Rattles Galore - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #21
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriously Focused View Post
I have never seen a more jacked up repair job from a dealer.

Jamming a piece of foam in there is NOT the way to address anything.
Makes me wonder if I could open my own dealership and do any better myself...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 07:15 AM   #22
Joey D
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86391
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Titanium 5-Dr

FF Reputation: 2 Joey D Good Standing Member
I have some pretty awful rattles in my car, there's one in dash that's horrid. I think it's in the heating/defroster because occasionally when the defroster kicks on there's a flapping noise. There's a few in the back seat area too, but I sort of expected that with having the OEM subwoolfer in the back.

It's a pain to arrange something at the dealer, but as soon as my work schedule levels out I'm going to take the car in. I've always bad luck with rattle fixes though because it seems like it just causes more issues then it solves.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:42 AM   #23
ricomtl
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97818
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch Tx. Black

FF Reputation: 1 ricomtl Good Standing Member
same here, rattle just started 2 days ago... at 7500miles. Seems like it's coming from the top of the rear passenger's door... and also suddenly, my arm rest (driver's door) rattles/squeaks like there's no tomorrow.

I cannot believe I have 3 1/2yrs left with this piece of s..... So many things are falling apart in this car and it's only 6 months old.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:31 AM   #24
hamiltonian
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100878
What I Drive: 2006 Jetta TDi

FF Reputation: 1 hamiltonian Good Standing Member
I really think it's better to try to fix these interior problems yourself, to the extent possible, rather than handing the car over to a dealer. No matter how good the techs are, the fact remains they are busy and this isn't their car, their property, their pride and joy. Interior materials are easily damaged or scuffed. Sure, you can ask them to replace the damaged piece, but then that "repair" could cause further issues, more squeeks, etc. Fix what you can (I would recommend getting a trim removal tool), or just turn up the stereo. 4 or 5 years of daily driving from now, the interior will likely have rattles, stains, etc. no matter what you do.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:52 AM   #25
Joey D
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86391
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Titanium 5-Dr

FF Reputation: 2 Joey D Good Standing Member
Any idea how hard it is to remove the dash piece? It looks rather large.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:01 AM   #26
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
... All are crazy annoying. But the first one is by far the worse. I've had it since I bought the car, the dealer's tried to fix it multiple times, and it's still there... 13,500+ miles later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey D View Post
I have some pretty awful rattles in my car, there's one in dash that's horrid...It's a pain to arrange something at the dealer, but as soon as my work schedule levels out I'm going to take the car in. I've always bad luck with rattle fixes though because it seems like it just causes more issues then it solves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricomtl View Post
same here, rattle just started 2 days ago... at 7500miles. Seems like it's coming from the top of the rear passenger's door... and also suddenly, my arm rest (driver's door) rattles/squeaks like there's no tomorrow...
Hey folks,

I'd like to step in and help each of you. Please give me some details over PM, including your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and daytime phone number; I'll start investigating some options.

Thanks!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 10-31-2012, 12:48 PM   #27
daemoniscinxi
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 72911
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 daemoniscinxi Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by onestout View Post
rattles and all interior noises are really annoying, most american cars suffer from this. My aunt takes dollar bills and stuffs them into the cracks to stop the noises in her Denalli, at least when she needs a couple bucks she knows where to find them.
I've had better success with stuffing the cracks with the Benjamins. Dollars just won't do for the amount of rattles my focus has.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:03 PM   #28
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hey folks,

I'd like to step in and help each of you. Please give me some details over PM, including your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and daytime phone number; I'll start investigating some options.

Thanks!
Crystal
I appreciate your help. I've already communicated with Thomas and played the CSM game. The problem is once it leaves your hands... my CSM seems to do nothing more than call and ask "have you taken it in?" or tell me to "call her when I've scheduled an appointment with my dealer." Not sure what that's buying me.

My (second) dealer has been great in terms of service and communication. The first one was godawful. Anyway, they've acknowledged the rattles but can't seem to do anything to actually fix them. They've tried, but they're still there. I just don't see anything but going in circles - and wasting my time costing me $$ for all the gas to drive to/from the dealer...

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 10-31-2012, 03:35 PM   #29
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Anyway, they've acknowledged the rattles but can't seem to do anything to actually fix them. They've tried, but they're still there. I just don't see anything but going in circles - and wasting my time costing me $$ for all the gas to drive to/from the dealer...
I feel like dealers aren't trying hard enough and/or they're just putting in the components that have part numbers from Ford.

I don't care if they use RTV silicone/caulk and piece of felt! As long as it doesn't interfere with something else (e.g. causing issues with the windows or speakers) and I can't see the caulk/felt and my rattles are gone, I'll be happy.

But it seems like the dealer will take the door panel off, replace the door clips (if you're lucky) and throw it back together without actually addressing what's causing the rattle.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:39 PM   #30
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
I don't care if they use RTV silicone/caulk and piece of felt! As long as it doesn't interfere with something else (e.g. causing issues with the windows or speakers) and I can't see the caulk/felt and my rattles are gone, I'll be happy.
Funny that you mention felt. That's pretty much what I used between the rubber vapor barrier and plastic panel to stop my door rattles.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.

Bookmarks & Social Networks