SVT Nitrous question - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-11-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
nascaracing17
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92774
What I Drive: 2003 Sonic Blue SVT 2door

FF Reputation: 1 nascaracing17 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
SVT Nitrous question

would it be 100% safe to run a fifty or 75 shot of nitrous through a bone stock svt focus. i know they can handle boost well but i was wondering about nitrous. also how much does a typical 50-75 shot kit cost?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #2
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
With a wet kit , good tune and 93 octane fuel yes

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 10-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

FF Reputation: 34 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
it will take it fine so long as you have it tuned by someone like tom (1turbofocus) its never 100% safe for any big power adders though, there are risks. for example if you have an injector get clogged up and fail to pump enough fuel and 1 cylinder leans out then you are going to pop something. it will pop more quickly the bigger the shot you run but 50 shot of nitrous is very forgiving.

for a nicely dressed out nitrous kit with some bells and whistles you will spend about a grand for all new components. for a bare bones kit with nothing but bottle, lines, solenoid, arming switch, and a WOT switch you are going to be looking at about $650-$700 brand new. the jets (which control what size "shot" you run) are very cheap and cost about $15 apiece if i remember correctly.

if you are interested i have an old zex wet nitrous kit that i used awhile back that ill sell you for $650. i cannot remember what size jets i have in it currently so i would suggest buying new ones. i have a MSD rpm window switch so you can program the kit to only spray between certain rpms. this is very VERY nice to have so you dont spray at really low revs (2000-3500) and puddle nitrous in the intake manifold. that would be a bad thing because if that happens you can get a nasty nitrous backfire which i have seen cause many a mustang a busted plastic intake manifold at the track. ive also got a bottle warmer for it as well. this keeps the PSI in the bottle higher so you get a full hit from the spray every time when the bottle starts getting close to empty. i have everything needed for the kit except for the mounting brackets which i never had. ive just always mounted it with big ass zip ties lol. you will also have to tap a fuel line since i dont think the fuel rail adapter i have will work on a SVT fuel rail. ill even throw in the ORIGINAL zex installation instructions!

okay i cant help it, im feeling a billy maze moment come on....

but WAIT! there's MORE!!!
call now and ill throw in a haynes extreme focus owners handbook!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!

Bookmarks & Social Networks