Camshaft specs...FINALLY!!! - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > SPI Performance (2000-2004)

SPI Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Split Port Injection engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
jlawlax1344
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99464
What I Drive: 2003-CD Silver-SPI-5spd

FF Reputation: 1 jlawlax1344 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Camshaft specs...FINALLY!!!

To anyone curious or trying to replace or get an aftermarket cam for their SPI, i did some research and talked to some buddies in the machine shop and finally have specs for the cam!!!

at .050 lift it has a duration of 186 degrees for the intake and exhaust and it has 134 degrees of lobe separation.

Aftermarket options: the only ones i really found are from http://www.cranecams.com/view.php?s_id=5
then select the 74-87 2000cc-2300cc SOHC engine and viola!!!!!
you now can order cams from a basic upgrade to major head work and swap for mechanical roller cams for drag racing (yes it sounds weird that this is the engine, but talking to friends that have worked on this engine and getting specs and talking to crane cams, these should fit perfectly into out engine with the obvious springs, retainers, lifters, and keepers upgraded!!!!)

2 12" rockford fosgate subs,1500w Hifonics amp, throttle spacer, performance chip, FSWerks 2.5" race exhaust, custom CAI w/Spectre 10.5x6 filter Blue leds all around pulsating in the trunk, smoked taillights and turn signals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 03:12 AM   #2
amc49
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96610
What I Drive: 00 wagon, 02 sedan both zetec atx

FF Reputation: 23 amc49 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Unless I am crazy that is a nonsensical lobe separation number, the range is generally from 100 or so to around 115...................

You have also picked wrong motor in Crane catalog, that SOHC is the old Pinto-Mustang II engine for RWD. Totally different engine with no common parts. Note the cam followers pictured on right hand page, The SPI uses rocker arms and lifters, not followers and lash adjusters. I used to work on those engines, I assure you those parts do not fit the SPI........

Bookmarks & Social Networks