Who has NOT updated their MFT? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-18-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
bassmobile
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95742
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Titanium Focus

FF Reputation: 2 bassmobile Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Who has NOT updated their MFT?

Ok, this was explained to me a bit better, so....

As the title says, I am still rolling with the MFT/Sync that came with the car when I got it (1/12 build). I've been asked a number times about upgrading from the dealer, but I keep saying no.

And from what I have been reading, I am not too sure I want to until maybe the "next" major update which hopefully fixes the bug from the last "major" update!

For the most part, mine works fine. The occasional hiccup, I do a reboot once a month and I am fine.

So anyone else not upgraded?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2012, 10:15 PM   #2
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmobile View Post
As the title says, I am still rolling with V2.11 (1/12 build). I've been asked a number times about upgrading from the dealer, but I keep saying no.

And from what I have been reading, I am not too sure I want to until maybe the "next" major update which hopefully fixes the bug from the last "major" update!

For the most part, mine works fine. The occasional hiccup, I do a reboot once a month and I am fine.

So anyone else not upgraded?
Since you only asked about sync and not MFT specifically, since there has been no updates available on SMR for sync G1 even thought the 2013s added applink to MyFord w/ sync where as the 12s don't have it, and later build 12s also had different version numbers of sync installed from the factory. So no updates available = no updates installed, could be for the best given how they screwed up MFT.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:22 PM   #3
bassmobile
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95742
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Titanium Focus

FF Reputation: 2 bassmobile Good Standing Member
Let me rephrase that....I haven't upgraded anything since I got my car. Be it Sync or MFT. (which I thought the one upgrade did both??)
Old 10-18-2012, 10:33 PM   #4
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmobile View Post
Let me rephrase that....I haven't upgraded anything since I got my car. Be it Sync or MFT. (which I thought the one upgrade did both??)
MFT with Sync is different than Myford with Sync, MFT has the 8" touch screen. There were actual updates for this, although to be honest it was more of a down grade from what I've heard.

MFT is sync gen 2. Sync W/ MyFord is still on sync G1 v 3.x and has never had a publicly released update period.

With the sync system being just the voice command and bluetooth audio/ phone commands this structure is similar, but the difference between the MyFord system and the MFT system is the 8" touch screen, the bug ridden software on the updated MFT builds (worse than it was originally from what I've heard), and they changed the appearance of the 4.2" color LCD from solid blue with white lettering to a lighter blue fading to black for MFT.

Sync G2 has been updated publicly, where as only in manufacturing has Sync G1 been updated on the Focus. They added applink to the 2013 models allegedly but no update in sight for the 2012 so far.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:06 AM   #5
CeeBee
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101389
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Ti 5-Door 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 CeeBee Good Standing Member
I've not updated (v3.0.2)... I'm scared!
Old 10-19-2012, 09:17 AM   #6
gsxrboy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103574
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 3 gsxrboy Good Standing Member
I have 3.0.2 which came with the car and it has worked extremely well. No major issues seen and all works well via voice and touch screen.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/gsxrboy/focus
Old 10-19-2012, 09:33 AM   #7
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
I have not updated since 2.11
2.11 works fine for me (tho i know not for all of us) and has rebooted only 2 times since June '11 when i got the car (build date of 6 may 11). Yes, sometimes it's a bit 'laggy' but it works as ford says it would. I am not fond of the missing info nor the simplified layout of the newer versions. The couple times i took my car for servicing at the dealer i left a sticky note on the mft screen saying NOT to update (they were puzzled about that). When i get definitive info from FF members that a newer update is the 'real' fix then i'll update but not before.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #8
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90974
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
I have not updated and probably never will unless they seriously get it fixed right. I am still running the orginal v2.10 MFT and it works great in all aspects ... I actually enjoy it and it works as advertised. No regrets with MFT as long as I don't update it will hopefully always keep working well.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:55 PM   #9
Woggy64
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104328
What I Drive: '12 Ti 5dr with sport pkg & sunroof

FF Reputation: 1 Woggy64 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrboy View Post
I have 3.0.2 which came with the car and it has worked extremely well. No major issues seen and all works well via voice and touch screen.
Same here, except for losing the preset button flags twice. Switching to different band and back makes them reappear.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #10
peridigm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103341
What I Drive: 12', Ti wrapped

FF Reputation: 1 peridigm Good Standing Member
I'm on 3.0.2 as well and have minor problems. Car is going to dealer Monday for other issues and sync update. I'll post my results.

Bookmarks & Social Networks