much. Check the ads in Grassroots Motorsports magazine for safety equipment. ATL and Fuel Safe are the big cell manufactures but Jegs, Jazz, and Summit Racing provide generic brands that are just as good for less money.

Last edited by Geezer; 11-15-2004 at 01:55 PM.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:41 PM   #4
[]wave
Focus Enthusiast

man, you know what yer talking about.

awesome, and thanks!
Old 11-15-2004, 08:50 PM   #5
sidney61199
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 7904
What I Drive: 2002 Black Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 sidney61199 Good Standing Member
We have Jegs in ohio maybe you have them up there too. They have seats in the store so you can get in them and try them out. Not to knock it but I would not buy one with out sitting it it. You may have to go to the closest large city to find a big time perfomance shop but I would try to find one around where you live first then go with the internet thing. Just my opinion but I have been in my Jegs down the road and I saw they had seats in the store so I thought I would point that out to you.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:23 PM   #6
[]wave
Focus Enthusiast

thanks, any idea in the detroit area?
Old 11-15-2004, 10:53 PM   #7
Starek
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 15562
What I Drive: 2.3 Mustang 1993 LX, 2002 Ford Focus RS

FF Reputation: 1 Starek Good Standing Member
Well, I t most of the parts for my car on: http://www.saferacer.com they have nice prices ;)
Old 11-16-2004, 09:04 AM   #8
[]wave
Focus Enthusiast

No, I mean retail stores with decent selection.

Looks like most are based out of Ohio.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:59 AM   #9
Geezer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1427
What I Drive: 99 miata, 05Mazda6, 09GTI, 12Imprez

FF Reputation: 141 Geezer Excellent Standing Member Geezer Excellent Standing Member
[]wave, If you're really serious about rallying you need to get up to Atlanta (just east of Gaylord) on Jan 28 and 29th. This will be the first major rally of 2005. There will be a lot of michigan based cars there and it would be a good event to start rubbing elbows at. I would suggest that you volunteer as an event worker or put the word out that you would like to work service for a team. There's always someone looking for help. This would be a good opportunity to sit in some cars and get the feel of seats. All you havbe to do is ask, Ihave never been refused from sitting in a car especially if I was working the event. Drivers and co-drivers treat event workers pretty damn nice as they know without them the event wouldn't be happening. The seats i mentioned above seem to fit the majority of drivers and co-drivers. Unless you're really large these should work without much gambling. Of the four the sparco sprint and corbeau forza are the common in rally cars. They're very comfortable and fit 99% of most people. But i do agree with sidney61199 that sitting in a seat before purchasing it is the safest bet.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:38 PM   #10
[]wave
Focus Enthusiast

Yeah, I'm hoping we can ge the car ready for sn0 drift '05.

It's gonna be close....but if not me and my codriver are already planning on volunteering to work :)

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->