2007 RADIO questions - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-18-2012, 07:49 AM   #1
Richard1955
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105003
What I Drive: 2007, Cloud White, SE Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 Richard1955 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2007 RADIO questions

Hi all- I just joined and have a 2007 SE wagon. I have the single cd/mp3 radio.
I have some questions:
1. The "Aux" button says no aux. I have read about some expensive adapter that can be added, I assume for iPod input? What can anyone tell me about that?
2. Another button mutes the sound and has an icon for a phone. Does this radio have some sort of connection for hands free cell phone use?
3. I think I read that the 2008 radios had the first version of SYNC. Would this radio work in my 2007?
Thanks for any help. I look forward to my membership here, and someday sharing information.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 22 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1955 View Post
Hi all- I just joined and have a 2007 SE wagon. I have the single cd/mp3 radio.
I have some questions:
1. The "Aux" button says no aux. I have read about some expensive adapter that can be added, I assume for iPod input? What can anyone tell me about that?
2. Another button mutes the sound and has an icon for a phone. Does this radio have some sort of connection for hands free cell phone use?
3. I think I read that the 2008 radios had the first version of SYNC. Would this radio work in my 2007?
Thanks for any help. I look forward to my membership here, and someday sharing information.
1. An over priced component would allow you an auxiliary input, such as this one. gives you the ability to connect RCA style inputs, you would then be able to add an rca to 3.5mm head phone jack to connect your ipod. No display or ipod controls from head unit though.

2. There is no connectivity for cell phones... its simply an icon for muting so you can talk on the phone.

3. there are too many different parts for the sync system to be able to retroactively install in an earlier model focus. It's not just a head unit thing.

To me, it is not cost effective to install any of the above options. Not when you can purchase a proper after market head unit that will sound and work better for around the same money or a far superior unit for more money. We have a double din size dash, you can fit some really nice and feature rich head units in that space.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #3
FocusedSlayer
has a screw loose

Fan#: 59042
What I Drive: 2007 CD Silver Sedan SE w/Sap

FF Reputation: 34 FocusedSlayer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
You'll need an adapter for the AUX input , but most of the time it turns out to be cheaper to go ahead and go with an aftermarket head unit .
Team Duratec #01,Sedan Revolution#4, Elder FocusedSlayer, Gump Crew 21

February 2012 Sedan of The Month
Old 10-18-2012, 09:06 AM   #4
Richard1955
Focus Rookie

Thanks for the help. Another question- Is this something that would work?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-FORD-FAC...8c06d4&vxp=mtr

AND- could I add this-the steering wheel mounted radio controls? Is the wiring in place for this?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-06-07-FOC...3b1d5b&vxp=mtr

Thanks again!
Old 10-18-2012, 09:16 AM   #5
Kipp
FocusFest Event Team

Fan#: 31300
What I Drive: 2013 F150 4x4 5.0, 2014 HD 883 Iron

FF Reputation: 9 Kipp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
that aux adapter is an fm modulator. meaning it inputs through the antenna and plays through a FM station. not bad sound, but not the best either. a direct aux adapter would sound better.

i don't know if the steering wheel controls will work or not. you may need to modify the steering wheel for those to fit and if the headunit isn't compatable or you don't have the wiring for it through the car then it's a no go.

from what all you have mentioned i would just go with an aftermarket headunit. you can get one with aux, usb, bt built in. this will give you better sound quality than the factory with more options for about the same price.
Midwest Crew #22
Official FocusFest Event Planner
Old 10-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #6
Richard1955
Focus Rookie

Thanks. One last question for everyone (for the time being):
Can you recommend a new head unit for this car that will have iPod connectivity and perhaps bluetooth phone connectivity?
Thanks again.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #7
Kipp
FocusFest Event Team

Fan#: 31300
What I Drive: 2013 F150 4x4 5.0, 2014 HD 883 Iron

FF Reputation: 9 Kipp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
kinda depends on your price range. Pioneer makes some good units with simple ipod control through usb and a good BT system and can be very affordable if you need it. I personally use Kenwood Excelon in my car and love them. all the options and has more tuning options that I like. I would personally stay away from Sony. Not really impressed with their products.

Get on crutchfield's site and look around on there. find a few that have the features you want and are in your price range. One thing to keep in mind. i you are planning to have a shop install it plan on around $100 or so for parts and labor.
Midwest Crew #22
Official FocusFest Event Planner
Old 10-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #8
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 22 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
I was just looking at newegg's latest 72 hour sale and saw this guy:
Wireless In-Car Bluetooth FM $45

Not particularly nice looking but it has some pretty good reviews (which you dont usually get on FM transmitters.) Has line in/out and USB charging.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #9
Richard1955
Focus Rookie

I am vary capable of installing things myself. Thanks, all, for the help and advice!

Bookmarks & Social Networks