SO i just got in an accident... - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #31
k1ngkev1n1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103124
What I Drive: 2012 ford focus SEL

Points 3,285, Level 35
Points: 3,285, Level: 35 Points: 3,285, Level: 35 Points: 3,285, Level: 35
Level Up 57% Completed
Level up: 57% Level up: 57% Level up: 57%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 k1ngkev1n1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson9923 View Post
Just for an idea on cost for the repairs, i got backed into on the passenger side behind the front tire in line with the A pillar; the lady dented both the door and wheel well, broke a hinge and some door clips, and minor paint damage. $3,000 damage not including the rental.
Damn! Wonder if my cars totaled then think kbb is like 16k now or lower.... They gotta pay for my clear bra and magnaflow exhaust if it was damaged as well...
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #32
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ngkev1n1 View Post
Damn! Wonder if my cars totaled then think kbb is like 16k now or lower.... They gotta pay for my clear bra and magnaflow exhaust if it was damaged as well...
No they don't.

Things you add on your own are generally not covered unless you've added enough and your insurance company adds that condition to your policy.

Otherwise they have no reason to.

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
Old 10-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #33
craigsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97985
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE

FF Reputation: 6 craigsfocus Good Standing Member
When I got rear ended. The other guy's insurance company (Farmers) paid for everything, including Rental car for a week. The total bill to the insurance company was a little over $1300 at the Ford Dealership. I didn't have any front damage and I don't have any sensors. All they replaced was the rear bumper cover and the impact foam and painted it. Take your car to a Good Ford Dealership with a Collision Center, that way you know you are getting OEM parts with OEM paint. If the damage goes into the floor boards or frame, push to have it totaled if the insurance company doesn't do it. If the car is safe without any damage to the floor boards or frame, look into getting the Depreciated Value of your car. In most states, the insurance company is required to give you the difference of a car that is exactly like yours in perfect condition versus your car after the repairs.

Active Duty US Army. MOS 91E (Machinist). OEF Vet.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #34
k1ngkev1n1
Focus Enthusiast

Points 3,285, Level 35
Level Up 57% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
No they don't.

Things you add on your own are generally not covered unless you've added enough and your insurance company adds that condition to your policy.

Otherwise they have no reason to.
Yes they are paying for it. Collision center will do it and they are paying! F that!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #35
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,588, Level 65
Points: 9,588, Level: 65 Points: 9,588, Level: 65 Points: 9,588, Level: 65
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsfocus View Post
When I got rear ended. The other guy's insurance company (Farmers) paid for everything, including Rental car for a week. The total bill to the insurance company was a little over $1300 at the Ford Dealership. I didn't have any front damage and I don't have any sensors. All they replaced was the rear bumper cover and the impact foam and painted it. Take your car to a Good Ford Dealership with a Collision Center, that way you know you are getting OEM parts with OEM paint. If the damage goes into the floor boards or frame, push to have it totaled if the insurance company doesn't do it. If the car is safe without any damage to the floor boards or frame, look into getting the Depreciated Value of your car. In most states, the insurance company is required to give you the difference of a car that is exactly like yours in perfect condition versus your car after the repairs.
You don't know that you're getting OEM parts unless you insist on them, otherwise the insurance company will order the shop to purchase parts from their sources and will likely either be reconditioned/salvaged parts, used parts, or pattern parts that won't be 100% correct but save them the money of doing things the right way and the shop is required to do what the insurance companies want or so it seems, so unless you scream loud enough that some one listens they will only look after their bottom line. I may be going through this nightmare now even though it was taken to a Ford dealer body shop for repair. Don't just assume they will use 100% O.E. parts unless you're willing to pay the difference. Ugh, why should a 5 month or newer car be repaired with fake parts? WTF is wrong with the insurance industry....
Old 10-23-2012, 08:07 PM   #36
k1ngkev1n1
Focus Enthusiast

Points 3,285, Level 35
Level Up 57% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
You don't know that you're getting OEM parts unless you insist on them, otherwise the insurance company will order the shop to purchase parts from their sources and will likely either be reconditioned/salvaged parts, used parts, or pattern parts that won't be 100% correct but save them the money of doing things the right way and the shop is required to do what the insurance companies want or so it seems, so unless you scream loud enough that some one listens they will only look after their bottom line. I may be going through this nightmare now even though it was taken to a Ford dealer body shop for repair. Don't just assume they will use 100% O.E. parts unless you're willing to pay the difference. Ugh, why should a 5 month or newer car be repaired with fake parts? WTF is wrong with the insurance industry....
As soon as I get the report on what needs to be fixed I will let them know to only use Oem parts. Anyone know how it works if its totalled?
Old 10-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #37
suss6052
Focus Addict

Points 9,588, Level 65
Level Up 80% Completed
Forum Activity 33%
Quote:
As soon as I get the report on what needs to be fixed I will let them know to only use Oem parts. Anyone know how it works if its totalled?
You can request this, but chances are they won't do it (use oem parts for everything. Its pissing me off royally in my case as I said no to what the insurance wanted to do but no one ever listens to me anyway. So I may as well have shot myself in the head in front of everyone for all the good it did.

As to it being totaled unless you have gap coverage you will still owe the balance between the loan balance and what the car was worth to the insurance company to write it off.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #38
craigsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97985
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE

FF Reputation: 6 craigsfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
I guess I screamed loud enough. The dealership I took mine to, was also the one I bought it from. They ordered the parts I needed and called me in when they arrived so I could drop off the car. They had a Rental waiting for me when I arrived.

Active Duty US Army. MOS 91E (Machinist). OEF Vet.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #39
k1ngkev1n1
Focus Enthusiast

Points 3,285, Level 35
Level Up 57% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Quote:
You can request this, but chances are they won't do it (use oem parts for everything. Its pissing me off royally in my case as I said no to what the insurance wanted to do but no one ever listens to me anyway. So I may as well have shot myself in the head in front of everyone for all the good it did.

As to it being totaled unless you have gap coverage you will still owe the balance between the loan balance and what the car was worth to the insurance company to write it off.
What happened in your case? How do u know if they put oem parts on or not?
Old 10-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #40
suss6052
Focus Addict

Points 9,588, Level 65
Level Up 80% Completed
Forum Activity 33%
Quote:
What happened in your case? How do u know if they put oem parts on or not?
Because I was there for the original estimate and the insurance estimate, and the insurance jokers found fewer items wrong and used their data base to find reconditioned/ used/ or fake parts to save them money and the shop has to use whatever the insurance company says at least as long as the parts actually exist, or so I was told despite insisting otherwise.

I'll know if they end up putting on an SE flat black grille on the bumper cover as that won't match my piano black grilles, or if the fog lamp and housing don't match.

I'm already ticked off just thinking about it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.