Mazda forums think you can't tune the new St - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Exclusive Vendor Discussions > Focus-Power Tuning

Focus-Power Tuning Discuss about forced induction upgrades and performance tuning for your Ford Focus.
Sponsored By: Focus-Power

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
hardSVT
Turbo Freak

Fan#: 53566
What I Drive: 03 svtf

Points 13,710, Level 76
Points: 13,710, Level: 76 Points: 13,710, Level: 76 Points: 13,710, Level: 76
Level Up 15% Completed
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 5 hardSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Mazda forums think you can't tune the new St

Long story short the Mazda tuners are getting in the focus world because of the new ST
They think focus tuners will be behind in tuning the new ST I'm standing up for the focus community
I listed all the focus tuners and this is what someone said
This is not a post to bash on any forums or Mazda peps
If you take this post the wrong way get over it

What do you think Turbotom

This is what someone posted

This isn't the old focus... this is a brand new platform. FSwerks has been building and tuning PI durtec engines.... this is a whole new ball game. The new 2.0 (both N/A and turboed) employ a DI fuel system. Which no focus has previously used.... however, this new Focus fueling system looks remarkably similar to the MS3... which Cobb just so happens to have a little experience in.

This is also the first turbo charged Focus from the factory. That means ECU complexity that FSwerks has never even heard of. STC has made a tuning solution (most likely the software fswerks tunes with) for every previous model focus... yet they haven't even released the software for the 2012 NA focus. They keep stringing everyone along telling them this is a very complicated ECU and they are still working things out.

Which would you rather have.. a complany who is familiar with building tuner turbo kits for port injected cars... or a industry leading company who specializes in factory turbo charged cars with direct injected fueling systems.

Maybe you should do a little research before handing out such advice.

Last edited by hardSVT; 09-09-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
mikebontoft
Toxx

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

Points 23,245, Level 93
Points: 23,245, Level: 93 Points: 23,245, Level: 93 Points: 23,245, Level: 93
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 34%
Activity: 34% Activity: 34% Activity: 34%
FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
uh sounds like an unofficial company rep to me.

so if that's true then... Cobb just magically knew how to tune Mazdas? NO! they had to learn the new structure, learn how to make the best results from it and put it out on the market. Our guys will do the same.

sounds like some of these guys can't wrap their heads around how computers work. its not that bad. lol.
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Old 09-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #3
MotorcityJAX
Sonic's MK3 Crew #14

Fan#: 90253
What I Drive: 2012, White Platinum, 5 Door SEL

FF Reputation: 6 MotorcityJAX Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebontoft View Post

so if that's true then... Cobb just magically knew how to tune Mazdas? NO! they had to learn the new structure, learn how to make the best results from it and put it out on the market. Our guys will do the same.

sounds like some of these guys can't wrap their heads around how computers work. its not that bad. lol.
100% agree, it just takes a little time and some computer sims to get it on the market, these people know what they are doing
Hatch Nation #169
Sonic Crew #14 Metal Tails
Rally Rev #16
Old 09-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #4
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 50,146, Level 100
Points: 50,146, Level: 100 Points: 50,146, Level: 100 Points: 50,146, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 40%
Activity: 40% Activity: 40% Activity: 40%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Yep sounds like Mazda guys

Yes the new Duratec is a lot like the mazda and I have been playing with them for some time , Changing pump gears for more fuel PSI , porting the heads , built many of the engines for the Mazda guys

This isnt new and it isnt rocket science , I am of high hope that SCT will have tuning for the 2012 and the ST as well as the upcoming RS

In 2009 after a hugh pissing contest cobb released FREE tuning software but you had to buy a AP (Access Port) for right at 700.00 , I have seen and used all the maps and done tuning on them

All I can say is I hope SCT comes out with a good working product with access to everything needed to properly tune the New Focus ECU

Does SCT have Tuning yet no , will they have it I do feel they will after all if cobb can do it does that mean no one else can ?

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 09-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #5
joesperformance
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92411
What I Drive: 01 Focus SE Sedan, Zetec

FF Reputation: 3 joesperformance Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
IDK on the newer vehicle's, but on my old Mazda, I used Megasquirt, it was ok, no one near as good as SCT, but it did the job

Sedan Revolution #232
Old 09-08-2012, 10:38 PM   #6
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Fan#: 83941
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

Points 6,896, Level 54
Points: 6,896, Level: 54 Points: 6,896, Level: 54 Points: 6,896, Level: 54
Level Up 73% Completed
Level up: 73% Level up: 73% Level up: 73%
Forum Activity 84%
Activity: 84% Activity: 84% Activity: 84%
FF Reputation: 9 Blue5ive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
I have heard Cobb is actually working or going to be working on the new ST software to come up with a tune. So if sct doesn't then Cobb will. At least that's what Cobb tuning says.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Old 09-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #7
joesperformance
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92411
What I Drive: 01 Focus SE Sedan, Zetec

FF Reputation: 3 joesperformance Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Im hoping SCT does, I've always been happy with their products in the past... I have ZERO complaints about SCT, thus reason I keep buying from them....

Sedan Revolution #232
Old 09-09-2012, 02:43 AM   #8
Blivit
Focus Addict

Fan#: 51292
What I Drive: 2013 ST

FF Reputation: 118 Blivit Excellent Standing Member Blivit Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
...good things will be coming from SCT.....that's all I can say right now.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #9
MotorcityJAX
Sonic's MK3 Crew #14

Fan#: 90253
What I Drive: 2012, White Platinum, 5 Door SEL

FF Reputation: 6 MotorcityJAX Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blivit View Post
...good things will be coming from SCT.....that's all I can say right now.
That's what I like to hear....

Just enough to get me excited, and keep me intrigued
Hatch Nation #169
Sonic Crew #14 Metal Tails
Rally Rev #16
Old 09-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #10
amoosenamedhank
Focus Addict

Fan#: 96374
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch

Points 853, Level 15
Points: 853, Level: 15 Points: 853, Level: 15 Points: 853, Level: 15
Level Up 53% Completed
Level up: 53% Level up: 53% Level up: 53%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 amoosenamedhank Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardSVT View Post
Long story short the Mazda tuners are getting in the focus world because of the new ST
They think focus tuners will be behind in tuning the new ST I'm standing up for the focus community
I listed all the focus tuners and this is what someone said

This is what someone posted

This isn't the old focus... this is a brand new platform. FSwerks has been building and tuning PI durtec engines.... this is a whole new ball game. The new 2.0 (both N/A and turboed) employ a DI fuel system. Which no focus has previously used.... however, this new Focus fueling system looks remarkably similar to the MS3... which Cobb just so happens to have a little experience in.

This is also the first turbo charged Focus from the factory. That means ECU complexity that FSwerks has never even heard of. STC has made a tuning solution (most likely the software fswerks tunes with) for every previous model focus... yet they haven't even released the software for the 2012 NA focus. They keep stringing everyone along telling them this is a very complicated ECU and they are still working things out.

Which would you rather have.. a complany who is familiar with building tuner turbo kits for port injected cars... or a industry leading company who specializes in factory turbo charged cars with direct injected fueling systems.

Maybe you should do a little research before handing out such advice.
Are you serious OP... you tell me you don't want to start a typing war on MSF and then you come on here and complain about me.

Cobb rep.... yeah I wish. Maybe if you took 3 seconds to look at my sig on msf, you would have saw that I own a focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebontoft View Post

You hit the nail on the head here buddy. Cobb didn't learn over night.... it's taken them many years to start learning and releasing different function with in the extremely complex Mazda ECU. Now they have years of experience tuning direct injected factory turbocharged engines over the competition. I don't think the Focus community has any idea the complexity that is involved in these ECU's.... you will and then you maybe start to understand my comments.

Bookmarks & Social Networks