Rear Alignment - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
2012_Focus_
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98386
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 2012_Focus_ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Rear Alignment

Hi, I bought 2 new rear tires and I had my alignment done by a very good alignment place, but I dont know if they have ever done a new focus? The place uses hand tools (not laser) and it took them a long time to adjust the rear. He told me that camber is not adjustable, which from what I read is true, but I feel like my car sways and pulls the curve of the road so much more then before the alignment.. My steering wheel isnt 100% straight but I think they just touched the socket down there just to charge$ me for it (I dont think it was even off).. looking at my rear tires I can tell the camber is off and from the naked eye it looks like my toe is also off..

Does anyone have the 2012 alignment specs?
Also does anyone know if the dealerships drive over thing "alignment check" is a actuate specs.. Cause I spent alot of money and dont know if I want a refund or let them check it n fix if needed.. Thanks Jay

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #2
Power Surge
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 55878
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE 5-door

FF Reputation: 1 Power Surge Good Standing Member
What part of FL are you in?

The new Focus is no different than the previous models, chassis wise. Everything adjusts the same.
2008 Vista Blue SE (gone)
Old 10-07-2012, 09:38 PM   #3
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buying two new tires shouldn't really have warranted an alignment, as long as the tires were balanced properly if the car was aligned well before, it should have been fine. I'd definitely see what the heck is up, I wouldn't even trust a place that did it by hand without an alignment rack with a laser system.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 10-07-2012, 10:42 PM   #4
SkyPilot
Jetsetter

Fan#: 22350
What I Drive: 2004 SE, 2012 Yellow Blaze SE HB

FF Reputation: 45 SkyPilot Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
How many miles were on those tires? Also did you rotate them at a regular interval?
ZETEC Crew #26 SR #20 YELLOW BLAZE OWNERS GROUP#4
Moderator Pilot, 2 foci Owner! 04 SE Sedan [P RNDL], 12 SE HB ╠╬╝
Ford Focus Discussions, Ford Focus Marketplace, Ford Focus Tech Discussions, Movies & Music Fanatics, Regional Forums

Advocare 24 Day Challenge!
Old 10-08-2012, 06:03 AM   #5
BetaDnB
Drum n Bass Lover

Fan#: 87466
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SE Sport

FF Reputation: 11 BetaDnB Great Standing Member
Just wondering how you're judging the toe is off with the naked eye. The camber you're seeing is probably the negative camber you should have in the rear. Your camber shouldn't be 0. The only reason you should need an alignment in the rear this early is if you've completely beat the hell out of your car on extremely rough roads or ebrake drifted your rear end in to a curb. Also, why are you only changing the rear tires? Do you not rotate then stick the rears on the front once the front wears down?
Sedan Revolution #249 - 2012 SE Sport - ╠╬╝ - Ingot Silver - 201A - K&N w/ snorkel delete - Blox Type R Knob

Last edited by BetaDnB; 10-08-2012 at 09:15 AM. Reason: grammatically incorrect use of the word "you're"
Old 10-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #6
jdetzel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102548
What I Drive: 2012 White Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 jdetzel Good Standing Member
You had a 4 wheel alignment done right? Which is what one should do with a vehicle like ours that has 4 wheel independent suspension. You replaced 2 tires because they were worn and you put the new ones on the rear right? Which is what is recommended on a vehicle like ours that has front wheel drive. All of that all sounds about right.
The only thing is that the alignment was not done on some sort of measuring system, if I understood you correctly. That does not sound right. It seems like a very good alignment place would have a very good alignment system.
Do you think maybe you feel the new tires with brand new tread catching the irregularities in the road surface because they are brand new and have new tread?
Old 10-08-2012, 09:17 AM   #7
2012_Focus_
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdetzel View Post
You had a 4 wheel alignment done right? Which is what one should do with a vehicle like ours that has 4 wheel independent suspension. You replaced 2 tires because they were worn and you put the new ones on the rear right? Which is what is recommended on a vehicle like ours that has front wheel drive. All of that all sounds about right.
The only thing is that the alignment was not done on some sort of measuring system, if I understood you correctly. That does not sound right. It seems like a very good alignment place would have a very good alignment system.
Do you think maybe you feel the new tires with brand new tread catching the irregularities in the road surface because they are brand new and have new tread?
thank you for being positive, I have 25k Miles and replaced 2 tires cause of money.. from what I hear on here and others the stock pilot 3 dont get many miles out of them so I went with Michelin MXM4.. The place that did the alignment is Weber Wheel Alignment in Palm Beach FL. Been in business for years, never had a problem with my trucks i've brought there.. This was my first alignment since i've owned the car.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #8
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012_Focus_ View Post
Also does anyone know if the dealerships drive over thing "alignment check" is a actuate specs..
Huh?
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:24 AM   #9
2012_Focus_
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
Huh?
When you pull into the service bay the dealer has a platform you drive on and it tells you if your alignment is off
Old 10-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #10
jdetzel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102548
What I Drive: 2012 White Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 jdetzel Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012_Focus_ View Post
thank you for being positive, I have 25k Miles and replaced 2 tires cause of money.. from what I hear on here and others the stock pilot 3 dont get many miles out of them so I went with Michelin MXM4.. The place that did the alignment is Weber Wheel Alignment in Palm Beach FL. Been in business for years, never had a problem with my trucks i've brought there.. This was my first alignment since i've owned the car.
25K sounds about right for those tires. I have the same and will be happy to get that from mine. I am probably going to look at some other brands, Yokohama makes a 40k tire for our car and I have had very good service from them in the past.
If this is a place you know and trust then you are probably good. But still makes me wonder about not using an alignment system. Have them recheck it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks