DCT: Burning clutch smell inside cabin - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #31
gostinger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44867
What I Drive: 2013 SE Black Pack Loaded 5 Spd MTX

FF Reputation: 1 gostinger Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Dealers are now offering an in car air freshener of your choice on top of the turn your radio up and you won't hear it . See TSB 10-05-BSNORMAL .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #32
10'ses
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 75646
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy SEL Sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 1 10'ses Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gostinger View Post
Dealers are now offering an in car air freshener of your choice on top of the turn your radio up and you won't hear it . See TSB 10-05-BSNORMAL .
Lol! I did a fair amount of research on the DCT before buying this car and after driving several of our company foci over the last year and a half, I much prefered them to a conventional automatic. FWIW I've put about 75 miles on the car since Friday, including a couple of short expressway stints, and no burning smell. Might have just been a perfect storm of crawling in traffic, warm temps (over 80F in Michigan in October!) along with the spirited driving that caused this. I'll keep an eye out for any issues and bring it in to the dealer if needed. Thank you all

Her: 2014 Black/Black SE 201a Sedan; DCT; Cold Weather Pkg (leased; staying stock)
Old 10-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #33
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10'ses View Post
First, I apologize for reviving such an old thread, but upon my searches this seemed to be the most relevant to the situation I experienced today.

I bought my Focus used last weekend with 39k miles on the clock (avg. mpg readout stayed a solid 35.9 for days until I reset it, so I'm guessing all highway). Today I was running it hard in sport shift mode in some traffic, and when I excited the freeway a guy in a Volt pulled up next to me honking saying my tire was smoking. I pulled into the closest parking lot and started chuckling as I've smelled burnt clutch before...
Hi 10'ses,

It sounds like a dealership visit should be your next step. Additionally, I'd like to see how I can help; send me a PM with your name, daytime phone number, mileage, VIN, and dealership. I'll look into some options.

Thanks!

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 10-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #34
VonKaiser
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 26749
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus SE sedan

FF Reputation: 1 VonKaiser Good Standing Member
I'm glad I saw this topic...

This week I experienced my first clutch smell in my cabin...and I was barely over 9,500 miles. I've had burnt clutches before on a couple of my manual cars so the smell is familiar to me. I'm going in tomorrow morning to get an oil change and to have the instrument display TSB done since mine cuts out occasionally. Maybe I need to have them look at the transmission too? My DCT is giving me fits these past 2 weeks...

*edit*
Oh and not related but I've already had the dealer replace my sync module once and its acting up again so that's a second replace they need to do... One more time and I'm calling lemon and getting a Mustang.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #35
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95399
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonKaiser View Post

This week I experienced my first clutch smell in my cabin...and I was barely over 9,500 miles. I've had burnt clutches before on a couple of my manual cars so the smell is familiar to me. I'm going in tomorrow morning to get an oil change and to have the instrument display TSB done since mine cuts out occasionally. Maybe I need to have them look at the transmission too? My DCT is giving me fits these past 2 weeks...

*edit*
Oh and not related but I've already had the dealer replace my sync module once and its acting up again so that's a second replace they need to do... One more time and I'm calling lemon and getting a Mustang.
If you don't get a resolution from the dealer please find Todd the ford rep here and get your case escalated
Old 10-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #36
10'ses
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:

*edit*
Mine is in the shop now and it's sounding like they are just going to replace my clutches. They haven't argued it and are waiting on the trans guy for a final word. I just came from a mustang and they have their fair share of quirks. Namely noisy suspension components and an ornery manual trans (why would you put a soft rubber bushing in a short throw sports car is beyond me). Also the autos are notorious for slow shifting without a tune. I miss the heck of the Stang, but all cars have their quirks. Best of luck to ya at the dealer

Her: 2014 Black/Black SE 201a Sedan; DCT; Cold Weather Pkg (leased; staying stock)
Old 10-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #37
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
...This week I experienced my first clutch smell in my cabin...and I was barely over 9,500 miles. I've had burnt clutches before on a couple of my manual cars so the smell is familiar to me. I'm going in tomorrow morning....
Hi VonKaiser,

Lets get this into the hands of your regional customer service manager. Please send me a PM with your full name, best contact phone number, VIN, mileage, and the servicing dealership you're visiting in the morning.

Quote:
Mine is in the shop now and it's sounding like they are just going to replace my clutches. They haven't argued it and are waiting on the trans guy for a final word.
Is your vehicle at a Ford Dealer, 10'ses? Let me know and I'll look into available options.

Todd

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 10-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #38
VonKaiser
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cassandra View Post
If you don't get a resolution from the dealer please find Todd the ford rep here and get your case escalated
Quote:
Mine is in the shop now and it's sounding like they are just going to replace my clutches. They haven't argued it and are waiting on the trans guy for a final word. I just came from a mustang and they have their fair share of quirks. Namely noisy suspension components and an ornery manual trans (why would you put a soft rubber bushing in a short throw sports car is beyond me). Also the autos are notorious for slow shifting without a tune. I miss the heck of the Stang, but all cars have their quirks. Best of luck to ya at the dealer
Thanks Guys. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService View Post
Hi VonKaiser,

Lets get this into the hands of your regional customer service manager. Please send me a PM with your full name, best contact phone number, VIN, mileage, and the servicing dealership you're visiting in the morning.
Thank you, I'll PM you the details when I get off of work. :D
Old 10-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #39
10'ses
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Is your vehicle at a Ford Dealer, 10'ses? Let me know and I'll look into available options.

Todd[/QUOTE]

Hi Todd, I'm actually all set and have the car back. The dealer found a code in my transmission and updated it to the new software and so far so good. I'll let you know if I need your assistance. I have a good sales/service relationship with my ford dealer, so not necessary to escalate anything.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #40
VonKaiser
Focus Enthusiast

Just to let you all know I dropped off my Focus Saturday morning and they are going to keep it a few days to go over everything. I did get a sweet new Edge loaner vehicle. :)

I will let you all know what happens...

Bookmarks & Social Networks