2013 Ford Focus Transmission - Page 10 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #91
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhillsken View Post
Cory, I tried going to the site you suggested for submitting owner ideas and got a blank page. Has it changed?
Hi blackhillsken,

You can submit your suggestions to the "Your Ideas" tab of http://social.ford.com. Ideas are reviewed daily.

Thanks!

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #92
Bombadil
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 110973
What I Drive: 1997 Silver Acura Integra GS-R

FF Reputation: 1 Bombadil Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdab99 View Post
I've only had my Ti 13 (with handling package) for a couple of weeks. It has a build date of 11/2/13. I've put about 600 miles on it. First impressions - best and most fun car for the money that I've ever driven. The DCT has been perfect.
With that build date, you must have gotten a 2014!!! :)

With all of the comments about the transmission and me still in shopping mode, I dropped by my dealer this afternoon and put a Ti 13 w/handling package through a series of maneuvers. I test drove one last week, paying more attention to the handling and acceleration. And I test drove a '12 SE w/stick several months ago.

This time I slowly ambled around the dealer's lot. Going from 0-10 and back to 0. Putting it in reverse 3 times. Then took it down a 25 mph street, coming to a stop 3 or 4 times and accelerating a different rates. Then up onto an interstate taking it up to 80 in D, slowing to 40, then back to 80 in S. Then off onto a winding back road at speeds of 35 to 70. Using the thumb button to select gears.

My assessment of the transmission is that it is very good. Nary a shudder or jerk. Smooth in all modes. Quite responsive.

I test drove a used Audi A3 and a used BMW 328i this week. I wouldn't put the Focus tranny in their class, but it isn't far behind. Don't know if 500 miles down the road the DCT becomes a worthless POS, but as it drove today, I was impressed.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:13 AM   #93
hillcountryflt
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 110945
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 hillcountryflt Good Standing Member
I purchased my 2013 Focus Hatch TI with selectshift about a week or two ago and have not put many miles on the car - 200 or so (I ride my Harley more down here in Texas) but I did drop it off at the dealer because of the clatter. It actually sounded like the left tire was rubbing the fender well when I turned left. But also got it when I was going straight. Wish I had read through this thread before taking it in. They will have it a couple of days, most likely. The backup camera would not keep selected options and the audio system would have different media sources from time-to-time upon restart were other things on my check list with the dealer. and I went ahead and let them put on the front/rear mud flaps I had purchased from them (but at $100, ouch for install fee).
I find myself using the SS option in town a lot to avoid sluggish take-offs from stop signs and traffic lights.
I will say I am happy with the car so far. This is the first time I have had a 4-cylinder engine in anything with four wheels. Traded an 08 sporttrac for it. It won't keep up with my wife's 2011 Mustang, but it has been fun to drive so far. Making the move to a compact car was a big reach for me - I previously have owned F150s, crew-cab super duties and chevrolet HD2500 pickups.
I am going to have to check the build date.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #94
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillcountryflt View Post
I purchased my 2013 Focus Hatch TI with selectshift about a week or two ago and have not put many miles on the car - 200 or so (I ride my Harley more down here in Texas) but I did drop it off at the dealer because of the clatter. It actually sounded like the left tire was rubbing the fender well when I turned left. But also got it when I was going straight. Wish I had read through this thread before taking it in. They will have it a couple of days, most likely. The backup camera would not keep selected options and the audio system would have different media sources from time-to-time upon restart were other things on my check list with the dealer. and I went ahead and let them put on the front/rear mud flaps I had purchased from them (but at $100, ouch for install fee).
I find myself using the SS option in town a lot to avoid sluggish take-offs from stop signs and traffic lights.
I will say I am happy with the car so far. This is the first time I have had a 4-cylinder engine in anything with four wheels. Traded an 08 sporttrac for it. It won't keep up with my wife's 2011 Mustang, but it has been fun to drive so far. Making the move to a compact car was a big reach for me - I previously have owned F150s, crew-cab super duties and chevrolet HD2500 pickups.
I am going to have to check the build date.
Congratulations on getting a Focus and welcome to the forum, hillcountryflt! Let me know how it goes at the dealership; if you need any assistance from me, I'm just a PM away.

Crystal

Old 03-10-2013, 08:33 PM   #95
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Titanium DCT Dilemma

FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
I just got a 2013 Focus Titanium (built 2/2013), I really love the car, the build quality and features but the transmission is making the noise discussed here and all over the place. I have not mentioned anything to the dealer yet or took it for service because it feels fine and shifts are smooth. Just reading multiple reports that it's the dual dry clutch tranny at work, the grinding sound last through 1st to 2nd gear and then goes away, I suppose at higher speeds it's just not audible.

I am giving time to break-in and hope it improves. I just want to make sure the noise is indeed normal and being a previous manual tranny owner, I can say that I am use to some sounds not common in automatics.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #96
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeway Army View Post
I just got a 2013 Focus Titanium (built 2/2013), I really love the car, the build quality and features but the transmission is making the noise discussed here and all over the place. I have not mentioned anything to the dealer yet or took it for service because it feels fine and shifts are smooth. Just reading multiple reports that it's the dual dry clutch tranny at work, the grinding sound last through 1st to 2nd gear and then goes away, I suppose at higher speeds it's just not audible.

I am giving time to break-in and hope it improves. I just want to make sure the noise is indeed normal and being a previous manual tranny owner, I can say that I am use to some sounds not common in automatics.
I'm thrilled that you're loving your Focus, Tubeway Army! If you find yourself growing concerned about any transmission noise, your dealership is a good next step. I'm also available to assist by getting your case escalated. Keep in touch and let me know how things go!

Crystal

Old 03-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #97
PandT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110640
What I Drive: 2013 Titanium Hatch 18" Plat White

FF Reputation: 2 PandT Good Standing Member
Purchased 28 Feb. about 450 miles, don't even know how to find the build date (where is that?) First 200 miles worried me but it's a blast to drive now. I have some of the low speed shudder but only rarely, once today that I noticed, my main issue is that I don't have enough free time to drive it. Once you get used to way the tranny shifts you can do almost anything including power through corners. I have been leaving it in D so that I can get used to it and I have to say that while it was totally different from what I was used to (Auto's all my life) I am really loving it. Haven't heard any noises since I started learning MFT Kung Fu and got some of the voice command structure puzzled out. 35GB of WMA looseless music and all I have to do is ask for it and it plays, what tranny noise?

I know some have issues but I can't say enough good about the car, my wife even says that I love my new toy and I guess I do. I have a dealership appt. tomorrow but my only issue will be how long they take to install the mud flaps and where is my all season cargo mat that I asked for...
Old 03-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #98
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandT View Post
Purchased 28 Feb. about 450 miles, don't even know how to find the build date...
Hi PandT,

If you PM me your VIN, I can find your build date for you. :)

Crystal

Old 03-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #99
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillcountryflt View Post
Making the move to a compact car was a big reach for me - I previously have owned F150s, crew-cab super duties and chevrolet HD2500.
I feel your pain. Being a do-it-yourself kinda guy I need a truck for those trips to the home improvement store, but it's just not practical for the daily work commute. I just rent or borrow when I need one now.

Welcome to the club!
Old 03-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #100
hillcountryflt
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 110945
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 hillcountryflt Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
I feel your pain. Being a do-it-yourself kinda guy I need a truck for those trips to the home improvement store, but it's just not practical for the daily work commute. I just rent or borrow when I need one now.

Welcome to the club!
I made my decision based on what I need about 85-90 percent of the time. Still a Texan without a pickup truck - just ain't right (:
And sure enough the second day we had the car, wife looked at me and said how are we going to move...... Arghhhhh. Definitely won't fit in her Mustang.

Bookmarks & Social Networks