So Ford made a mistake that I'm okay with - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-14-2012, 10:49 PM   #31
manderson952
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91178
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 manderson952 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
Yes, most people don't drive behind their own cars.

Did Ford put Euro taillights on my car by mistake? I have no idea and I highly doubt that anyone else cares one bit.
aaannnd THIS is why they (ford) doesn't care either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2012, 12:43 AM   #32
Focus YBTC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97107
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Focus YBTC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
Umm...because LED accented if not full on LED lights look a lot better in person?

Just because you don't care doesn't mean others don't care - or do you just like to crap on other people's parades?
I care that you care sweety, is that good enough to be forgiven for other people's parade crapping?

Speaking of which, I really don't care for the multi-small LED lights that you see on BMWs and Audis and some other brand's head and tail lights. They always struck me me as a cheesy attempt and fail at making a proper Christmas tree decoration.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #33
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus YBTC View Post
I care that you care sweety, is that good enough to be forgiven for other people's parade crapping?

Speaking of which, I really don't care for the multi-small LED lights that you see on BMWs and Audis and some other brand's head and tail lights. They always struck me me as a cheesy attempt and fail at making a proper Christmas tree decoration.

Umm....okay? You make the mistake that just cause you don't see a need that there isn't a need at all. Flawed logic.

And you know WHY the R8 had those lights, right? Because the LMP1 racecar debuted with them as accenting and it became a Audi signature styling piece. Over the years and starting with the A4 they really fleshed out the design, now they are just solid bars instead of individual ones which helps the look.

BMW? What? BMW has had CCFL based angle eyes for a decade or so now, that is also their own signature look. Only in recent years did they upgrade them to LED based lighting.

Nowadays BMW, Mercedes and Audi offer full LED headlights. Headlights that offer better illumination and better visibility especially at night. Like that is a bad thing? Same with the taillights. They are instant, they are bright, they get the message across to traffic of your intentions. The only downside is that these lights do not generate heat which means they don't clear off frost as fast.

This is what they look like these days, properly awesome indeed. If you had bothered being in a car equipped with them.

As far as chintzy goes? Audi and BMW are the only ones with their own signature looks, everyone else happily stole from them. And unless you hate forward progress in automotive technology...

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
Old 10-15-2012, 11:30 AM   #34
Justintoxicated
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103386
What I Drive: Silver Focus 2012 Titanium MFT

FF Reputation: 1 Justintoxicated Good Standing Member
Do the Euro lights still have a reflector?
Old 10-15-2012, 11:48 AM   #35
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
Do the Euro lights still have a reflector?
Are we talking about the tail or head?

If headlight, then no they have no reflectors that are ambered up like ours are.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #36
Justintoxicated
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103386
What I Drive: Silver Focus 2012 Titanium MFT

FF Reputation: 1 Justintoxicated Good Standing Member
Quote:
Are we talking about the tail or head?

If headlight, then no they have no reflectors that are ambered up like ours are.

I was referring to the tails. I like the look of the euro lights better, but reflectors are very important from a safety perspective. The fronts certainly look better. I doubt i'd be willing to pay high dollar amounts for the change though.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:55 AM   #37
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
I was referring to the tails. I like the look of the euro lights better, but reflectors are very important from a safety perspective. The fronts certainly look better. I doubt i'd be willing to pay high dollar amounts for the change though.
Oh the rears will still have reflectors so you need not to worry about that aspect.

I'm also assuming that the rears because of Euro regulations also have rear fog lights though I'm doubtful you could wire that in with ease. Many cars that make the trip over here end up retaining the rear fog light ability just to save costs on parts but if I'm guessing right Ford engineered a different part for us.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #38
Berlin Bill
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99041
What I Drive: 2014 Blue Candy SE 5-door

FF Reputation: 1 Berlin Bill Good Standing Member
I would like to have the rear fog lights - even as an option. IIRC Mini offers them as an option.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #39
Citoriplus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100455
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Citoriplus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Oh the rears will still have reflectors so you need not to worry about that aspect.

I'm also assuming that the rears because of Euro regulations also have rear fog lights though I'm doubtful you could wire that in with ease. Many cars that make the trip over here end up retaining the rear fog light ability just to save costs on parts but if I'm guessing right Ford engineered a different part for us.
My company bought a bunch of Ford Transit Connect vans last year and when I got mine I noticed it had a Fog light switch in it, but no fog lights in the front valence panel.
It took a couple of weeks driving it before I figured out that the switch really did something.
Nobody bothered to read far enough in the owners manuals to find out that the fogs were actually part of the tail lights.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #40
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citoriplus View Post
My company bought a bunch of Ford Transit Connect vans last year and when I got mine I noticed it had a Fog light switch in it, but no fog lights in the front valence panel.
It took a couple of weeks driving it before I figured out that the switch really did something.
Nobody bothered to read far enough in the owners manuals to find out that the fogs were actually part of the tail lights.
Yea, some cars that have it you might never notice.

I mean even on Audis and VWs its a two stage pull of the headlight switch to activate them so most people might never know.

Now having said that, driving with the rear fogs on at all times can be annoying for whoever ends up behind you, I got stuck behind a BMW this morning and they were a bit overpowering for my eyes, almost as bright as the brake lights being on.

Bookmarks & Social Networks