Should I let my dealership replace seals/clutch? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
BigFuzzyArchon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87167
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch Sport Package

FF Reputation: 1 BigFuzzyArchon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Should I let my dealership replace seals/clutch?

Car is at 28k miles, its an early 2012 SE. I have gone back and gotten whatever TSB updates and stuff, just had the latest put on yesterday and the car feels better like usual.

The main problems are at ~35mph and ~55mph. If I am at those speeds, coasting, then going back onto the throttle I 100% get the shuddering and hear a very low shaking tone coming from the car.

I had my dealers transmission guy drive it, couldn't reproduce it exactly but he said he believes me and will replace the parts.

I guess I am wondering if it is worth my time to leave the car there for 3 days and have them do this work. Should I wait longer? I don't think the transmission is very bad, but I can pretty much reproduce the shaking low tone at those speeds as long as the car is hot.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
spektrum2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109690
What I Drive: 2012 oxford White Hatch SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 spektrum2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFuzzyArchon View Post
Car is at 28k miles, its an early 2012 SE. I have gone back and gotten whatever TSB updates and stuff, just had the latest put on yesterday and the car feels better like usual.

The main problems are at ~35mph and ~55mph. If I am at those speeds, coasting, then going back onto the throttle I 100% get the shuddering and hear a very low shaking tone coming from the car.

I had my dealers transmission guy drive it, couldn't reproduce it exactly but he said he believes me and will replace the parts.

I guess I am wondering if it is worth my time to leave the car there for 3 days and have them do this work. Should I wait longer? I don't think the transmission is very bad, but I can pretty much reproduce the shaking low tone at those speeds as long as the car is hot.

Thanks!
For what its worth mine had minor issues untill I had 13-04-05 performed.2 weeks later the clutches are shreaded.Now I cant say for sure they werent on the verge of going anyway and its just a co-incidence but its my personal opinion that the drastic change in shift patterns chewed them up.Mine drove like dream those 2 weeks then overnight everything changed.Anyway its my guess if your going to have problems theyll turn up soon anyway.Hope this helps.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Oh my God, do it. You might not get this chance again.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #4
spektrum2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109690
What I Drive: 2012 oxford White Hatch SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 spektrum2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
^ Prato N is right you should just go ahead.I lost sight of the problems people are having even getting it looked at because I'm so spoiled by the service I'm getting.My dealer just went ahead and ordered them as 2nd stage they called it.Anyway then you will have the latest of everything, parts and software,best do it before they change theyre mind.Its sad the quality of service is all over the map.Ford needs to adopt some of McDonalds ideas perhaps....
Well at least the part where its the same everywhere you go,not the quality lol.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #5
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Agreed!

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->