2013 Ford Focus Transmission - Page 12 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #111
klb2sweet
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111671
What I Drive: 2013, Tuxedo Black Metallic, Titani

FF Reputation: 1 klb2sweet Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The dealership was suppose to call us yesterday about the situation and guess what? No call!!! The biggest issue I have is that the dealership doesn't want to be honest with us or step up and do the right thing. We have purchased 2 other vehicles from this dealership, so they can't say they haven't made any money off of us, cause they have! I'm not willing to wait 4 months for my car to be fixed. Something has to be done!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #112
klb2sweet
Focus Rookie

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what actions we should take next? Waiting up to 4 months for the car to be fixed because the dealership is waiting on parts, isn't an option. Besides, they don't even want to return phone calls at this point.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #113
Pendarus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94411
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 Pendarus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by klb2sweet View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what actions we should take next? Waiting up to 4 months for the car to be fixed because the dealership is waiting on parts, isn't an option. Besides, they don't even want to return phone calls at this point.

Take your paperwork showing the clutches need to be replaced to another dealer. Any dealer can do warranty work. Your dealer is lying if he says it will take 4 months to get parts.

Also check the other threads for the Ford rep and PM her. She will escalate your case. Tell her you need a new dealer to take it to that is willing to give you the service you deserve. Here is a link to Her profile

The Focus is a good little car and the transmission is wonderful. Unfortunately some bad seals are causing oil leaks that ruin the clutches and cause the problems you are describing. Other members on the board have had theirs replaced and it took care of the issues.
Build Date: 03/06/12
Delivery Date: 03/30/12

Last edited by Pendarus; 03-19-2013 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Add Link
Old 03-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #114
Kzoo2013Focus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 111303
What I Drive: 2013, Ruby Red, Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Kzoo2013Focus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by parker246 View Post
I am hoping to get some answers or hoping someone is having the same concern. When slowing down for a red light and then accelerating before coming to a complete stop the transmission slams into gear as if someone rear ended me. Also the other day I was out with my daughter shopping and when I came out to my car to leave the car started and I placed it into reverse but the car would not move. The engine would just revv but would not move. I turned the car off and tried again but nothing again. I then turned it off and let it sit for a few minutes and tried again before calling roadside assistance and it finally would move in reverse. I have not had it happen to me again but it worries me. Please help.
Sounds like a clutch issue when the engine revs and the car doesn't move in gear.

I have 1500 miles on my 2013 SE HB and have not had any transmission issues other than it getting stuck in gear when accelerating with the cruise control on, simple fix was to disengage cruise and hit the gas and it shifted (I've seen this behavior in pure automatic transmissions too so it didn't concern me). I think coming from driving a manual 5-speed for 10 years helps me with this car as it acts both like a manual and auto transmission in many ways and I'm just used to the quirks of a manual transmission. Like stalling at low speeds especially when backing up and rolling backwards on inclines when you push in the clutch (which I've never experienced yet in this car) which others have complained about in here.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #115
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Titanium DCT Dilemma

FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
Quote:
The crazy thing is that I paid just as much for my Titanium as I would have for the ST that was there on the lot!!! I feel really stupid!
I looked at an ST, but it wasn't the ST3, no HIDs. My wife cannot drive manual, bummer. Also there was no incentives on the ST, price was pretty static.

So I got the Titanium.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:32 AM   #116
klb2sweet
Focus Rookie

So, after waiting until the end of the day yesterday for the dealership to call me, I called them. They were suppose to call on Monday and didn't. I get the service manager on the phone and he says, "OH, yea, we got your parts in today and we should have your car done by tomorrow." and then he goes on to say, "I just wanted to call you and let you know the status, so that you were up to date with everything." I then said, "I called you!" He just continues to say the car should be done tomorrow. So, we shall see. I just hope that with is complete clutch replacement that the car performs like it should and everybody is Happy, Happy, Happy!!! I will keep you all informed. I really like the car, I just want it to work properly. My suggestion to anyone who is going through the same thing with their car is, keep pushing the dealer to do the right thing. Don't take, "that's normal" for an answer. If the car is still under warranty, make them fix it!!! That is what the warranty is for.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:48 AM   #117
shineboy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 60173
What I Drive: 2013 ST, 2004 Cobra

FF Reputation: 1 shineboy Good Standing Member
I had 2012 SEL, at 20k miles started to shudder at highway speed. Long story short version is trans was out if the car twice at Ford, replaced clutch pack (x2) seals and the case itself. Both times trans was leaking fluid. At 34k miles, countless dealer trips it still wasn't right and still shuddered. I no longer own the POS. With all that said trans does feel different and takes a little getting use to, little vibration at stop and a little weird at low speed... Those things I could live with but vibrating at highway speed and Ford telling me that is just the way the car is was total BS
Old 03-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #118
penet05
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 111308
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 penet05 Good Standing Member
Quote:
So, after waiting until the end of the day yesterday for the dealership to call me, I called them. They were suppose to call on Monday and didn't. I get the service manager on the phone and he says, "OH, yea, we got your parts in today and we should have your car done by tomorrow." and then he goes on to say, "I just wanted to call you and let you know the status, so that you were up to date with everything." I then said, "I called you!" He just continues to say the car should be done tomorrow. So, we shall see. I just hope that with is complete clutch replacement that the car performs like it should and everybody is Happy, Happy, Happy!!! I will keep you all informed. I really like the car, I just want it to work properly. My suggestion to anyone who is going through the same thing with their car is, keep pushing the dealer to do the right thing. Don't take, "that's normal" for an answer. If the car is still under warranty, make them fix it!!! That is what the warranty is for.
Happy for you. Did you have low RPM grinding(rattling) noise during light acceleration as well? Keep us updated about the outcome.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #119
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
So, after waiting until the end of the day yesterday for the dealership to call me, I called them. They were suppose to call on Monday and didn't. I get the service manager on the phone and he says, "OH, yea, we got your parts in today and we should have your car done by tomorrow." and then he goes on to say, "I just wanted to call you and let you know the status, so that you were up to date with everything." I then said, "I called you!" He just continues to say the car should be done tomorrow. So, we shall see. I just hope that with is complete clutch replacement that the car performs like it should and everybody is Happy, Happy, Happy!!! I will keep you all informed...
Hi klb2sweet,

Thanks for the update on your vehicle's status. Let us know how the car performs when you bring it home; if you need my assistance, send a PM my way.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 03-23-2013, 01:14 PM   #120
Arco-Zakus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 101658
What I Drive: 2014 SGM SE Sport Pkg Sedan 5sp-man

FF Reputation: 10 Arco-Zakus Great Standing Member
How many "broken" new cars is Ford unwilling or unable to fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineboy View Post
I had 2012 SEL, at 20k miles started to shudder at highway speed. Long story short version ... At 34k miles, countless dealer trips it still wasn't right and still shuddered. I no longer own the POS. ... vibrating at highway speed and Ford telling me that is just the way the car is was total BS
After that experience I'm curious why you were not deterred from buying your ST. If anything goes wrong with it that would have to be fixed under warranty (like the front suspension clunking or steering rack problems that non-ST's have had), wouldn't it be likely that you'd get the run-around with them, as well? I'm prepared to take some risk that I'll have some problems if I buy a 2013 SE, even without the DCT or MFT, but not if it looks like Ford would be more likely to screw me over than to do whatever it takes to fix them.

It's not likely that they will ever make public actual numbers for how many cars have experienced various problems and how many had either gotten fixed or not, but without that it's hard to tell how big or small that risk would be. (There was a time when that wouldn't slow me down because I'd just fix whatever needed fixing for myself, but those days are gone for me.)

BTW, whenever I see a white ST like in your avatar I can't help but visualize two big Performance Blue stripes down the middle of it. I guess that would blow it for flying under the radar around law enforcement officers, but there is a tradition going back almost 50 years that someone has to carry on.
http://image.mustangmonthly.com/f/30...elby_gt350.jpg

Bookmarks & Social Networks