Pulled my ST engine cover and found something strange... could use some help - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013 Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #31
rgonyer
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Fan#: 5268
Location: Iowa, United States
What I Drive: 2013 Tangerine Scream Focus ST3

Posts: 385
FF Reputation: 1 rgonyer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
WTF, how does something like that happen??? How many other "incorrect" parts could be installed on cars. Geez.
rgonyer is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-15-2012, 10:43 AM   #32
shineboy
Focus Enthusiast
 
shineboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Fan#: 60173
Location: Holly Springs, NC, United States
What I Drive: 2013 ST, 2004 Cobra

Posts: 173
FF Reputation: 1 shineboy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgonyer View Post
WTF, how does something like that happen??? How many other "incorrect" parts could be installed on cars. Geez.
I wonder about the rest of my car but I am hoping for the best...at least I was looking at the motor and saw it!

Another guy on here was saying it doesn't use a MAF but speed density tuning so the un-metered may not be bad but unfiltered is pretty bad IMO! Did adversly affect the cars performance though
shineboy is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #33
alaskanzx5
Focus Fanatic
 
alaskanzx5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Fan#: 82699
Location: Covert/south haven, MI
What I Drive: 2000 silver zx3

Posts: 1,625
FF Reputation: 6 alaskanzx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shineboy View Post
I wonder about the rest of my car but I am hoping for the best...at least I was looking at the motor and saw it!

Another guy on here was saying it doesn't use a MAF but speed density tuning so the un-metered may not be bad but unfiltered is pretty bad IMO! Did adversly affect the cars performance though
ive got 1 question, you where getting 12.5psi before and then 19 psi after. so you noticed that you werent getting the 19psi you should have been getting and didnt think of taking it into the dealership for that reason but when you see this open port you take it in?

i would have took it in when i noticed the turbo presure was only reaching up to 12.5psi specaily when it should be more along the lines of 20psi.
__________________
hn155: Rockford punch pro speakers, t400.4 deh 80prs, full audio build to come. working towards 175hp n/a, simple but fun.
alaskanzx5 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:15 PM   #34
shineboy
Focus Enthusiast
 
shineboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Fan#: 60173
Location: Holly Springs, NC, United States
What I Drive: 2013 ST, 2004 Cobra

Posts: 173
FF Reputation: 1 shineboy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanzx5 View Post
ive got 1 question, you where getting 12.5psi before and then 19 psi after. so you noticed that you werent getting the 19psi you should have been getting and didnt think of taking it into the dealership for that reason but when you see this open port you take it in?

i would have took it in when i noticed the turbo presure was only reaching up to 12.5psi specaily when it should be more along the lines of 20psi.
Well, valid question I guess... I did not know what kind of boost it should make until I read the fine print in the supplement that tells you the SAE HP #'s are at 19.5lbs. So day one, I did not know how many # it was suppose to make. No where it actually tells you how much boost it should make. So I really did not know, 12.5 could have been normal.

You would have taken in only if you knew what it is suppose to be... I would have done the same.
shineboy is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #35
alaskanzx5
Focus Fanatic
 
alaskanzx5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Fan#: 82699
Location: Covert/south haven, MI
What I Drive: 2000 silver zx3

Posts: 1,625
FF Reputation: 6 alaskanzx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
i see, i guess i just assumed you already knew it should be closer to 20 i think some have seen 23. you would think they would tell you when you test drove it or atleast they would have noticed it during the test drive but as long as they get theit money its all that matters to them
__________________
hn155: Rockford punch pro speakers, t400.4 deh 80prs, full audio build to come. working towards 175hp n/a, simple but fun.
alaskanzx5 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #36
rgonyer
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Fan#: 5268
Location: Iowa, United States
What I Drive: 2013 Tangerine Scream Focus ST3

Posts: 385
FF Reputation: 1 rgonyer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Are you kidding? Most salesdrones don't even know what trim levels of each vehicle they have without getting out the book. You think they'd know how much boost an ST is supposed to run?
rgonyer is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #37
alaskanzx5
Focus Fanatic
 
alaskanzx5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Fan#: 82699
Location: Covert/south haven, MI
What I Drive: 2000 silver zx3

Posts: 1,625
FF Reputation: 6 alaskanzx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
one would hope a sales person would be informed of some of the stats and functions of a car in order to increase their chance of selling it at a higher price. i have heard of saleman that couldnt even figure out how to correctly fold the seats down in the new st though so im not suprised to be honest.
__________________
hn155: Rockford punch pro speakers, t400.4 deh 80prs, full audio build to come. working towards 175hp n/a, simple but fun.
alaskanzx5 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #38
shineboy
Focus Enthusiast
 
shineboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Fan#: 60173
Location: Holly Springs, NC, United States
What I Drive: 2013 ST, 2004 Cobra

Posts: 173
FF Reputation: 1 shineboy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanzx5 View Post
one would hope a sales person would be informed of some of the stats and functions of a car in order to increase their chance of selling it at a higher price. i have heard of saleman that couldnt even figure out how to correctly fold the seats down in the new st though so im not suprised to be honest.
First time the sales guy was in one was when we test drove it. It arrived the same day I bought it. The sales guy was definitely a car guy though and knew a good bit. I really don't fault him or Ford or whoever... just one of them things
shineboy is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:18 PM   #39
alaskanzx5
Focus Fanatic
 
alaskanzx5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Fan#: 82699
Location: Covert/south haven, MI
What I Drive: 2000 silver zx3

Posts: 1,625
FF Reputation: 6 alaskanzx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Its the small issues they they are having that helped me say no though. You intake issuel, saw someone say something about intercooler issues. They will do a better job.on the next one and have better options
__________________
hn155: Rockford punch pro speakers, t400.4 deh 80prs, full audio build to come. working towards 175hp n/a, simple but fun.
alaskanzx5 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #40
shineboy
Focus Enthusiast
 
shineboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Fan#: 60173
Location: Holly Springs, NC, United States
What I Drive: 2013 ST, 2004 Cobra

Posts: 173
FF Reputation: 1 shineboy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanzx5 View Post
Its the small issues they they are having that helped me say no though. You intake issuel, saw someone say something about intercooler issues. They will do a better job.on the next one and have better options
maybe...maybe not but either way I am 100% happy and the little hicuup is behind me
shineboy is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.