Originally Posted by hillcountryflt
New to the forum. Did not use the search function. Dealer told me Iphones and texting does not work, so I accepted that as fact.
Officially, it doesn't work but owners have got it to work by doing this:
1. Delete iPhone from MFT.
2. Do a fresh pair and set up number, phonebook, 911 assist, etc.
3. On iPhone, turn off Bluetooth. Wait a few seconds for MFT to realize it's disconnected then turn Bluetooth back on.
4. Go to MFT and press Connect. Wait for Connected to appear.
5. On iPhone, go to SYNC and press the arrow and turn on Show Notifications. Next, back up a screen and turn BT off. Wait for MFT to show disconnected then turn BT back on.
6. Go to MFT and press Connect. Wait for Connected to appear.
7. Get someone to text you. Make sure your iPhone screen is off like it would normally be. Or you can send yourself a text but turn off the screen right after you press send.