New here, please help on information.Thanks:) - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-09-2012, 02:40 AM   #1
First Timer
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89911
What I Drive: 2012 YellowBMT Focus SE HB

FF Reputation: 1 First Timer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
New here, please help on information.Thanks:)

Hello every one, I've been a proud owner of my 2012 Focus SE Hatchback Yellow Blaze. I've been registered on here last year when I bought it. Due to working 58 hrs a week, I'm limited on time on how much I'm on here. Anyway, I ordered my car last year and got it on my Birthday Sept 15. I replied to this issue on another thread and got no response yet but, the tread was quite sometime ago. Yesterday morning, I was driving down the road and went to push the radio button on and missed and hit the lock/unlock button. When I got home, I got out, locked the car with the key fob like I usually do started to walk away and forgot my coat. I looked inside before I unlocked it and there is this ( I ) information light blinking on my console! I swear up and down that It has never been there before!!! I looked at my owners manual and it really doesn't tell me anything. I ran a systems check through the console menu and all systems are normal. What In the world did I do to get the info light to start blinking? The other thread says that it is the PATS system. I greatly appreciate any help. Thank you everyone

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 08:07 AM   #2
sgmfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101095
What I Drive: 2012 sgm sedan se,sfe package

Points 221, Level 4
Points: 221, Level: 4 Points: 221, Level: 4 Points: 221, Level: 4
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 sgmfocus Good Standing Member
Never seen that one before,on mine the lock/unlock light(and footlights are real dim) stays on sometimes usually when its dark or overcast out eventually goes out.asked dealer they don;t know either
Old 10-09-2012, 09:24 AM   #3
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

Points 2,932, Level 33
Points: 2,932, Level: 33 Points: 2,932, Level: 33 Points: 2,932, Level: 33
Level Up 22% Completed
Level up: 22% Level up: 22% Level up: 22%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 12 dan50 Great Standing Member
While the symbol in my car is on the dashboard rather than the console, this is normal. It's just indicating the anti-theft system is engaged. This is common with newer cars, probably to discourage potential thieves.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
AZfocus2012
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92484
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum SEL 303A Focus

FF Reputation: 2 AZfocus2012 Good Standing Member
Is this the system that will lock you out if the keys are left in the ignition and the car is off? Mine locked me out one day, thank goodness it was in the garage at home.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:09 AM   #5
First Timer
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89911
What I Drive: 2012 YellowBMT Focus SE HB

FF Reputation: 1 First Timer Good Standing Member
Thank you so much for the replies and comments everyone Sorry for the late reply. My work offered free flu shots and I've been laying on the couch like a zombie for the past day or two With my Yellow Light Of Death on my PS3 and not working at all...I was/am still miserable Anyway, AZfocus2012: I think I tried that and it didn't lock me out. I really didn't think about it when I tested it. I was at work at the time instead at home where my spare key is at. Luckily, it opened. So far, I love my car and been saving a lot on gas The only problem is that I would REALLY like a lockable cap for my gas filler. I've done hrs on end of searches on this issue. Even seen threads on this. I just don't understand why they would make a lockable cap for all the rest of the models and weed out the Focus I've seen that some posted that the Mustang cap will work but, I called Ford and they told me that if I put something that wasn't designed for the car and something happens...my warranty goes out the window! However, I did find something cool. They now make seat covers that are side air bag safe Been waiting on them. Finally got a set on. I had to have them because, I work in a really environment and got tired of putting a towel on the seat.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:03 AM   #6
sgmfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101095
What I Drive: 2012 sgm sedan se,sfe package

Points 221, Level 4
Points: 221, Level: 4 Points: 221, Level: 4 Points: 221, Level: 4
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 sgmfocus Good Standing Member
The gas plug(cap) for a 2012 F150 truck works also on focus I've heard

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.