Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Turbo Tips?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  LittleRedSVT 
#1 ·
I'm looking into turbo-ing my SVT, so I need some advice.

I've heard the best turbo bolt-on is a Garrett GT28rs (I don't want to have to rebuild and swap motor parts, my SVT is my DD) for the stock SVT engine.

What else, besides the turbo itself, would I need to properly install it on my engine (preferably something cost-effective)? Thanks!

#3 ·
new exhaust manifold, intake lumbing, larger MAF, intercooler, full custom Tune, larger injectors, exhaust downpipe from turbo to CAT, blow off valve, oil feed and return lines, bypass valve, guages to monitor oil pressure, boost and Air fuel ratio... and $300-$400 in extras that you find need to be replaced or you brake or forget about like gaskets, and clamps.

#4 ·
You will need a upgraded clutch as well.

I have been working on turbo'ing my SVT. Its taken almost 6 months, and I'm still not done. Just a heads up, its not a weekend project, and there will be problems that you will have to overcome. Have a secondary form of transportation like a bike or another car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.