Steeda Font & Rear Sway's - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-28-2012, 11:47 AM   #51
greg hazlett
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93486
What I Drive: 2012 Black Ford Focus SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 greg hazlett Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Sigh...I know it's taken at face value but according to Steeda's site it says the install is easy with basic hand tools....

Have you done the FSB on the 2012's and what is hard about it? Tips?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #52
Tommyatomic
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105916
What I Drive: MK3 FocusHatch 5SPD, '93 RHD WRX

FF Reputation: 1 Tommyatomic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ideally you want neutral handling. Especially in a FWD.

A stiffer RSB will give the appearance of oversteer which is quite a bit of fun. But in a FWD oversteer does not mean the same thing as it does in a RWD or AWD.

Traditionally most manufacturers of fwd vehicles tend to bias towards understeer so they keep the factory RSB rather limp. A stiffer RSB is almost always a fantastic handling upgrade with one caveat.

If the upgraded RSB is significantly stiffer than the front it will negatively effect the handling. Alot.

You want neutral handling. Or at least you probably want it if you want the car to handle better in curves and corners. (want is such a subjective word)

The abridged version is if the new RSB is stiffer than the front or significantly stiffer than stock you will want a stiffer FSB.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:46 PM   #53
greg hazlett
Focus Enthusiast

The Steeda RSB as per Steeda is 100% stiffer than stock and the Steeda FSB as per Steeda is 55% stiffer than stock....does that sound like a decent combo?
Old 11-28-2012, 01:55 PM   #54
Sonic_HedgeHog
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00

Fan#: 50003
What I Drive: '12 Sterling Focus SE 5dr Sport Pkg

FF Reputation: 19 Sonic_HedgeHog Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg hazlett View Post
The Steeda RSB as per Steeda is 100% stiffer than stock and the Steeda FSB as per Steeda is 55% stiffer than stock....does that sound like a decent combo?
Do you honestly think Steeda would put out a poorly handling combo???

If you're doing both you won't see the best handling until you also do the springs with dampers.
Hatch Nation #156. Sonic's Mk3 Crew Founder and #00
Moderator: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus, SW Fanatics, Sonic's MK3 Crew
Old 11-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #55
greg hazlett
Focus Enthusiast

I was answering post #5.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #56
Ox-y-GenIII
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90008
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 Ox-y-GenIII Good Standing Member
I wonder what FR's sways are in terms of stiffness. They are adjustable at least in the rear.

On track with the squeaking, I seen a member drill a hole and tap it for a grease fitting and modifying the poly bushing to have a grease "groove" in it. Looks like a really bright idea.

2012 Oxford White Focus Hatchback
Dyno #'s 164.35 HP 147.12 TQ
Old 11-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #57
Tommyatomic
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105916
What I Drive: MK3 FocusHatch 5SPD, '93 RHD WRX

FF Reputation: 1 Tommyatomic Good Standing Member
Quote:
That sounds like they are shooting for neutral handling. I cant see Steeda pushing out a front rear combo with a weird bias. People who upgrade antiswaybars are typically enthusiasts. Enthusiasts bitch the loudest when a matched combo doesnt work as advertised.

On my gc8 wrx I have adjustable whiteline bars front and rear. Once you find the right settings for the road you're on; you go round corners with a grin.

I'll be doing the antiswaybars on my focus hatch soon enough.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:18 PM   #58
Bwill9886
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93444
What I Drive: 2013 Rallye Red Civic Si

FF Reputation: 2 Bwill9886 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
I purchased a Steeda RSB a while ago and recently heard groaning/squeaking from the rear so I pulled the bar off and relubed the bushings; anyone else have this? I called Steeda and told them about it and they seemed suprised.

While I was on the phone with them I discovered they have a FSB for the 2012's so I bought one; anyone have one and if so thoughts on it?
Just using the supplied grease (and even trying the old teflon tape trick) I had noise issues. I finally just said screw it and used my Valvoline grease that I keep around. I don't use it if I don't have to because it's messy as hell, but it did the job. Even with the cold it hasn't made a noise in months.

I just received my FSB and will be trying to install it sometime during the holidays, time allowing. Also, regarding the question concerning install time, it requires dropping the sub-frame... so factor that in.

Here is a good thread for both bars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox-y-GenIII View Post
I wonder what FR's sways are in terms of stiffness. They are adjustable at least in the rear.

On track with the squeaking, I seen a member drill a hole and tap it for a grease fitting and modifying the poly bushing to have a grease "groove" in it. Looks like a really bright idea.
Energy even sells bushings like these and I believe they sell ones that are the same size, so that's an option. Mine don't squeak, so I haven't bought them, but if I had issues that's the route I'd go.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #59
greg hazlett
Focus Enthusiast

I have had the Steeda RSB for a while and had to remove it to relube the bushings as they were squeaking, all is better now.

Bought the FSB today before realizing how involved the install is, I was sent the Ford Handling pack instructions to use for the removal but if anyone who has installed the FSB has any advice/tips please share them!!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #60
greg hazlett
Focus Enthusiast

Thanks for the link; do you have the link for the Ford handling pack? It shows how to remove the FSB..here it is:
http://www.fordracingparts.com/downl...htM-FR3-FS.pdf

Bookmarks & Social Networks