Unhappy With Transmission - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #11
JesseE1981
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88551
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 JesseE1981 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
No one in their right mind can tell you that the noise is normal.

BTW, in your video, you say "So I'm out driving in my 2012 Ford Escape...".
LOL, oops, I traded in my 2005 Escape for this car....I want to get rid of this to get the new Escape...I'm jumping the gun in my head, ha!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2012, 03:52 PM   #12
cbdallas
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100296
What I Drive: 2014 Titanium 5-speed

FF Reputation: 2 cbdallas Good Standing Member
I want to trade mine for an ST, or at the very least a M/T Titanium. But the horrendous resale value may block that wish.

Last edited by cbdallas; 10-29-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #13
JesseE1981
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88551
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 JesseE1981 Good Standing Member
Yeah, this car seems to be losing $1,000 a month, and keeps dropping. Last month it was at $12,900 on KBB.com....I'm afraid to look now. Maybe a tree will fall on it and total it, that's my one wish right now :)
Old 10-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #14
dbenney
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1195
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 5 dbenney Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseE1981 View Post
Last month it was at $12,900 on KBB.com....
Dealers and insurance companies dont use KBB for the most part. Most of them us NADA to determine used car value.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:43 AM   #15
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
If you want to know how badly a car loses value, get the numbers on a lease. When a $24,000 Focus has a higher monthly lease payment than a $32,000 Altima, you know that not even Ford thinks the car will be worth much after 2-3 years. I just got the numbers to lease a 2013 Focus. With an MSPR of $28,007 lease payment was $383 per month for 3 years @ 12,000 miles. I ended up leasing a 2013 Kia Optima SXL with an MSRP of $35,652 and for 3 years @ 15,000 miles per year my payment is $370.01. So the focus has such a terrible residual value that the payments are more than a car that costs $7,500 more. Sorry but that is pathetic. I am so glad my 2012 is headed back to the dealer today for the buyback. I would have lost my ass had I have not won my lawsuit. Heck even the new Fusion was WAY more to lease than the Optima. So in the future if you really want to know resale value after 3 years get them to quote a lease and ask about the residual value. This is the amount they think the car will be worth after 3 years and the agreed upon miles. You might get a shock.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:00 AM   #16
pozi240
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94835
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpartmgr View Post
If you want to know how badly a car loses value, get the numbers on a lease. When a $24,000 Focus has a higher monthly lease payment than a $32,000 Altima, you know that not even Ford thinks the car will be worth much after 2-3 years. I just got the numbers to lease a 2013 Focus. With an MSPR of $28,007 lease payment was $383 per month for 3 years @ 12,000 miles. I ended up leasing a 2013 Kia Optima SXL with an MSRP of $35,652 and for 3 years @ 15,000 miles per year my payment is $370.01. So the focus has such a terrible residual value that the payments are more than a car that costs $7,500 more. Sorry but that is pathetic. I am so glad my 2012 is headed back to the dealer today for the buyback. I would have lost my ass had I have not won my lawsuit. Heck even the new Fusion was WAY more to lease than the Optima. So in the future if you really want to know resale value after 3 years get them to quote a lease and ask about the residual value. This is the amount they think the car will be worth after 3 years and the agreed upon miles. You might get a shock.

Not really. The residual value will always be considerably LOWER than what the car is actually "worth".... that is always the way it has been. Yes, obviously, the higher the residual, the more "They" (manufacturer) will think it will sell for in x amount of years.... BUT, they still want to make a healthy profit when they sell the vehicle after buy back. No one has a "crystal ball", but, rest assured, the manufacturer will always error on thier side, to make sure they don't loose a penny after the lease period.
These residuals have always been very volatile in nature, and go down AND up from month to month... I leased a Honda Accord a few years back, and it was near the end of the month, and the dealer said I should "jump" on it, since the new residuals were about to come out, and the payment would most likely go up in the new month, guess what, residuals actually went up a fair amount, so, payments dropped! For once, my procrastination paid off.... LOL
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)
Old 10-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #17
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverfocus View Post
...I took my focus in because it was making the noise every other 2012 focus makes when the transmission shifts (the "rocks" rattling round.) So the guy wrote up a report and he said he'd call me when it was ready. A few hours passed and I called and the receptionist said it was ready, (the guy never called me) and when i looked at the invoice it stated "We test drove it for 3 miles and no noises were heard and it shifted as intended."...
Hi neverfocus,

I'm happy to step in and get your case escalated to your region's customer service manager. Please send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and daytime phone number; I'll get your CSM involved and ensure that they contact you promptly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfire View Post
in slow speeds put the shifter down into "S" or "L" (depending on what yours says). you should be good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
...Try it again with the dealer. See if you can take a mechanic on a drive with your car and then one off the lot. Or see if a mechanic will take your car home overnight. Be as specific as possible about the behavior you're experiencing and when it occurs. Look over this board for some success stories dealing with oil-contaminated clutches, print and give to the technician. If this doesn't work, look for Crystal or one of the Fords reps that monitor this board: they can get extra attention from the dealer network...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertiger View Post
...Very slowly, my dealer seems to have become aware of the technology and problems with the car and has been (mostly) good at dealing with them.

One thing I would advise anyone is DO NOT let anyone tell you the grinding noise and the shuddering are normal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriously Focused View Post
^^Exactly^^- slow speed noises only and they have NOT gotten worse only better. I have a little over 6000 miles now.

I have "learned" to drive it quietly by the amount of pressure on the gas pedal...
Thanks for all the great input, folks!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Bookmarks & Social Networks