2013 Ford Focus Transmission - Page 15 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-12-2013, 11:25 AM   #141
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Titanium DCT Dilemma

FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGLFocus View Post
Anyone have more information around this TSB? My '13 has just-over 1k miles and still has some minor transmission shudder. But I've discovered that if you turn off Traction-Control, the shudder goes away completely. I believe this means it's a software issue and not an issue with the clutches.

Curious to see if this new TSB is a s/w fix that resolved the minor shudder issue.
This does nothing for me...still grinds and shifts like crap...

Sent from my SGH-T679 using FF Mobile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #142
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGLFocus View Post
But I've discovered that if you turn off Traction-Control, the shudder goes away completely. I believe this means it's a software issue and not an issue with the clutches.
I'd have to agree. My shudder from a stand still is slightly reduced with TC off, but it's still jerky and chatters in between shifts.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #143
ps56k
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 113269
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Hatch/SE

FF Reputation: 1 ps56k Good Standing Member
We just bought a 2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE - and have the 6spd auto trans....
Is this the trans being discussed ?

I notice that when it shifts into 3rd, there is a slight "rattle" ?
Old 04-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #144
penet05
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 111308
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 penet05 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps56k View Post
We just bought a 2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE - and have the 6spd auto trans....

Welcome to the club. Check here. http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312847
Old 04-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #145
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps56k View Post

Also, welcome to the MyFord Grind club...

I would suggest you read this, before you go to your dealer, just to prepare you for the scripted answers to your issues you will more than likely receive..

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312416
Old 04-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #146
Craig9080
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89667
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium, Sterling 401A 18"

FF Reputation: 1 Craig9080 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi everyone,

Questions about TSBs are best handled by the service manager at your local Ford dealership. Reach out to them and they'll be able to determine if your vehicle has any outstanding service actions.

Crystal
I'm going to go out and say that my Ford dealer service manager is horrible. Sales team was wonderful but the service department manager, not the mechanics below him, is as lazy as can be.

I was deployed and my wife went in to complain about very audible hitching and jerking in reverse that makes the car very dangerous to park in reverse and he dismissed her complaints because she was a woman. When I got back from being deployed I brought the car in about the issue, the Service Manager was out and every mechanic who drove in the car was very apologetic that the car was behaving so poorly and started to work the issue with Ford very diligently. Well, the Service Manager came back and made everyone stop working on our car, called Ford and convinced them that nothing was wrong with the car and that my wife and I where just being whiny. He then had the gall to call me up and tell me that I needed to return the rental and pick up our car today and that i never should have brought it in in the first place.

Horrible service from a horrible man.

Last edited by Craig9080; 04-20-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #147
rick217
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110731
What I Drive: FORMERLY a 2013 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 rick217 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig9080 View Post
I'm going to go out and say that my Ford dealer service manager is horrible. Thomaston Ford in Thomaston GA. Sales team was wonderful but the service department manager, not the mechanics below him, is as lazy as can be.

I was deployed and my wife went in to complain about very audible hitching and jerking in reverse that makes the car very dangerous to park in reverse and he dismissed her complaints because she was a woman. When I got back from being deployed I brought the car in about the issue, the Service Manager was out and every mechanic who drove in the car was very apologetic that the car was behaving so poorly and started to work the issue with Ford very diligently. Well, the Service Manager came back and made everyone stop working on our car, called Ford and convinced them that nothing was wrong with the car and that my wife and I where just being whiny. He then had the gall to call me up and tell me that I needed to return the rental and pick up our car today and that i never should have brought it in in the first place.

This is a load of crap being treated like that! I remember that dealerships used to treat people like that in the 1970s and 1980s. That's about the time the foreign car makers started winning over customers big time. By virtue of superior service regardless of the issues with the vehicle, Toyota, Honda, et al were better dealerships as a whole. This is what got the domestic big 3 in trouble in the first place. Things improved during the 1990s when then they realized they were losing customers at an alarming rate....Then in the last few years, well, seems like old habits die hard.
Almost as if now that Ford is making record profits again that they forgot about customer service. Ford had best address their dealer service, which IMO is a weak link in the system, or it will be 1980 all over again!

As for my Focus I have 3000 miles on it and I don't have any problems (not yet) but I feel it's just a matter of time. As soon as I get my title from the State of MI I'm cutting ties with this car. It will cost me a bit of $$ but I figure if I wait until I have issues it will be worth less. Call me crazy but I refuse to go through the same crap as I just did with "brand X".!!!!!
Old 04-23-2013, 02:00 PM   #148
Seriously Focused
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101141
What I Drive: 2012 SGM SE Sport 5 Dr

FF Reputation: 1 Seriously Focused Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig9080 View Post
I'm going to go out and say that my Ford dealer service manager is horrible. Sales team was wonderful but the service department manager, not the mechanics below him, is as lazy as can be.

They sure can be friendly selling you the car can't they :)

Before I buy my next car, I will go sit in the service dept. waiting area of the dealer where I might purchase. I figure with a few casual "chats" with current customers will help me gauge what my service experience might be.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #149
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriously Focused View Post
They sure can be friendly selling you the car can't they :)

Before I buy my next car, I will go sit in the service dept. waiting area of the dealer where I might purchase. I figure with a few casual "chats" with current customers will help me gauge what my service experience might be.
Also ask you multiple times to give them high marks on the review you will get after buying the car, I heard it several times and was reminded when I was handed the keys, I never heard from Ford or received anything in the mail to review my purchase, the dealer or rate anything.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #150
Robonaut
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90733
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Robonaut Good Standing Member
I think I may need to be added to the list of folks with transmission troubles.

I first noticed the issue about three weeks ago. I will be cruising between 35 and 40 MPH at about 1,500 RPM. I give the car very light pressure on the gas pedal to accelerate (usually to assist with getting up a hill). I will then hear a grinding sound coming from the front of the car and the steering wheel will usually shudder a bit. If I lift off the gas pedal, the sound and vibrations will cease, but if I begin to accelerate again, the noise and shudder return.

This seems to be worse after the car is warmed up.

I have a service appointment tomorrow for the dealer to look into it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks