anyone else data logging regularly? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
2kwik4u
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102523
What I Drive: '12-Sonic Blue-5dr/5spd/203A/Roof

FF Reputation: 1 2kwik4u Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
anyone else data logging regularly?

Since I had the loss of power issue a few weeks back I've been data logging my trips into and home from work. Interesting data if nothing else good comes of it.

Question is what to do with the "door" that covers the OBD2 port. I'm currently just letting it hang down but occasionally bonk it with my foot when getting in/out of the car.

Any thoughts on how to handle that from the resident interior guru's?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2013, 11:14 PM   #2
ShoOff
Focus Addict

Fan#: 109590
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 16 ShoOff Great Standing Member
What r u using for data logging?
Old 07-03-2013, 04:31 AM   #3
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Yes, there is a data logging thread in the Ti-VCT performance section. As for the OBD door, all you need is an OBD right - angle extension cord. It will give you the room to close the door and still be plugged in.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #4
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

This is the extension I bought:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The low profile right-angle will give you enough room to keep the door closed. In addition, you will need to unclip the OBDII port from its hole in the dash to allow it to "retract" further into the dash. I just keep the extension coiled up behind the port, and plug the sensor in when I need it--hidden back above the "dead pedal". Of course, you can run the extension to wherever you feel is convenient.

This thread contains some Torque logs and discussion: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=319243
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #5
bigliketexas
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109094
What I Drive: 13' SE|HB

FF Reputation: 1 bigliketexas Good Standing Member
If you look at the ODBII port you should see a white clip on each side. Press them in and push back. This should unhinge the port and allow you to leave your dongle attached always.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #6
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigliketexas View Post
If you look at the ODBII port you should see a white clip on each side. Press them in and push back. This should unhinge the port and allow you to leave your dongle attached always.
Not the larger ones like mine. I had to unclip the port and use the extension above, as I described. Many OBD adapters are stilll too long and fat to fit without the extension cord.
Hatch Nation #90

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->