Best deal on SiriusXM service - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #1
raptor1956
Focus Addict

Fan#: 97725
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 raptor1956 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Best deal on SiriusXM service

My 6 month service expired in November and I've received a couple letters from them with offers but I'd like to know if there is any tricks to get the best deal. To be honest, I didn't use it that much before and wouldn't likely use it much now or later but it is nice to have.

So, how best to get a deal...

Brian

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 09:28 AM   #2
Monkeygrits
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 47691
What I Drive: 2013 Focus SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Monkeygrits Good Standing Member
The only way ive found to save money is pay it every 6 months or yearly or find a family member or a friend with it and put yours on their account as the discounted radio. I justify it because i don't buy cds anymore. Ba Ba Booey! Ba Ba Booey!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:30 AM   #3
UnleashedBeast
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100738
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 3 UnleashedBeast Good Standing Member
IMO, it's simply not worth it unless you spend a LOT of time in your car driving. Sure, I liked being able to briefly jump in on some comedy or news radio, but I also failed to renew my subscription. Mine expired yesterday.

Nope, just not worth it for me.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #4
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98516
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
I just re-upped with 6 months for $25 ... about $32 out the door after taxes and fees and stuff.

Just call the cancellation number and say you want to cancel. They'll ask you why you want to cancel ... tell them you don't drive very much and it's just too expensive. THen they'll offer you about $90 a year. I told them I knew there was a $25 for 6 month deal and they came back and said OK ... we can do that. Repeat 6 months later. etc. etc.

KInd of a pain every 6 montths, but worth it for Sirius for $5 a month. Also ... tell them to BILL YOU ... that way you don't give them a credit card so they can up it to $18.95 a month after the 6 months are up. You just get a bill in the mail after 6 months for the full amount, whidch will remind you to call again and do the cancellation thing.

REV
Old 12-26-2012, 09:36 AM   #5
Monkeygrits
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 47691
What I Drive: 2013 Focus SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Monkeygrits Good Standing Member
For a couple bucks more a month on top of your subscription you can use their app on your smartphone and stream it over the internet as well. I listen to it all the time mowing, cleaning the house etc. Plus you can use on demand on your phone. Its definetly not just in the car anymore. Another alternative for you would be to stream Pandora or iheart radio over your smartphone while its hooked up to the line in.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #6
treoless
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96715

FF Reputation: 1 treoless Good Standing Member
I only renewed the traffic portion. Got a 3-year plan for $123.69 (5 months free)
Old 12-27-2012, 09:46 AM   #7
raptor1956
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by treoless View Post
I only renewed the traffic portion. Got a 3-year plan for $123.69 (5 months free)
Yeah, it's the traffic portion I'm most interested in as well.

The two fliers (yellow) they sent me had various offers.

The last flier offers me:

* 50% off your next 12 months of Sirius Select package

"Call now to take advantage of this special offer and get 12 months of SiriusXM for only $86. Plus, we'll waive the reactivation fee, for a total savings of $102."

This offer is only for the audio channels and does not include the SiriusXM Traffic, Travel Link or Weather.

What kind of deals are there for just the traffic and weather stuff -- I see you got 3 years of traffic for about $124 but does that include weather?

Brian
Old 12-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #8
bassmobile
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95742
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Titanium Focus

FF Reputation: 2 bassmobile Good Standing Member
Best thing I did was purchase their Lifetime subscription years back when they offered it. It has well paid for itself! My current Focus is the forth car I have transferred it to since I got that plan.

I guess too many people were buying the Lifetime so they nixed it!
Old 12-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #9
treoless
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96715

FF Reputation: 1 treoless Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor1956 View Post
Yeah, it's the traffic portion I'm most interested in as well.

The two fliers (yellow) they sent me had various offers.

The last flier offers me:

* 50% off your next 12 months of Sirius Select package

"Call now to take advantage of this special offer and get 12 months of SiriusXM for only $86. Plus, we'll waive the reactivation fee, for a total savings of $102."

This offer is only for the audio channels and does not include the SiriusXM Traffic, Travel Link or Weather.

What kind of deals are there for just the traffic and weather stuff -- I see you got 3 years of traffic for about $124 but does that include weather?

Brian
No, it doesn't include the travel link, which is $1.99/month or $61.69 for 3 years(5 months free). I figured it's easier to use a smartphone with Siri or Google Now to check the weather.

You can sign up for these multi-year plans on siriusxm.com. According to several Sirius agents I talked to, there's currently no deals for the traffic or travel link.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #10
raptor1956
Focus Addict

I'm kind of torn about buying any package given that my job takes me away from home and my FF about 85% of the time, but, in the 15% of time I am home I wind up averaging about 15K miles per year. So, I may only have about 45 days a year in it but put the same mile as most people do in a full year.

I have both an iPhone (iP4) and an Android (SGNexus) so I could use that for weather and traffic I suppose, it's just nice having that on the 8 inch screen.

Brian

Bookmarks & Social Networks