Rattles Galore - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 03:58 PM   #31
PratoN
Focus Fanatic
 
PratoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88058
Location: Milwaukee, WI
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Posts: 3,733
FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
Funny that you mention felt. That's pretty much what I used between the rubber vapor barrier and plastic panel to stop my door rattles.
Exactly.

Now go find a dealer willing to go to Wal-Mart and buy $0.50 worth of felt for your car. If you find such a dealer, hook a brotha up.
__________________
2012 FF Ti HB Kona Blue, Built 5/24/2011, 401A + Ti Handling Package, Parking Technology Package, Winter Package, Moonroof, and MFT w/NAV at v3.6 91k miles and counting...
PratoN is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-31-2012, 04:03 PM   #32
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend
 
TboneZX3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 90494
Location: Jackson, MO
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

Posts: 2,179
FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Exactly.

Now go find a dealer willing to go to Wal-Mart and buy $0.50 worth of felt for your car. If you find such a dealer, hook a brotha up.
I can't find one, and that's exactly why I do my own work for fixes like this. I've pretty much had to come up with a solution for rattles in every Ford car I've owned in the past 24 years, so this doesn't seem out of the ordinary.

Let's face it--diagnosing and fixing rattles like this take time and experimentation. If a fix takes experimentation, rather than just a new Ford part, it is very likely that you won't get satisfaction from a dealer.
__________________
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
TboneZX3 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:07 PM   #33
PratoN
Focus Fanatic
 
PratoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88058
Location: Milwaukee, WI
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Posts: 3,733
FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
Let's face it--diagnosing and fixing rattles like this take time and experimentation. If a fix takes experimentation, rather than just a new Ford part, it is very likely that you won't get satisfaction from a dealer.
Now The Rolling Stones are playing in my head... haha
__________________
2012 FF Ti HB Kona Blue, Built 5/24/2011, 401A + Ti Handling Package, Parking Technology Package, Winter Package, Moonroof, and MFT w/NAV at v3.6 91k miles and counting...
PratoN is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:32 PM   #34
Justintoxicated
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fan#: 103386
Location: San Diego, CA
What I Drive: Silver Focus 2012 Titanium MFT

Posts: 190
FF Reputation: 1 Justintoxicated Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My Ti Focus is getting really bad too, when I drove it home 2k miles ago there were no noises.

Now I have rattles from the headliner console, something from the front left near the windshield, both door panels all over, the back right I think near the hatch. the pillar between the front and back door on the passenger side, and I believe something around the tweeters or pillar area in front also passenger window. And hell this is when listening to audio books, any music with bass is much much worse. It seems to vary some with temperature, but I'm not 100% on that. It's starting to drive me nuts since they are loud enough to disturb me from relaxing and listening to my books while driving.
Justintoxicated is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:08 AM   #35
Tiger-Heli
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Fan#: 12379
Location: Georgia, United States
What I Drive: 2002 French Blue SE Sedan

Posts: 588
FF Reputation: 4 Tiger-Heli Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I'd expect it to vary with temperature and be worse in cold weather as the panels contract and leave more gap between them - at least it works that way with my 2002.
Tiger-Heli is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #36
PratoN
Focus Fanatic
 
PratoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88058
Location: Milwaukee, WI
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Posts: 3,733
FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
Now I have rattles from the headliner console, something from the front left near the windshield, both door panels all over, the back right I think near the hatch. the pillar between the front and back door on the passenger side, and I believe something around the tweeters or pillar area in front also passenger window[...]
Same rattles here - rear doors with bass, front tweeter, passenger seat track (or the butt cushion - not quite sure yet), passenger front door (I think?), headliner, etc. I laugh when people say they don't like the quality of the Sony speakers and they replace them. They must have been rattle-free because the quality of the speakers is nothing compared to all the rattles I'm hearing!
__________________
2012 FF Ti HB Kona Blue, Built 5/24/2011, 401A + Ti Handling Package, Parking Technology Package, Winter Package, Moonroof, and MFT w/NAV at v3.6 91k miles and counting...
PratoN is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #37
FordService
Official Ford Rep
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79824
Location: Dearborn, MI
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Posts: 4,137
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hi everyone,

Some of you prefer the DIY route for these kinds of concerns, but those of you who want my assistance with a case escalation should feel free to shoot me a PM. Give me your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and daytime phone number; I'll loop in your regional customer service managers. They'll get your dealerships on the phone and get your rattles addressed pronto.

As always, let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
Crystal
__________________
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #38
Justintoxicated
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fan#: 103386
Location: San Diego, CA
What I Drive: Silver Focus 2012 Titanium MFT

Posts: 190
FF Reputation: 1 Justintoxicated Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi everyone,

Some of you prefer the DIY route for these kinds of concerns, but those of you who want my assistance with a case escalation should feel free to shoot me a PM. Give me your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and daytime phone number; I'll loop in your regional customer service managers. They'll get your dealerships on the phone and get your rattles addressed pronto.

As always, let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
Crystal
Thanks, I'm sure I'll be in touch at some point. But I'm waiting for them to get worse for now. Plus someone rear ended my car at a stoplight, right after I finished the first payment, so I gotta deal with that first.
Justintoxicated is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #39
YesMAN
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Fan#: 102901
Location: Hoboken, NJ
What I Drive: '12 SEL

Posts: 50
FF Reputation: 1 YesMAN Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
My Ti Focus is getting really bad too, when I drove it home 2k miles ago there were no noises.

Now I have rattles from the headliner console, something from the front left near the windshield, both door panels all over, the back right I think near the hatch. the pillar between the front and back door on the passenger side, and I believe something around the tweeters or pillar area in front also passenger window. And hell this is when listening to audio books, any music with bass is much much worse. It seems to vary some with temperature, but I'm not 100% on that. It's starting to drive me nuts since they are loud enough to disturb me from relaxing and listening to my books while driving.
Can't be! Ford said this in the Focus Source Book:

Squeak and Rattle Elimination
Digital prototyping tools helped engineers ensure
tight gaps and precise fits of the interior trim, helping
reduce interior noise levels
Interior materials have been carefully chosen to be
compatible and not rattle or squeak when assembled
Instrument panel design has a high resonant frequency
to help reduce powertrain and road vibrations

Ha ha, what a joke. But seriously, Consumer Reports gave the focus an "excellent" rating on squeaks and rattles. Wierd.
YesMAN is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:35 PM   #40
skiboarder119
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 98455
Location: minneapolis, MN
What I Drive: 2012 black TI 5spd

Posts: 90
FF Reputation: 1 skiboarder119 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
All marketing jibberish. And consumer reports probably had a new car, not one that has seen temperature cycling and use.
skiboarder119 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.