2001 Ford Focus Dash Light mod? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > SPI Performance (2000-2004)

SPI Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Split Port Injection engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
iB Chunkyboy
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 105705
What I Drive: White 2001 Ford Focus LX 4DR Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 iB Chunkyboy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2001 Ford Focus Dash Light mod?

a kid at my school has a ford explorer and his gauges and so on light up blue instead of the stock green!

i own a 2001 ford focus LX Sedan 4 door! was wondering if anyone had ever changed the lights and whats required??? let me know!

p.s. i wanna do red!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
Tymes
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94124
What I Drive: 02 SE SOHC SPI

FF Reputation: 8 Tymes Good Standing Member
Lots of people have done it, mine are blue.

The instructions are in the How TO threads. Theres both changing the color of the dials and for the LED panel. It takes some time and a fair bit of patience, so and extra cluster can be handy, so you can still use your car. :)

The main thing is you have to remove the layer behind the numbers and each location that lights up, and buying colored led lights to replace the stock clear lights.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #3
iB Chunkyboy
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymes View Post
Lots of people have done it, mine are blue.

The instructions are in the How TO threads. Theres both changing the color of the dials and for the LED panel. It takes some time and a fair bit of patience, so and extra cluster can be handy, so you can still use your car. :)

The main thing is you have to remove the layer behind the numbers and each location that lights up, and buying colored led lights to replace the stock clear lights.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...&postid=549583 i found this one but this only appears to do the needle colors! i want all the spedo numbers and gas gauge to be backlight red
Old 11-07-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
Tymes
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94124
What I Drive: 02 SE SOHC SPI

FF Reputation: 8 Tymes Good Standing Member
This link HERE is for the odometer. To do the speedo and tach and other face gauges you sand the backing layer behind the text or symbols and replace the OEM bulbs with LEDs of your color choice. I know there's a how to somewhere for it, just can't find it right now.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #5
jlawlax1344
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99464
What I Drive: 2003-CD Silver-SPI-5spd

Points 186, Level 3
Points: 186, Level: 3 Points: 186, Level: 3 Points: 186, Level: 3
Level Up 72% Completed
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 jlawlax1344 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Also if your not mr DIY or have the time or experience PM starfuryt550 and he does led swaps for the gauges door locks window buttons headlight switch upper and lower hvac units as well. I bought an entire led interior swap kit from him and it looks amazing (in blue) in my car!!!
2 12" rockford fosgate subs,1500w Hifonics amp, throttle spacer, performance chip, FSWerks 2.5" race exhaust, custom CAI w/Spectre 10.5x6 filter Blue leds all around pulsating in the trunk, smoked taillights and turn signals
Old 11-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #6
iB Chunkyboy
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawlax1344 View Post
Also if your not mr DIY or have the time or experience PM starfuryt550 and he does led swaps for the gauges door locks window buttons headlight switch upper and lower hvac units as well. I bought an entire led interior swap kit from him and it looks amazing (in blue) in my car!!!

Even better! for this im assuming you just pull yours out put his in? :D
Old 11-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #7
jlawlax1344
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99464
What I Drive: 2003-CD Silver-SPI-5spd

Points 186, Level 3
Points: 186, Level: 3 Points: 186, Level: 3 Points: 186, Level: 3
Level Up 72% Completed
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 jlawlax1344 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iB Chunkyboy View Post
Even better! for this im assuming you just pull yours out put his in? :D
Yes it was a total plug and play. He is great if you need help he can send a PDf for the install and with a core swap I think mine was like 150 for the entire conversion. PM him and he will get you all the details.
2 12" rockford fosgate subs,1500w Hifonics amp, throttle spacer, performance chip, FSWerks 2.5" race exhaust, custom CAI w/Spectre 10.5x6 filter Blue leds all around pulsating in the trunk, smoked taillights and turn signals

Bookmarks & Social Networks